March 2014 Moms

Runners

I know there are a few of us out there and I'm just interested to see how everyone's doing. How about a little GTKY?

How many miles do you run a week?

Do you plan on doing any races while pregnant?

How has pregnancy affected your running so far?
DD1: 05.16.12  DD2: 02.13.14  TTC #3

Re: Runners

• How many miles do you run a week?

I'm at about 20 miles per week right now, but I plan on gradually increasing.

Do you plan on doing any races while pregnant?

Right now I'm planning on a half in Chicago in August. But if I'm feeling yucky I can drop down to the 10k

How has pregnancy affected your running so far?

Honestly, I feel much better this time around than with DD. That's mostly thanks to no nausea. I do need to be better about staying hydrated on my long runs though.
  • Hi! I'm a runner, although I haven't been running much over the past several months. I just started up again recently since I signed up for a half marathon in October and one in January. I figure I'll probably be walking those now.

Miles/week: only about 12 at the moment

I help coach a beginning runners group through work and we're doing a 5k on Sept 7. I've also got the previously mentioned halves on the docket for Oct and Jan. I usually also do the Turkey Trot 10K in November.

I just found out I'm pregnant this morning, so it hasn't affected me yet. I was pregnant last fall and sadly miscarried, but I tried to keep up with my running while I was still pregnant and had a hard time since my breasts were *so* sore. We'll see how it goes this time. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    BFP #1   8.29.12   EDD 5.8.13   MC 10.9.12   GusGus
    BFP #2   7.12.13   EDD 3.24.14   MC 7.26.13   Muggle
    RE Consult 8.22.13 for RPL testing
    Diagnosed with Factor V Leiden and MTHFR 
    IUI #1 10.11.13 w/gonal-f and ovidrel   BFP #3 & CP 10.25.13   Dot
    IUI #2 12.9.13 w/gonal-f and ovidrel   BFP #4 12.18.13   EDD 9.1.14
    Our rainbow, Eleanor Margaret born 8.27.14
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimageimage  imageimage
    formerly lindsayhilleary
  • I've been a failure of a runner lately. I was being lazy right before getting pregnant too, so right now I'm doing a max of 2 miles or so a week. I think I have been running once a week. It's so sad. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was running maybe 3 or 4 times a week, maybe 12 miles total; was doing 5ks. I haven't run in the past month because I was injured doing a triathlon the beginning of June. I want to run at least a couple times a week and do a 5k next month with friends, but right now I'm just not motivated.

Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    7/8/13 - Surprise BFP
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Girl K's EDD 3/14/14, Born: 3/8/14
  • Not sure if I qualify as a runner or not. . .but I do run.

I've been trying to run once or twice a week, but only 1-2 miles.  I've been pretty lately with the summer heat though.

Actually planning to do my first ever 5k this summer, with LO1 in the jogging stroller.  Should be interesting. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• MK1550MK1550
    100 Comments 100 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I've been running pretty consistently lately. I usually do between 10 20 miles a week. No races planned for me. Before I found out I was pregnant I was doing the Insanity program, but think its a bit too intense now so I've switched back to running. I'm going at a slow pace right now not running as far as I'd like to, but I'm hoping to build up my distance. I'm hoping the exercise will keep some symptoms at bay once they eventually show up.
  • image Meganequine:

Not sure if I qualify as a runner or not. . .but I do run.

I've been trying to run once or twice a week, but only 1-2 miles.  I've been pretty lately with the summer heat though.

Actually planning to do my first ever 5k this summer, with LO1 in the jogging stroller.  Should be interesting. 

How do you like running with the jogging stroller? I never did end up getting one. I like my runs to be about me lol, so I make DH watch DD while I go out.  

• image bunnyfungo:
    image Meganequine:

Not sure if I qualify as a runner or not. . .but I do run.

How do you like running with the jogging stroller? I never did end up getting one. I like my runs to be about me lol, so I make DH watch DD while I go out.  

I like it.  It's nice to be able to run on my time and not wait for DH to be available.  My kid loves stroller walks so he likes the jogging stroller too.  It is kinda weird not to be able to swing your arms though (or only swing one at a time.)

BabyFruit Ticker

• iEricaiErica
    250 Answers 500 Comments Second Anniversary Combo Breaker

I was at about 25 miles a week pre-pregnancy.  I did 15 miles this week, so not up to where I normally am... but could be worse.

I'm queasy, so I'm surprised I even hit 15. I've had to switch my runs from the early AM to the later PM when I'm less queasy.

And I have a 5k next month I'm signed up for!  I wanted to do a marathon we have here in the fall, but I may bail out of that. I haven't decided. 

• Hi!

I have been regularly running for about 6 months now. I do about 2025 miles per week depending on work.

I just got my BFP this week so I kinda have been taking it easy. I plan to start back up next week.

My question is: can I keep that same type of mileage during this first trimester?

Me and DH are doing a 10k on 7/27!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Remembering our little poppy seed. April 2013

[/url]
  • Hi all!

I generally consider myself a runner, but I've been training for a sprint triathlon this summer, so my mileage has only been about 10 - 15 per week. 

We found out last Saturday, & the triathlon is tomorrow! (Mini-Musselman in Geneva, NY) Bit nervous because I've been tired, but my training this week has gone fine, so I think it'll be okay.

I'm signed up to run a half Aug 17 (Biggest Loser Half in Erie, PA) which I still intend to do, maybe just a bit slower.  My first marathon was scheduled to be October 27 (MCM in DC), but I think I'll be moving down to the 10K now.

After the half I hope to be doing 15 - 20 m/wk, but I'll kind of see what my body is thinking & go from there.  At my pre-conception appt my gyn said I could keep running as long as I didn't up miles or pace & took cues from my body, so that's what I intend to do. :)  Glad there are other runners in the group! 

• image AMarinucci:

Hi all!

I generally consider myself a runner, but I've been training for a sprint triathlon this summer, so my mileage has only been about 10 - 15 per week. 

We found out last Saturday, & the triathlon is tomorrow! (Mini-Musselman in Geneva, NY) Bit nervous because I've been tired, but my training this week has gone fine, so I think it'll be okay.

I'm signed up to run a half Aug 17 (Biggest Loser Half in Erie, PA) which I still intend to do, maybe just a bit slower.  My first marathon was scheduled to be October 27 (MCM in DC), but I think I'll be moving down to the 10K now.

After the half I hope to be doing 15 - 20 m/wk, but I'll kind of see what my body is thinking & go from there.  At my pre-conception appt my gyn said I could keep running as long as I didn't up miles or pace & took cues from my body, so that's what I intend to do. :)  Glad there are other runners in the group! 

I am genuinely in awe of anyone that does triathlons. My sister and her husband do about 3 a year and they look crazy hard. It doesn't help that I can barely swim lol. But having to swim, and then bike, and then run...um not for me! I imagine the swimming will be great for you the further along you get. My OB told me last time around that it's the best exercise for pregnant women because there is no impact. But again...can't swim haha 

• I only run 2 to 3 miles 2 to 3 times a week with DD in the jogging stroller.

I haven't gone in over a week because of MS. :

I'm signed up for a 5k in August. I hope I make it!
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • jjt616jjt616
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary
    image AMarinucci:
    Hi all!I generally consider myself a runner, but I've been training for a sprint triathlon this summer, so my mileage has only been about 10 15 per week.nbsp;We found out last Saturday, amp; the triathlon is tomorrow! MiniMusselman in Geneva, NY Bit nervous because I've been tired, but my training this week has gone fine, so I think it'll be okay.I'm signed up to run a half Aug 17 Biggest Loser Half in Erie, PA which I still intend to do, maybe just a bit slower. nbsp;My first marathon was scheduled to be October 27 MCM in DC, but I think I'll be moving down to the 10K now.After the half I hope to be doing 15 20 m/wk, but I'll kind of see what my body is thinking amp; go from there. nbsp;At my preconception appt my gyn said I could keep running as long as I didn't up miles or pace amp; took cues from my body, so that's what I intend to do. : nbsp;Glad there are other runners in the group!nbsp;

I had signed up for the mini mussel man but decided not to do it and I'm bummed but it is the right decision for us. Good luck and have so much fun! Is this your first time at the mini mussel man? I did it two years ago before I got pregnant with dd. it was one of the most fun things I have ever done! Have a blast and let us know how it goes!

I was training for a sprint triathlon as mentioned above and had done several 5ks this spring so I was up to about 14 miles a week. Since I found out I'm pregnant I've only ran once. It's actually my goal next week to run at least three times.

• image jjt616:
    image AMarinucci:
    Hi all!I generally consider myself a runner, but I've been training for a sprint triathlon this summer, so my mileage has only been about 10 15 per week.nbsp;We found out last Saturday, amp; the triathlon is tomorrow! MiniMusselman in Geneva, NY Bit nervous because I've been tired, but my training this week has gone fine, so I think it'll be okay.I'm signed up to run a half Aug 17 Biggest Loser Half in Erie, PA which I still intend to do, maybe just a bit slower. nbsp;My first marathon was scheduled to be October 27 MCM in DC, but I think I'll be moving down to the 10K now.After the half I hope to be doing 15 20 m/wk, but I'll kind of see what my body is thinking amp; go from there. nbsp;At my preconception appt my gyn said I could keep running as long as I didn't up miles or pace amp; took cues from my body, so that's what I intend to do. : nbsp;Glad there are other runners in the group!nbsp;
    I had signed up for the mini mussel man but decided not to do it and I'm bummed but it is the right decision for us. Good luck and have so much fun! Is this your first time at the mini mussel man? I did it two years ago before I got pregnant with dd. it was one of the most fun things I have ever done! Have a blast and let us know how it goes! I was training for a sprint triathlon as mentioned above and had done several 5ks this spring so I was up to about 14 miles a week. Since I found out I'm pregnant I've only ran once. It's actually my goal next week to run at least three times.

I LOVED the miniMusselman.  It was so well-organized & a lot of fun.  I was happy with my times (except for my transitions - 8 minutes from swim to bike, what was I doing?!?!) & liked the course a lot.  There was sadly a tragedy during the race, but I was behind it enough to not see anything graphic, not sure how my queasy stomach would have taken it.

I'm hoping to do another tri at some point in the future, maybe the miniMussel in 2015. Hope your week of running goes well!! :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards