Babies: 6 - 9 Months

feeding issues

My 7 month old is not a good eater at all.  She was great until she had her 4 month shots and got sick from them.  She did not eat hardly anything for almost a week.  Ever since then she has not been too into eating. 

She gets 6 oz of formula every three hours and almost never eats all 6 ounces.  I have been giving her cereal and fruit for breakfast and cereal and veggies at dinner.  She gets upset watching my 2 year old eat lunch because she wants some but then if i give her baby food she wont eat her 1pm bottle at all.  I am not sure what to do because I am afraid that she wont get enough fluid or nutrient if she isn't eating her formula.  

Does anyone else have any issues like this? I have asked the doctor and he isnt too worried because she is gaining weight and meeting all her milestones.   

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: feeding issues

• kb&mbkb&mb
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    My LO stopped eating well and I moved to a 4 hour schedule and he eats much better. He has been on a 4 hr schedule since about a month ago. So, he nurses 4 times a day and has 2-3 small meals of solids. Maybe trying this would help?
  • image kb&mb:
    My LO stopped eating well and I moved to a 4 hour schedule and he eats much better. He has been on a 4 hr schedule since about a month ago. So, he nurses 4 times a day and has 2-3 small meals of solids. Maybe trying this would help?

My 6.5 month old does 6 ounce bottles as well, and wasn't finishing them. Like, PP, we moved to a 4 hour schedule and he's now finishing them (or coming close, most of the time). We also switched to a faster flow nipple and that helped as well.

Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I EBF (aside from solids) but had to switch to times further apart within the last few weeks also to get DD to eat better. She went from nursing about 8 times during her awake hours but barely finishing a side if I was lucky to 6 times and she actually finishes one side and most of the other now each feeding. We started that prior to her starting solids and she's continued the same pattern with solids.
  • We had to move to a 4 hr schedule with 6oz bottles ... She usually doesn't finish the first morning bottle but that's common. She gets breakfast 2 hors after a bottle, same with lunch and dinner. Maybe cut out the cereal and just do fruit and veggie ... DS stopped drinking when I gave him cereal because it upset his tummy so we never gave it to DD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards