Parenting
Options

Anyone shop at BJs?

Before we moved to where we live now, we had a membership at Sam's.   It was pretty good, we only bought certain things there.  We got a 60 day free membership offer in the mail, just curious if anyone can compare the two?  I've heard that you can use coupons at BJs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone shop at BJs?

• Options

imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    If you have 60 days free, use it. I wouldn't do a membership though. We prefer Costco.

Oh ya, definitely won't lose a free trial membership, but was curious if anyone had an opinions on it.

• Options
    msdrdgmsdrdg member

We go there for all our paper products and diapers/wipes/pull ups.

They aren't that great a deal for food stuff.

You can use BJ's coupons and then stack on a manufacturer coupon.  And if you buy something like wipes that come in a multi pack you can use multiple manufacturer coupons.  So you can rack up the savings.

The Book of Love Has Music in it

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a BJ's member. I've never really been to Costco and always thought they were basically the same. This thread has me wondering!

I really like BJ's though. You don't always get a deal, but if you pay attention to prices you do. All cards, hallmark things are 50% off. The clothes prices are pretty good and surprisingly decent quality. The milk, bread, and most of the produce is better prices than at my grocery store... If you can actually make use of it all. Figuring which foods were a deal and which ones I ended up throwing 1/2 if it out when they went bad was a bit of a learning curve for me.

Gum, cakes and spices are also really good deals.

• Options
    I've done both and Costco is way better. They have a great selection of organic foods. Hmmm now i want to reup my membership.
  • Options
    I like BJs more than Sam's. You can buy smaller quantities anf the selection is better, in my opinion. Plus, Sam's is associated with Wal Mart, which we try to avoid. Give it a shot!

Also, you can walk in to look around without having a membership. You only need it to check out. At Sam's you need it at the entrance.

I can't say anything about Cosco's because I've never been.

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    imagebearsbearsbears:

As KMM said, they're no Costco.

I recently gave the 60 day trial a shot at BJs since they are way closer to us than BJs.  When I went to customer service to get the card, they gave me a huge guilt trip about not getting a permanent membership and then showed me the coupon catalog to show me the saving I would get if I was a member.  The BJs guy then took the coupon book AWAY FROM ME and said (very dramatically/tragically): "I can't let you have these right now...you're not a member."  He was really sleazy and it was a turn off.  It was so different from Costco where they have EXCELLENT customer service.

So funny you wrote this - we went today and the exact same thing happened!  The lady basically went through all the things members getting, making me think she we would be members for the 60 days we got it.  So, she gave me the book and when I said I wanted to wait to buy the membership to see if we actually saved anything, she snatched it out of my hands and said "Then, sorry, this is not for you, only members."  I said " Aren't we technically members for 60 days?"  She said "Paying members, I meant."

Uh ok.  No big deal.  We didn't get to look around much, because a storm was coming in and I didn't want to get stuck in the rain, but it did look like things were smaller than say, Sam's, which is good for us, because there is only 3 of us.  Also, I don't have a Costco, which stinks, because I have heard good things about it.  Rub it in ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"