March 2014 Moms

Friday Symptom CheckIn

Lets get this ball rolling bright and early so our overnight girls get a chance to participate if they're still awake!

What symptoms are you feeling today?

Anything in particular helping your symptoms/not helping symptoms?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Friday Symptom CheckIn

• Mine is RLP while I'm peeing and of course I've already hurled in my sink while brushing my teeth.

I have nothing that helps I suffer and whine to Dh until I get better. I switched to a milder toothpaste, but alas I'm still getting sick :::sick face:::

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was dizzy all last week. But this week I have felt really good. Hopefully it will stay this way.
  • I'm just so nauseous. It gets worse every day. I'm two weeks further along without throwing up versus last pregnancy. So on one hand its a really good thing. I know puking would be the absolute worse thing for me but I can't help wishing it to make the nausea stop!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just sore boobs. As soon as I get home I change into my sports bra. But I had to stop running on the treadmill because they bounce and it hurts! Does this stop?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MK1550MK1550
    100 Comments 100 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I really haven't had much in terms of symptoms yet. I'm 5 weeks today so far just sore boobs, but even they haven't been that bad yet. I had a missed mc in November didn't really have any symptoms then, so I'm hoping some show up soon to reassure me!
  • Heartburn/indigestion, nothing sounds good and I'm starving, tired tired tired...but I'm taking unisom along with b6 to hopefully head of ms when it starts. Last time my ms started right around here I think. Only sickness I've had is awfuldiarrhea.   Boobs are kind of sore, but not too bad, nipples are bigger...nothing to exciting over here-which I'm happy with :) 
    Started TTC January 2012
    BFP #1 1/26/13; EDD 10/5/13; MMC and D&C 2/26/13. 
    BFP #2 7/8/13; EDD 3/19/14; DD born 3/4/14 due to pre-e

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What symptoms are you feeling today? I woke up at 3:30 completely nauseous and with a light headache. I also have a strong food aversion to dairy, which is normally what I live on, and terrible gas. Also, sore nipples, but these are getting better, along with twinges and stretching feelings.

But, my PgAL brain is getting the better of me. I have has terrible bloating, and yesterday it suddenly all went away. Like, I lost 1.5 pounds from the day before. I did finally go to the bathroom for the first time in what seems like days, but still.

I lost my bloat around the same time with my loss. It was actually my only mc symptom because I had no bleeding and all my other symptoms kept up, so my PgAL brain is in overdrive. I keep telling myself symptoms come and go, especially bloat, and especially after going to the bathroom. Is it weird I'm really hoping to be bloated again today?

Anything in particular helping your symptoms/not helping symptoms? Eating protein high meals helps with the headaches and the nausea. I felt super sick at work, but a glass of lemon water and two tbsp of peanut butter made me feel better.
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    BFP on Mar. 4, 2013, DX with MMC (blighted ovum) at 8 weeks, D&C
    TTC again as of May 2013
    BFP on June 24, 2013, EED March 12, 2014
    Diagnosed with endometriosis, PCOS, heterozygous MTHFR and positive for ANA

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • Holy sore nipples over here! Along with nausea, exhaustion, gas and peeing a lot, being weepy just joined the party yesterday. DH thinks its so funny that silly things make me cry but its not funny when I get really angry at how long the drive home from work is lol
    BabyName Ticker}
  • I'm so nauseous, dizzy, fatigue and weak. I wish that I had more energy, but I'm glad that I'm nauseous. I am gagging and throwing up a lot.
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• I just housed two pastries from Panera in like 10 minutes ..... The cheese danish and the cherry one... I shared a little with DD and now I am nauseated. IDK if its from eating so fast or the baby? I'm going with both.

I'm SO tired too! DD fell asleep early at 9pm and was up by 6:30, but she was up a TON last night and needed to be held kinda tightly in my arms to be able to relax and sleep. Teething is crazy ladies. I'm beat  

• BethStBethSt
    Second Anniversary 25 Love Its 10 Comments Name Dropper

I have had gas, bloat and sore nipples (boobs are fine now, just the nipples that hurt). So far no m/s! I do get weepy, but I'm always weepy, so I don't know how on par I am with my normal emotions.

What is RLP and PgAL?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Gagging and dry heaving all over the place. I cannot even think about eating beef. Boobs are still sore but not as bad as they have been. Oh and constipation. Lovely.

ETA. sausage fingers make for typos.

• I totally forgot gas! I'm such a tooter lately and feel so bad about it/and burping sometimes too. How can gallons of water make me so gassy?! Haha 

• iEricaiErica
    250 Answers 500 Comments Combo Breaker
    I'm queasy as heck this morning. I'm gagging.  Dude, it's really hard to brush your teeth properly when you're gagging the entire time.  And my boobs hurt.

• I really don't have any symptoms yet except for I notice the size and color changes in my boobs and I've been a really forgetful minnie.  I've decided to enjoy this time b/c I'm sure as the weeks progress the symptoms will slowly come into play.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm still not able to keep much food down, my bras feel like torture devices, I've developed a supersmeller already, and I'm starting to get insomnia. Growing a person is hard work. I'm headed to DFW with my MIL for a 1920's themed 'murder mystery' dinner tonight, so fx that the dinner part goes well! Should be fun and take my mind off the nausea!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image iErica:
    I'm queasy as heck this morning. I'm gagging. nbsp;Dude, it's really hard to brush your teeth properly when you're gagging the entire time. nbsp;And my boobs hurt.

I know it! People have talked about switching toothpastes, which supposedly helps.

Anyone have toothpaste suggestions that are better?
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    TTC again as of May 2013

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • BonadlBonadl
    100 Comments 25 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Still early here -- not even four weeks.  Light cramping...some brown tinged CM.  SO SO SO THIRSTY!!!  Anyone else have this?  I don't remember it with DD.  I can't get enough water!  And, because of that I'm spending lots of time in the bathroom.  Getting a little more fatigued the last couple of days. With DD my nausea/queasiness started at 6 weeks so I'm going to enjoy the next two weeks while I can...and hope that it doesn't come earlier this time around! :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • image Bonadl:
    Still early here -- not even four weeks.  Light cramping...some brown tinged CM.  SO SO SO THIRSTY!!!  Anyone else have this?  I don't remember it with DD.  I can't get enough water!  And, because of that I'm spending lots of time in the bathroom.  Getting a little more fatigued the last couple of days. With DD my nausea/queasiness started at 6 weeks so I'm going to enjoy the next two weeks while I can...and hope that it doesn't come earlier this time around! :)
    Yes to the thirst...I had dry mouth for a week or so in my last pregnancy and so I would drink so much. I think your body just knows what you need and makes you want it :) and I'm with you on enjoying the time before ms kicks in...that's me too...I feel bad, but I'm pigging out now because I know it'll be here before too long and i'll be living on saltines and ginger ale. 
    Started TTC January 2012

• image Bonadl:
    Still early here not even four weeks.nbsp; Light cramping...some brown tinged CM.nbsp; SO SO SO THIRSTY!!!nbsp; Anyone else have this?nbsp; I don't remember it with DD.nbsp; I can't get enough water!nbsp; And, because of that I'm spending lots of time in the bathroom.nbsp; Getting a little more fatigued the last couple of days.nbsp;With DD my nausea/queasiness started at 6 weeks so I'm going to enjoy the next two weeks while I can...and hope that it doesn't come earlier this time around! :

Same here! I can't get enough water now, whereas before pregnancy, you couldn't get me to drink any. I'm always tired, it's hard to fall back to sleep after using the bathroom. Sometimes I get nauseous at night but I have had luck curbing that with chobani. Gas, sore boobs, dizziness occasionally, clumsiness, light cramping helped by stretching/activity all that fun stuff. I had a miscarriage in January and had hardly any symptoms before mc, so I'm kind of relieved to be experiencing everything. I'll be 6 weeks on Monday :
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image CHalePhoto:
    I'm still not able to keep much food down, my bras feel like torture devices, I've developed a supersmeller already, and I'm starting to get insomnia. Growing a person is hard work. I'm headed to DFW with my MIL for a 1920's themed 'murder mystery' dinner tonight, so fx that the dinner part goes well! Should be fun and take my mind off the nausea!
    I had insomnia last time too. I had insomnia a few nights before I found out I was KU (I should've known that was a sign)...I've been taking unisom before bed each night and it really helps and is supposed to help with m/s...my dr. recommends it for m/s
    Started TTC January 2012

• iEricaiErica
    250 Answers 500 Comments Combo Breaker

image Lauren659:
    image iErica:
    I'm queasy as heck this morning. I'm gagging. nbsp;Dude, it's really hard to brush your teeth properly when you're gagging the entire time. nbsp;And my boobs hurt.
    I know it! People have talked about switching toothpastes, which supposedly helps. Anyone have toothpaste suggestions that are better?

Really? I'd try that. I swear I half brushed my teeth today because I simply couldn't do it. I use Crest right now. 

• image BethSt:

I have had gas, bloat and sore nipples (boobs are fine now, just the nipples that hurt). So far no m/s! I do get weepy, but I'm always weepy, so I don't know how on par I am with my normal emotions.

What is RLP and PgAL?

RLP = Round Ligament Pain & PGaL = Pregnant after a loss
    Started TTC January 2012

• image BethSt:
    I have had gas, bloat and sore nipples boobs are fine now, just the nipples that hurt. So far no m/s! I do get weepy, but I'm always weepy, so I don't know how on par I am with my normal emotions.What is RLP and PgAL?nbsp;

RLP is round ligament pain. PgAL is pregnant after a loss. Other common ones on here are FTM [first time mom] and STM [second time mom].

Also, if you google bump acronyms, you will find blogs and posts that list all the acronyms for other ones. I also think someone sweet is working on a blog for here, so hopefully they will all be on that.
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    TTC again as of May 2013

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • ju0725ju0725
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper First Answer
    Nothing. No symptoms. 
  • image LaurenAsh23:
    image CHalePhoto:
    I'm still not able to keep much food down, my bras feel like torture devices, I've developed a supersmeller already, and I'm starting to get insomnia. Growing a person is hard work. I'm headed to DFW with my MIL for a 1920's themed 'murder mystery' dinner tonight, so fx that the dinner part goes well! Should be fun and take my mind off the nausea!
    I had insomnia last time too. I had insomnia a few nights before I found out I was KU (I should've known that was a sign)...I've been taking unisom before bed each night and it really helps and is supposed to help with m/s...my dr. recommends it for m/s

I've read that a few people are taking Unisom. If this doesn't get better by this weekend I may have to try it, even though I hate taking anything! I'm prone to insomnia anyway, so I should probably just give in and buy some. :
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • hjw101hjw101
    100 Comments 100 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Right now I can smell everything! It is driving me nuts. My dog can fart in the next room and I can smell it and it drives me crazy. I have been burning my scented candles and that kinda helps. However then all i smell is apple scented farts :(

imageimage

• Insomnia! I am exhausted but cannot sleep. Usually sleeping is my all time favorite thing but my brain will not turn off. 

Also the gas. Between burping for a full hour after eating and farting in the morning, I am surprised I can stay as bloated as I am. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have super sore nipples and my nausea has not let up one bit. I also itch which is pretty weird because that didn't start until my 3rd trimester with my first pregnancy.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh yes, I forgot the gas. God we're all sexy :)