February 2013 Moms

FFFC?

Any takers?

Mine: I think a lot of babies look like aliens, and not in a good way. Not my handsome man, of course, but it takes some kids time to grow into their features. 

imageimageimage
BFP#1: 12.27.11, EDD 9.6.12, M/C 1/6/12 at 5w
BFP#2: 5.26.12, EDD 2.7.13, DS Born 2.1.13

Re: FFFC?

• DD has started giving "kisses."

And by "kisses" I mean she grabs my face and pulls it toward her and smashes her wide open mouth against my cheek. It's adorable. And kind of messy.

But she mostly just does it to me. I feel bad because I know DH is jealous that he doesn't get many baby kisses, but it does make me feel awfully special, too!
  • djhardjhar
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    image Puck1182:
    DD has started giving "kisses." And by "kisses" I mean she grabs my face and pulls it toward her and smashes her wide open mouth against my cheek. It's adorable. And kind of messy. But she mostly just does it to me. I feel bad because I know DH is jealous that he doesn't get many baby kisses, but it does make me feel awfully special, too!

Jeremiah - born 1/12/2013

Blog

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • djhardjhar
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    image Puck1182:
    DD has started giving "kisses." And by "kisses" I mean she grabs my face and pulls it toward her and smashes her wide open mouth against my cheek. It's adorable. And kind of messy. But she mostly just does it to me. I feel bad because I know DH is jealous that he doesn't get many baby kisses, but it does make me feel awfully special, too!

Jeremiah - born 1/12/2013

Blog

BabyFruit Ticker

• kitevkitev
    500 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer
    I go grocery shopping once a week. I go to the local food co op and pay extra for local organic fruits and vegetables. If I have to buy canned or processed foods I'll only buy it if it has the "nonGMO" label on it. Really, I annoy myself. But it's always this big ordeal and it takes me an hour alone just to drive into town so by the end of it all I'm famished.
    So on the way back home I usually end up hitting the drive thru. Taco Bell is my favorite but I love sonic and BK.
    I don't preach about only buying organic and how anything else is evil and blah blah blah, so I hope that makes me less of a hypocrite.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• My favorite radio station right now is Disney on Pandora. I put it on "for DS" all the time. :P And I totally cried my eyes out when "You'll be in my Heart" from the Tarzan soundtrack came on. I'm lame!!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• image jersey1402:
    image Sterling13:
    Any takers? Mine: I think a lot of babies look like aliens, and not in a good way. Not my handsome man, of course, but it takes some kids time to grow into their features.nbsp;
    Totally agree. Mine... I laugh every time ds is about to start crying, it's the cutest thing ever... His bottom lip will get pushed out his eyes will open wide them bam.

We do this too!  My DD looks around, then turns her whole mouth down and cries.  I laugh every time because it is really dramatic and hilarious! 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• image Puck1182:
    DD has started giving "kisses." And by "kisses" I mean she grabs my face and pulls it toward her and smashes her wide open mouth against my cheek. It's adorable. And kind of messy.

Mine does this too :)

imageimage
  • image Puck1182:
    DD has started giving "kisses."

And by "kisses" I mean she grabs my face and pulls it toward her and smashes her wide open mouth against my cheek. It's adorable. And kind of messy.

But she mostly just does it to me. I feel bad because I know DH is jealous that he doesn't get many baby kisses, but it does make me feel awfully special, too!

I love that I am the only one who Ds gives kisses to. Dh keeps telling me they aren't kisses, I think he is jealous. I don't feel bad though, dd is a daddy's girl.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks
  • jbatchjbatch
    250 Answers 500 Comments 250 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    image Sterling13:

Any takers?

Mine: I think a lot of babies look like aliens, and not in a good way. Not my handsome man, of course, but it takes some kids time to grow into their features. 

I think a lot of babies are not cute at all!! Mine is of course :)

• image Drea926:
    My favorite radio station right now is Disney on Pandora. I put it on "for DS" all the time. :P And I totally cried my eyes out when "You'll be in my Heart" from the Tarzan soundtrack came on. I'm lame!!

I sing DS that song all the time! Love that movie :)

My confession is that I let my son watch Elmo so I can get things done in the mornings sometimes. I always have to get his bottles ready and pack his diaper bag for the day and it gives me enough time to do those things. 

• image schwabmomma:

image Drea926:
    My favorite radio station right now is Disney on Pandora. I put it on "for DS" all the time. :P And I totally cried my eyes out when "You'll be in my Heart" from the Tarzan soundtrack came on. I'm lame!!

My confession is that I let my son watch Elmo so I can get things done in the mornings sometimes. I always have to get his bottles ready and pack his diaper bag for the day and it gives me enough time to do those things. 

youre better than me. My kid watches GMA to buy me time to drink a coffee and wake up! 

I may be a big ol B sometimes… but...
  • Like 20 times a day for the past 3 weeks I've been teaching DD to say "mama.". She finally started saying it last week and it melted my heart even though I know it has no meaning attached to it yet for her.  I never taught her "dada.". DH has been such a pain since I got pregnant that I would have lost my sh!t if she'd said 'dada' first.  He doesn't deserve it!
  • image marionravenwood:
    Like 20 times a day for the past 3 weeks I've been teaching DD to say "mama.". She finally started saying it last week and it melted my heart even though I know it has no meaning attached to it yet for her. nbsp;I never taught her "dada.". DH has been such a pain since I got pregnant that I would have lost my sh!t if she'd said 'dada' first. nbsp;He doesn't deserve it!

Haha! I have been trying to teach Mama and only Mama too!

Mine is I let DS munch on a strawberry using one of those teethy chew nets. He loved it. We aren't starting solids yet and I found out after strawberry is a no no food. But love of strawberries runs strongly on his dad's side, so I figured it's unlikely he's allergic.

I like cookies.

• I guess this is probably where I come in and say that I let DS watch a show with me when he is being cranky (not quite ready for bed cranky) and I have run out of ideas to keep him entertained. It usually keeps us both happy (and cuddling) until he does start yawning and rubbing his eyes. He seems to be very drawn to Dr. Phil. When we were down in AZ for ten days, I would actually pull up cartoons on my iPad and we would watch those together, or I would use it to make him do tummy time longer... Sigh. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Whenever I get the chance to pawn E off on DH I take it. She adores him and he plays so well with her it melts my heart. I take care of all the actual responsibilities (feeding, changing, cleaning etc.) so the least he can do it give me a break from her every chance I can get, right? And all she does is attacks him hahaha! Grabs at his glasses, his hat, yells at him for the remote control, tries to take his cell phone and even tries to grab at his beer too!! Sic him Essyx!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image marionravenwood:
    Like 20 times a day for the past 3 weeks I've been teaching DD to say "mama.". She finally started saying it last week and it melted my heart even though I know it has no meaning attached to it yet for her.  I never taught her "dada.". DH has been such a pain since I got pregnant that I would have lost my sh!t if she'd said 'dada' first.  He doesn't deserve it!

I am totally the opposite! I have been saying "dadada" over and over to DS. I want him to say "dada" first, because it will be a good excuse for "dada" to change an extra diaper and stuff.. hah!

• image PeanutR1:
    image schwabmomma:

image Drea926:

youre better than me. My kid watches GMA to buy me time to drink a coffee and wake up! 

My son loves Sports Center or Good Eats with Alton Brown....  

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'"
    ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Feb 2013 August Sig Challenge: Man/Lady Crush: 

Zachary Levi