January 2013 Moms

Stinky, I mean really stinky toots!

DD is EBF and hasn't pooped in 4 days. She's straining to go and now has the rankest adult smelling gas so I know she's constipated. I bought some apple prune juice this morning. She's never had anything but breast milk. Do I just dilute it with water or add it to breast milk?

ETA we've never had this problem before and I've already tried the rectal thermometer and qtip tricks but without success.

Re: Stinky, I mean really stinky toots!

• My pediatrician said that at 6 months we can start giving DS water, so I say it's ok to dilute with water. Good luck though, I know that's miserable, I hate feeling helpless. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • DS was constipated a few days ago after all the meds he has been talking this week. We mixed pureed prunes with his sweet potatoes and gave him water in a bottle and a few hours later he went! LOL....blew out technically...but he is loose now! Hope it works for you! 

Oh, and water is fine. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • My bubbo has this problem a lot. We mix pear puree into his apples, carrots and cereal. Usually he goes within a couple hours. BUT he is formula fed, so i don't know how much that changed things. But i would just ad an ounce to a bottle personally. That's what my pedi suggested originally but we decided to try this route first.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• image82Sonia:
    DD is EBF and hasn't pooped in 4 days. She's straining to go and now has the rankest adult smelling gas so I know she's constipated. I bought some apple prune juice this morning. She's never had anything but breast milk. Do I just dilute it with water or add it to breast
    milk?

ETA we've never had this problem before and I've already tried the rectal thermometer and qtip tricks but without success.

Try giving him jar food i give my lo sweet potatoes or green beans and it helps out quite a bit of poop diapers!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just ordered some prune pouches from Amazon because DD went 3 days without pooping and I was getting a little worried! She ended up pooping and then the next day pooped 3 times in one day. I think she was just getting used to the change in texture after starting solids.

GL! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"