Parenting

Re: FFFC

• I hate sizing inconsistencies in clothing.  Not just for adults, but for kids as well.  Even within the same brand.  It drives me batty!
  • SD has been at her mom's since Sunday. At first, I really hated her being gone. It's so weird and quiet without her. But DH and I are having an awesome time together, and now I'm kinda sad it's almost over. 
    http://whoaflow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/9.gif
    Bonus Mom to the Bean: June '06
  • image BostonKisses2:
    I hate sizing inconsistencies in clothing.  Not just for adults, but for kids as well.  Even within the same brand.  It drives me batty!

I know. My grandma always likes to buy the kids a few back to school outfits She asked me their sizes the other day. All I could tell her was that it depends on where you are shopping and what you are buying. I'll have to take her shopping.

• image eddy321:
    I threw a twoyearold temper tantrum yesterday.nbsp; The kids were so whining, clingy, and off yesterday that by the time DH was home, I had had it.nbsp; I just needed five minutes to myself.nbsp; I told him I was going to look up beet recipes, and three minutes later, he was asking me fifteen questions about dinner.nbsp; I snapped and threw a fit about never getting five minutes to myself without someone interrupting.nbsp; It wasn't my finest moment.

Ehh..it happens. You're entitled to a few minutes to yourself!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image eddy321:

image BostonKisses2:
    I hate sizing inconsistencies in clothing.  Not just for adults, but for kids as well.  Even within the same brand.  It drives me batty!

I fully agree.  I also can't stand how stores change the cut/sizing of their clothes after a few seasons.  If I love your store because the clothes fit me perfectly, don't change things on me, darn it.

Why do stores do this to us? I know the brand, cut and size of jeans that fit me perfectly. I can pick up 6 pairs and only 3 fit. WTF?

• My FFFC...

I have an interview for a PT office job today, and although its right up my alley and sounds like a great opportunity while offering some flexibility, I'm not very excited about it at all. I'm terrified of having to possibly leave DS, even though it'd only be a couple days a week.

I actually thought about calling and backing out..which is lame. I need to put my big girl panties on and just go to the damn interview!
  • DD woke up this morning congested and a bit off. No fever though. I have been congested myself for the last couple of days but otherwise feel fine. Anyway, I am working from home today and really can't keep her home with me b/c I would not get anything done and my boss just got back from a business trip and will likely call me. So I dropped her off at daycare. I am sad and feel like crap about it since she wasn't 100% herself. I am hoping to get through everything quickly so I can pick her up early. I just have to tell myself that I can't have her stay home with me everytime she is a bit off or else I would lose my job. I stayed home with her for two days a couple of weeks ago b/c of hives. Ugh.

• SpookoSpooko
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    I was extremely annoyed with DD yesterday. She was still having pooping problems despite 3 days of miralax and a suppository, and I got so freaking sick of her yelling that poopy was coming and having to sit next to her on the toilet while I was trying to get stuff done. I feel badly because I know it wasn't her fault and she was just as unhappy. I normally don't get that super shittty mom feeling for things, but it was in full force yesterday. I still feel badly for loosing my cool with her so many times.

• image eddy321:

I threw a two-year-old temper tantrum yesterday.  The kids were so whining, clingy, and off yesterday that by the time DH was home, I had had it.  I just needed five minutes to myself.  I told him I was going to look up beet recipes, and three minutes later, he was asking me fifteen questions about dinner.  I snapped and threw a fit about never getting five minutes to myself without someone interrupting.  It wasn't my finest moment.

That's me. Every day!!!

My FFFC: I am so tired of everyone telling me I need to suck it up and make sacrifices for DH's career. I don't think his career should come at the cost of DDs never seeing him or my happiness. No career is worth that. We can put food on the table and pay the mortgage just fine without him being top banana. We cannot, however, continue to be a cohesive unit if DDs are crying for daddy all the time, and I am in a constant state of mental and physical exhaustion. I lost a lot of time with my mom because of her career, and I don't want that for my kids.

This isn't the 1950s, FFS. Men aren't silent players in family life anymore.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image BostonKisses2:

I hate this, especially since my girls are a little on the zaftig side. I swear, I will never be able to put them in jeans.

• image KlondikeBar:
    image eddy321:

image BostonKisses2:

I fully agree.  I also can't stand how stores change the cut/sizing of their clothes after a few seasons.  If I love your store because the clothes fit me perfectly, don't change things on me, darn it.

Why do stores do this to us? I know the brand, cut and size of jeans that fit me perfectly. I can pick up 6 pairs and only 3 fit. WTF?

Check the "made in" tag. They're probably all from factories in different countries. When I worked retail, our most popular jean was made in three different places, and the people who bought them regularly knew which country to look for. It's crazy.  

http://whoaflow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/9.gif
    Bonus Mom to the Bean: June '06
  • image eddy321:

I threw a two-year-old temper tantrum yesterday.  The kids were so whining, clingy, and off yesterday that by the time DH was home, I had had it.  I just needed five minutes to myself.  I told him I was going to look up beet recipes, and three minutes later, he was asking me fifteen questions about dinner.  I snapped and threw a fit about never getting five minutes to myself without someone interrupting.  It wasn't my finest moment.

We've all been there. Sometimes I have 4 people coming at me when I just need 5 minutes of peace to accomplish a task. I have been known to say, "Unless you need to go to the hospital or there is a fire, don't come near mom." It's really a house rule. lol

• image acaudill75:
    image eddy321:

That's me. Every day!!!

My FFFC: I am so tired of everyone telling me I need to suck it up and make sacrifices for DH's career. I don't think his career should come at the cost of DDs never seeing him or my happiness. No career is worth that. We can put food on the table and pay the mortgage just fine without him being top banana. We cannot, however, continue to be a cohesive unit if DDs are crying for daddy all the time, and I am in a constant state of mental and physical exhaustion. I lost a lot of time with my mom because of her career, and I don't want that for my kids.

That's tough. Sorry you're dealing with this. I think men get so caught up in needing to provide for the family that they tend to forget that being part of a family means being present. MH tends to do this at times too. Its like they have one track minds!
  • image andrea99:
    image KlondikeBar:
    image eddy321:

image BostonKisses2:

Check the "made in" tag. They're probably all from factories in different countries. When I worked retail, our most popular jean was made in three different places, and the people who bought them regularly knew which country to look for. It's crazy.  

I didn't know that. Thanks! I'll have to remember to look at the jeans in my closet later. Interesting.

• image acaudill75:

image BostonKisses2:

I hate this, especially since my girls are a little on the zaftig side. I swear, I will never be able to put them in jeans.

This is one of my favorite words ever. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• I am letting my unswaddled almost 4 month old sleep with an A&A blanket. Alone. In his crib. At night. I looked at the monitor in the middle of the night and he was on his belly, head all up in the blanket and I freaked. I was on my way in to check on him when he rolled so that his head was totally free. I've convinced myself that he's capable of moving it if he needs to and he seems to need the blankie to calm himself a lot. I'm still so nervous though. I check the monitor st least 100 times.
  • DH has a super trashy cousin that asked me to be her Facebook friend. I do dramatic readings of her ridiculous and horribly misspelled statuses for DH, and we laugh and laugh. It's like his favorite part of the day. I think we might be mean people.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image KJmashup:
    image acaudill75:

image BostonKisses2:

This is one of my favorite words ever. 

Its a kinder, gentler word.

• I use a cheat app when playing Scramble with Friends.... I rank #1 on the board....

• image Manneek1977:
    I use a cheat app when playing Scramble with Friends.... I rank 1 on the board....
    :::Gasp:::
  • image Manneek1977:
    I use a cheat app when playing Scramble with Friends.... I rank 1 on the board....

That's hilarious!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • FTWRFTWR
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    image acaudill75:

That's me. Every day!!!

I feel for you. I dated a guy in college for 4 years who was like that. It was one of the reasons I got out of the relationship. I hope you guys can come to some kind of resolution because it sounds like both you and your daughters really miss him. 

applause
  • I kinda didn't hate all the shenanigans this week. If anything, the board was interesting and it was nice to see old faces.

I'm also a little sad about the bumpcations. Who's gonna recap now?
  • image Manneek1977:
    I use a cheat app when playing Scramble with Friends.... I rank #1 on the board....

I've never understood why people bother doing this. It's a game. What's the point of playing if you can't get any fun or challenge out of it? 

"To me, you are perfect."

• FTWRFTWR
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    I keep bagels and cream cheese at work for breakfast. I just finished off the last bagel and there's some cream cheese left over in the package. I may or may not be eating it with a knife...no bagel...

applause
  • I don't understand what the heck happened this week. It went from the new website & how people felt about it to major drama.

Anyone wanna do a recap on that?  ;)

"They tell me you were born premature, my child, but this is only partially true..
    for in my heart you were right on time." 
  • SpookoSpooko
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    image KJmashup:

image Manneek1977:
    I use a cheat app when playing Scramble with Friends.... I rank #1 on the board....

I've never understood why people bother doing this. It's a game. What's the point of playing if you can't get any fun or challenge out of it? 

You know what's fun? Winning. LOL. 

• image MrsT0514:
    My FFFC... I have an interview for a PT office job today, and although its right up my alley and sounds like a great opportunity while offering some flexibility, I'm not very excited about it at all. I'm terrified of having to possibly leave DS, even though it'd only be a couple days a week. I actually thought about calling and backing out..which is lame. I need to put my big girl panties on and just go to the damn interview!

This is me. Lol

I'm in the process of applying to jobs. I haven't heard anything from anyone yet but I'm actually scared if someone is interested. I've been home with DS for nearly 2 years & I am SO scared to not have that anymore. Bah the wishy washiness. 

"They tell me you were born premature, my child, but this is only partially true..
  • image Spooko:
    image KJmashup:

image Manneek1977:

Pretty much this!

ETA: I like this face better! Charlie Sheen for who can not see it....

• image Spooko:
    image KJmashup:

image Manneek1977:

Yup.