TheBump.com - the inside scoop on pregnancy.
Get The Bump magazine >
You're almost there. Log in if you're a member or join now to connect to Facebook.
Request a new password
popular: ovulation calculator
Find your most fertile days and start TTC >>
moms love: pregnancy calendar
Count down to delivery with your calendar >>
moms love: your baby this week
Sign up to receive weekly updates on your baby >>
moms love: baby name finder
Search through 1000s of baby names >>
moms love: personalized tickers
Track TTC, pregnancy, or baby's age >>
moms love: pregnancy week by week
Let us guide you along week-by-week!)
1. How old is your LO?
2. How much are you pumping each time?
3. What's your pumping schedule?
4. Did your schedule change if you are back to work?
1. How old is your LO? 6 1/2 months
2. How much are you pumping each time? first pump of the day 16oz, all other pumps 6 to 7oz
currently i pump:
wake up pump 5:30am - 16oz
9 am pump -6 or 7oz
1 pm pump 6 or 7oz
5 pm pump 6 or 7oz
9 pm pump 6 or 7oz
i was pumping every two hours at first, round the clock. but when my DS stared sleeping thru the night i did too! so it was every two hours during the day and not at night.
when i returned to work (i work 7-3) i was pumping when i woke up at 5, then on my way to work, at 9am at 11am and at 2pm then again when i got home at 4pm 6pm and 8pm.
i gradually started cutting back to every three hours, cutting out the driving pumping first, now i'm at every four hours.
2. pump roughly 1.7oz per hour I go between sessions, so usually 12-18oz
3. I pump 3x a day, 7am (16-18oz), 2pm (12-14oz), & 10pm (13-15oz)
4. I work for super small company, so no maternity leave. I returned to work 3 days after having each baby! I did pump 6x a day to begin with, then worked my way down. Will drop to 2x in about 6 weeks and wean off completely in about 9 weeks, baby will be 6mo. I have a HUGE stash in freezer, about 300 6oz bags, so DS will be on BM for at least 8mo of his life. Did the same for DS #1 and it worked out well.
LO is 10 1/2 months.
Just dropped another session, starting the weaning process to be done by 1 year.
3 pumps a day. First pump - 2am - 15 oz. Second pump - 11 am - 8 oz. Third pump - 6 pm - 8 oz.
SAHM. Started off by pumping every 2-3 hours. Then went to 3-4 hours after 12 weeks. Then went to 4-5 hours after 6 months. Now down to 3 pumps a day.