Stay at Home Moms

FFFC

Make them good!

Forever blessed through adoption! 7-17-11

Re: FFFC

• My DH has been raving about the cookies I made and is eating them by the handful.  He keeps saying that I can make the cookies any time I want.  I have not told them that they are lactation cookies.  He would never eat them if he knew.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I went to my first political rally the other day. It was amazing and I felt empowered. How cheesy is that. My FFC I judged women on both sides of this issue using their children to hold up inappropriate signs. It is not appropriate for your six year old to hold up a picture of an aborted fetus or one that reads "If I wanted a politician in my vagina I woul f%#k a senator. I judged hard!
    Mom to Emma 9/4/06 and Jackson 11/24/08 M/C Dec 11 and M/C twins feb 2012. BFP Thanksgiving! EDD Aug 4, 2013 M/C at 5 weeks.
  • image Andrewsgal:
    I went to my first political rally the other day. It was amazing and I felt empowered. How cheesy is that. My FFC I judged women on both sides of this issue using their children to hold up inappropriate signs. It is not appropriate for your six year old to hold up a picture of an aborted fetus or one that reads "If I wanted a politician in my vagina I woul fk a senator. I judged hard!

I've taken DD to rallies. Eh. I think it's good for kids. BUT those signs are not appropriate for a child to hold.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm afraid of the dark. I hate walking around my house at night, I won't even go to the kitchen for a drink of water no matter how thirsty I am.

I've always known I was a bit of a scardy cat but I remembered again last night. I heard Fiona crying in the middle of the night. I stood outside the babies' room to see if she calmed down or started crying harder. After a minute, she was quiet. I was standing sideways, facing the master bedroom which is at the end of the hall, my back to the rest of the house. I suddenly got freaked out and ran to my room and jumped into bed. My heart was beating so fast. WTF is wrond with me?!?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image Andrewsgal:
    I went to my first political rally the other day. It was amazing and I felt empowered. How cheesy is that. My FFC I judged women on both sides of this issue using their children to hold up inappropriate signs. It is not appropriate for your six year old to hold up a picture of an aborted fetus or one that reads "If I wanted a politician in my vagina I woul f%#k a senator. I judged hard!

I think getting kids involved at rallys is good. neither of those signs is okay for a child to hold at all.

i had a friend who just did a nurse in at the facebook stakeholders meeting. her daughter made a sign that said "be nice to mommies" it killed me.  

• image nowababy:
    image Andrewsgal:
    I went to my first political rally the other day. It was amazing and I felt empowered. How cheesy is that. My FFC I judged women on both sides of this issue using their children to hold up inappropriate signs. It is not appropriate for your six year old to hold up a picture of an aborted fetus or one that reads "If I wanted a politician in my vagina I woul fk a senator. I judged hard!

I've taken DD to rallies. Eh. I think it's good for kids. BUT those signs are not appropriate for a child to hold.

I think kids who are old enough to decide should be given a choice to participate or not but I don't think that rally is an appropriate place for a young child, especially with this issue. Children are people not pawns for a cause.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

• image lexusolsen:
    image nowababy:
    image Andrewsgal:

I think kids who are old enough to decide should be given a choice to participate or not but I don't think that rally is an appropriate place for a young child, especially with this issue. Children are people not pawns for a cause.

No different than taking a child to church in my book. As a parent you try to pass on your values. Now, I probably wouldn't take my kids to a rally where I thought there'd be particularly disturbing images.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • bmerrbmerr
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Second Anniversary
    Fridays are my only day of the week when I don't have to leave the house for anything, so I really cherish Fridays. Last night, DH really wanted Kraft Mac and Cheese for dinner, but we only have 1 box left and I really wanted it for lunch today. I told him that I found a dead earwig in the box and threw it out. He eats lunch in a beautiful cafeteria at his office and gets to have someone else make it for him. I don't regret anything and I can't wait for lunch time!
  • image lexusolsen:
    image nowababy:
    image Andrewsgal:

I agree I don't see anything wrong with certain political rallies for kids. However this issue is far too adult for aby child IMO. My FD is very observant and would have tons of questions if she had gone. She is far too young for this debate.
    Mom to Emma 9/4/06 and Jackson 11/24/08 M/C Dec 11 and M/C twins feb 2012. BFP Thanksgiving! EDD Aug 4, 2013 M/C at 5 weeks.
  • My other one. I sent a nasty email totally calling step mil and father il on their stuff the other day. I was totally fed up. We are going to visit them in August and now I am totally not looking forward to it. It was something I should have let DH handle but I had enough and let it fly. They did not say anything and won't.
  • My dead horse for the day -  

I give DS pouches.  Not every day, but a few times a week.  I think they're a great, convenient, snack for on the go.  I also keep some sort of "dry" snack in the car - either a box of graham crackers, or a bag of goldfish or pretzels - for when we're out and about.  So I would say DS snacks on some sort of crap almost every day.  And I don't feel bad about it at all!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image Andrewsgal:
    I went to my first political rally the other day. It was amazing and I felt empowered. How cheesy is that. My FFC I judged women on both sides of this issue using their children to hold up inappropriate signs. It is not appropriate for your six year old to hold up a picture of an aborted fetus or one that reads "If I wanted a politician in my vagina I woul f%#k a senator. I judged hard!

AG, we may be on opposite rally sides, but I agree with you on this :) I think this is completely inappropriate and I would have judged hard also.  I hate HATE when I see coverage of rallies/protests/etc on tv and people have their children there, especially when they're holding up signs like you mentioned, or "God hates gays/abortions/whatever else".  I don't get it.  Your child is too young for this, you are using them for attention and brainwashing them.  It's one thing to discuss an issue at home, but to think it's ok to bring a young child to something with over-the-top crazy, vulgar people is awful and makes me question these parent's judgement.

• Bingo! It's really no different.
    We happened upon an antiMonsanto rally a month or so ago, and tons of kids were there carrying signs. I think it's great their parents are teaching them. Same with PP who mentioned the kids at the nurse in.
    However I do think little kids carrying signs with profanities is inappropriate.
    ETA Gah, I can never quote on mobile. I am in agreement with nowababy, that taking your kids to church and pushing your religious values is no different than teaching them your stance on abortion, gay rights, etc.

big brother 5/30/10  *  cp 4/27/12  *  little sister 2/25/13

• A couple weeks ago, I took my daughter (5 months) into a packie (liquor store). I only needed one thing and I was going to get it at the grocery store but they didn't carry it. So I thought, I can get in and out quickly with limited judgement. Turns out, they were having a wine tasting so it was packed. There was a lot of judgement.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• image Minipenguin:
    A couple weeks ago, I took my daughter (5 months) into a packie (liquor store). I only needed one thing and I was going to get it at the grocery store but they didn't carry it. So I thought, I can get in and out quickly with limited judgement. Turns out, they were having a wine tasting so it was packed. There was a lot of judgement.
    I think you are projecting the judgement. My kids always go to the liquor store with me. Hell they have free suckers for kids, and my kids love the giant Captian Morgan. 
  • image Andrewsgal:
    image Minipenguin:
    A couple weeks ago, I took my daughter (5 months) into a packie (liquor store). I only needed one thing and I was going to get it at the grocery store but they didn't carry it. So I thought, I can get in and out quickly with limited judgement. Turns out, they were having a wine tasting so it was packed. There was a lot of judgement.
    I think you are projecting the judgement. My kids always go to the liquor store with me. Hell they have free suckers for kids, and my kids love the giant Captian Morgan. 

Yeah, I'm sure 99 of the people paid no mind that you brought your infant into a convenience store.

big brother 5/30/10  *  cp 4/27/12  *  little sister 2/25/13

• image bmerr:
    Fridays are my only day of the week when I don't have to leave the house for anything, so I really cherish Fridays. Last night, DH really wanted Kraft Mac and Cheese for dinner, but we only have 1 box left and I really wanted it for lunch today. I told him that I found a dead earwig in the box and threw it out. He eats lunch in a beautiful cafeteria at his office and gets to have someone else make it for him. I don't regret anything and I can't wait for lunch time!

This is coincidental, but there actually IS a dead earwig somewhere in my pantry today.  I saw it this morning when I was getting the kids cereal, and I killed it with a paper towel, but dropped it.  I cleared out 2 shelves looking for it and can't find it.  And then the kids started acting up so I gave up and said oh well.  Gross though.

Another one from me...I've never attached my furniture to the walls.  I know it's dangerous not to, it's one of those things I really think I SHOULD do, I just don't.  We rent and we move a lot, and I know this are lame excuses.  I'm thankful my kids haven't gotten hurt yet and really hope they never do.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image aliebno:

image Andrewsgal:

AG, we may be on opposite rally sides, but I agree with you on this :) I think this is completely inappropriate and I would have judged hard also.  I hate HATE when I see coverage of rallies/protests/etc on tv and people have their children there, especially when they're holding up signs like you mentioned, or "God hates gays/abortions/whatever else".  I don't get it.  Your child is too young for this, you are using them for attention and brainwashing them.  It's one thing to discuss an issue at home, but to think it's ok to bring a young child to something with over-the-top crazy, vulgar people is awful and makes me question these parent's judgement.

ITA. There is no way a child can possibly understand all the complicated issues that go into abortion. Is a fetus a human? Is it the government's place to decide that? Do the fetus's rights supercede the mother's?  These issues are not something a child can understand.

• image Andrewsgal:
    image Minipenguin:

This. I always joke w/ the cashiers that I wish the store was more kid-friendly since parents are the ones buying them most alcohol. 

E 9.08, V 8.11, #3 coming April 2014
  • image Minipenguin:

I can't imagine judging someone bringing their kids into the liquor store.  I mean, I would side eye you if you were participating in the wine tasting, but I always run in the liquor store with DS; what am I supposed to do, leave him in the car?

I also always find that liquor store employees are super helpful in carrying things out for me :) 

• image Andrewsgal:
    image Minipenguin:

I hope so, but a lot of them were staring at me. But it's not like the alcohol was for her. Maybe they were just "tasting" too much wine.

• Not a real confession, but my kids stayed up until almost 11:30 - at a baseball game and fireworks. They ate delicious, fresh deep fried donuts at the game (and goldfish) and later HFCS & dye-laden popsicles that our friends brought (they brought us Mojitos). 

The best part is that they slept until 9:30, which is a big deal in our house.  

• image nowababy:
    image lexusolsen:
    image nowababy:
    image Andrewsgal:
    No different than taking a child to church in my book. As a parent you try to pass on your values. Now, I probably wouldn't take my kids to a rally where I thought there'd be particularly disturbing images.

It is different. My church, and most churches I've ever been to have children's church or something similar after the beginning of service and during the message. We will absolutely pass our values onto our children but at age appropriate stages.  Abortion is an adult issue and 6 year olds shouldn't be involved especially holding signs like that. I'd judge too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • CnAmomCnAmom
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    image Minipenguin:

image Andrewsgal:
    image Minipenguin:

I hope so, but a lot of them were staring at me. But it's not like the alcohol was for her. Maybe they were just "tasting" too much wine.

People who judge kids in a liquor store need to get a life and worry about something else.. it's not like you walked in there and announced that you were buying alcohol for your kids. You're fine and they're the ones with problems.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers, Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • ella has been rocking a diaper this week cause im sick of fighting to get her clothes on
    Ella the Mermaid 06/13/12 * King Triton 09/15/14
    apesig

• image Andrewsgal:
    image Minipenguin:

Maybe in Texas, but in MA (where I assume mini is from since she called it a packie) it's not done. I wouldn't have judged but I know plenty who would. 

Ella the Mermaid 06/13/12 * King Triton 09/15/14
    apesig

• image Mermaids&Magic:

image Andrewsgal:
    image Minipenguin:

Maybe in Texas, but in MA (where I assume mini is from since she called it a packie) it's not done. I wouldn't have judged but I know plenty who would. 

Why would you judge an infant in a liquor store?
  • KateMWKateMW
    25000 Comments 250 Answers Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its

image Andrewsgal:
    image lexusolsen:
    image nowababy:
    image Andrewsgal:
    I agree I don't see anything wrong with certain political rallies for kids. However this issue is far too adult for aby child IMO. My FD is very observant and would have tons of questions if she had gone. She is far too young for this debate.

DD knows about the pro-choice vs. anti-choice debate in very simple terms. I have no issue with her going to a rally, though I would not have her hold a sign like either of those or any sign probably.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image Mermaids&Magic:

image Andrewsgal:
    image Minipenguin:

It's just not done? That sounds crazy to me. So people in MA only buy their alcohol under the cover of night while a sitter is home w/ their kids?

• Lol we went to our friends' bar last night and it is kind of Philly fishtown townie bar with higher end food. man the record stopped with the patrons when we walked in with kids. Except we know everyone who works there, so it is kind of lol to us. Plus my H was in work clothes and me in interview clothes, so we were pretty yuppie looking.

Spoiler alert. M got drunk and threw up for the first time on the car ride home. That's true except for the drunk part!