Cloth Diapering

Converting a pocket to a cover?

Has anyone ever tried converting a WAHM pocket to a cover? It is a NFL team diaper and it would be cooler as a cover so he can wear it longer. Is this a horrible idea?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Converting a pocket to a cover?

• I haven't converted a pocket to a cover... I have in a pinch laid a prefold on top of a pocket and re-used it a couple of times if the pee didn't soak through and make the fabric on the pocket wet.  Obviously you couldn't re-use it like this as many times though.

I'm intrigued by the concept though... I think it probably would be fine to cut away the fabric... can anybody think of a reason this wouldn't work?

I've been hanging out here since before DD was born and this is the first time I've heard this question asked!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did it with two of my CB pockets because I wanted to try them as a swim dipe.  I just cute the fabric away.  Honestly, it was awful, unless you're a pro at resewing the seems...they get pilly and frayed once you cut. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Hmmm... A lot to think about. I may be able to fix it, but I don't know if I want to risk it. Thanks for the feedback ladies :)
  • I converted some of my Alva pockets to covers by cutting away the pocket lining. Works great, just be sure to cut carefully so you don't cut the PUL too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLennongirl:
    I converted some of my Alva pockets to covers by cutting away the pocket lining. Works great, just be sure to cut carefully so you don't cut the PUL too.

Did you leave the lining around the edge of the diaper by the stitching? Does that make sense...?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"