March 2014 Moms

Official intro thread! all are welcome

Hi ladies! Since we have so many intro posts (and they can get lost easily) let's just introduce ourselves right here 

:-) happy and healthy 9 to you all!!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Official intro thread! all are welcome

• Hi Ladies

I am going to be a STM and I am so excited! It took 12 months to conceive DD and two this time. I found out I O later in the month than I thought.

I have two cats that DD loves. She loves swim lessons and Gymboree classes. I live in Cleveland, OH and I'm a SAHM. I love Jesus, but I never force my faith on anyone. I love everyone and try to never judge anyone.

I love a good GIF thread and I suck at spelling and grammar. 

I am super emotional and cry multiple times a day (even when I am not pregnant). I also am a recovering addict. 

Let's PARRRTY!! 

• Hi! 

I'm also a STM, DS took us 14 months to conceive, This one has taken us 17 months as we started trying as soon as I got the green light for sex after having DS.

I am a working mom- I do 50 hours minimum a week. I'm a retail manager and 100% love my job even though 4am is rough and some of my customers are suuupppper stupid. I live with the Hub-cakes, DS and my Brother who is my basement nerd/geek/techie. 

MH and I have had serious marriage problems- my H left me during my first pregnancy. We did a lot of counseling and now are 1000% better for it, and I don't think we'd put in the effort if it was not for DS. 

I also have spelling and grammar issues- I like spell check. I bump from a phone, almost excursively. 

I cloth Diaper and have the 2.5 weeks stash, my biggest regret is quitting BF'ing when DS was 5 months old- but it was impacting my work performance- thus why I regret it. I'm also a avid team greener!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm Zee, and this is my first. I was pregnant before and miscarried. This one is doing much better and we got to see a heartbeat. I am actually due at the end of Feb but they said its likely my LO will come in March. I am strictly on mobile so bear with me sometimes. I'm a photographer and my husband is a web developer. I live in St. Louis, MO. I have two cats and a dog. I am currently 7w4d along.

creativesoul83ewill2586
  • STM here. My DD is 18 months. I got a faint BFP this morning, but a line is a line so here I am. 

I'm a SAHM. Prior to that I was a copywriter.

My DH and I have been married for almost 3 years, and together for 10. He's an attorney.

We live in New Jersey. We have never referred to it as Joisey. We've also never tanned. We're traitors to our state. 

I'm flucking terrified of having a toddler and an infant, but I know I'll get through it with lots and lots of wine.

Oh, sweet, sweet wine. I'll miss you... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    cmargolius
  • Do you think we could get a MOD from another board to make this sticky? 

As the maintainer of the Due Date List, it would make my life hella easier if everyone posted in one place lol 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image bunnyfungo:

Do you think we could get a MOD from another board to make this sticky? 

As the maintainer of the Due Date List, it would make my life hella easier if everyone posted in one place lol 

Good idea 

• Mamathefox I was just out your way. My in laws live in Lakewood!

• image Berry30:
    Mamathefox I was just out your way. My in laws live in Lakewood!

Really?! I'm close to there, I have a few friends who live there. I won't ever live there BC I don't like street parking LOL  

• Hi! My name is Ashley. DH and I have 2 girls, ages 5 and 3. We are originally from the Rocky Mtn region, but we've moved a bunch in our marriage and are currently near the East coast.

Husband is an nerdy engineer. I'm a nurse, currently in a peds cardiac ICU. Crazy what some of those sweet babies go through, and I count my blessings that my kidlets are healthy.

I'm looking forward to chatting in the coming months. 

• image SmittyPants:
    We live in New Jersey. We have never referred to it as Joisey. We've also never tanned. We're traitors to our state

We also live in NJ, have never said joisey, tanned, or had big hair. Ok, so maybe I had biggish hair in the early '90s, but who didn't make questionable decisions in high school?

My edd is March 7. This is my third pregnancy but the first two ended in early losses. I'm a web designer and social media manager and writer and editor. I know, that's a lot of 'ands.' DH and I have been married almost 6 years, and we have a black kitty.
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
    Candace33
  • Hi there! We got our BFP 2 weeks ago, and the little pea's due date is March 11th. This will be our 3rd child and our 2nd VBAC! We were totally Team Find Out until just a few days ago, when I started to think that a surprise may be really fun (this will be our last child)! We shall see if I can actually do it when the 20 week mark comes and we get the ultrasound! :)

My symptoms have been drastically different. I went into the hospital with severe back pain and abdominal pressure at 3 weeks and 3 days pregnant, and wahlah, there is was! Luckily, all of those YUCKY symptoms subsided, and we are left with our normal ones (MS, acne, emotional, etc).

• Hi all! I'm DaisyCat, and I'm a FTM. I am a preschool teacher, and I'm trying my darnedest  to get a job with the school board in a Kindergarten program. H and I have been together for 11  years this month; we got married last August.

EDD is March 12, 2014. I'm kind of hoping to hold out for March 17th. I lost my dad in December and he was born in Ireland...a St Paddy's Day baby would be so special. Of course I'll be happy with any birth date though! We are team green, and have had tentative names picked since we started TTC 8 months ago. 

• I'm husky.  I have a 14.5 month old son who I am still nursing. I like pizza and, when I'm not pregnant, wine.  Preferably together.  Due date is March 10.

• Hi! I'm Lauren [actually, it's my middle name, but I like the Internet anonymity]. This is my second time pregnant, but hopefully first take home baby. I had a missed miscarriage in March at 8 weeks, and had hung out on TTCAL until I got my BFP. The PgAL brain is terrible, but I am hoping it is easier after my first ultrasound on Tuesday.

I will be a working mom. I have a demanding career that I enjoy way too much to ever give up. DH travels constantly for work for long periods, so I'm often on my own.

I live in the South and love all things preppy and southern. I love ethnic food and college football. I am a bookworm and Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory and Downton Abbey addict.

I also have a very strong faith, and would love to have a bible study group for those interested.
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    BFP on Mar. 4, 2013, DX with MMC (blighted ovum) at 8 weeks, D&C
    TTC again as of May 2013
    BFP on June 24, 2013, EED March 12, 2014
    Diagnosed with endometriosis, PCOS, heterozygous MTHFR and positive for ANA

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
    klehti
  • image Lauren659:
    I am a bookworm and Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory and Downton Abbey addict.

So, I'm illogically excited about your love for bbt and downton.. My brothers ex/my co worker/my ex friend tried to get him into it, and he rejected it.. Now he's buying all the seasons and were watching it together when he doesn't work and James is in bed.. And he just got a new season in yesterday so I'm like, suuuper excited

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hi! My name is Hollis, my husband's name is Ben. We are 4 weeks along with our first! I am still in school to become a teacher and he is a hardworking loving husband! Amazingly it only took us one cycle to get pregnant! I'm really excited and wishing everyone good luck and congrats!
  • So happy to be here! 4 weeks along with our first baby. EDD March 18. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
  • image Lauren659:
    I am a bookworm and Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory and Downton Abbey addict.

I love all this so much.

I'm sad because I just finished season 2 of Game of Thrones and don't have HBO. I wanna know what happens!
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • iEricaiErica
    250 Answers 500 Comments Combo Breaker

I'm Erica.  I'm 33, almost 34.  Due with number 1.  I was pregnant last year, had a 10 week loss which sucked pretty bad.  Took a break, started trying again. Here I am!

I'm married to Chris.  He's a PCP (family doctor/physician) and I'm a dietician. We both work at the same hospital, but not anywhere near each other.

Running is my passion, along with the outdoors in general. I love the summer, love the heat! Traveling is another passion, we love to do it.  I'm not a girly girl. I've worn a dress 5 times in my adult life. Love to read, swear, cook (I suck at baking, though) and wash trashy reality shows :) 

• Hi! I'm Mary. I'm 25 and a FTM, EDD is 3/19/13. I'm a nurse, currently in home health as a case manager and love it! My DH is in his second year of physical therapy school. We've been married 4 years, together for 10. We were expecting it to take a little longer TTC so this was a little bit of a surprise, but we are very excited. I've always wanted a big family! We are team green, hoping I can hold out! I have two doxiepoo fur children, a huge garden and six chickens :
  • Mcat here - i'm a vet, 34 (turning 35 in november - yay AMA! Sigh), married to the love of my life for 7 years, together for 10 years. We have a 23 month old DD who manages to charm the pants off of any one she meets. Like a typical vet, i have two dogs, two cats and not enough time in the day. 

Read a ton about child/maternal health issues, which has now become my passion since becoming a mom. Don't have much in the way of hobbies because i'm not sure where the hours in the day go. EDD with #2 is March 12th.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • Hi Ladies! I'm Megan. DH and I were married almost two years ago and have been TTC ever since.  After many trips to the doctor and treatment for high prolactin levels, we were over the moon when we got out BFP this month and our excited for our EDD of March 4th.

I am a special education teacher in a small town in Wisconsin. This was my first year, so I am enjoying my first summer off.  

I am excited to spend the next 8 months getting to know all of you!  

imageimageimage

• image iErica:

Love to read, swear, cook (I suck at baking, though) and wash trashy reality shows :) 

We're going to get along just fine.  

Zombielove126
  • First pregnancy here, EDD March 12th.  We are excited to embark on this journey!
    IAmPregnant Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi All! I just got my bfp tonight at 10 dpo without fmu after chugging water so looking forward to my darker bfp tomorrow morning! lol This will be our first. DH & I are 33 & live in the south. Out of the 7 states we've collectively lived in, none of them were above the mason dixon line, I guess we really like sweet tea! lol. 

This was our 5th cycle (6 month) trying. I *think* my due date is somewhere around March 24th. The biggest indicators that this was my month were cramping last night (a whole 7 days before af) that stopped completely today, extreme exhaustion & heartburn that came from out of NOWHERE. Figured it was too early to test but jumped for joy when I saw that faint line! 

Me: 34 DH: 33

TTC since Jan '13

BFP#1 - EDD 3/24/14 - d&c 7w5d

BFP#2 - EDD 6/14/14 - cp 4w2d

BFP#3 - EDD 10/28/14 - It's a BOY!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hello!

I'm a STM. DS will be turning 2 this Sunday! I asked him what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday and he said "pancake". I also had a loss last year. I hope this baby sticks. CD1 of this cycle was actually my angel's EDD. We were team green with DS but will find out the sex this time.

EDD March 10 but DS was 11 days early so this one could possibly come in February, who knows.

I live in Toronto. We also have a fat cat.

MH and I are both engineers by training. I currently work at a hospital and he works for the government.

I just heard from my doctor today that the beta draws I had last week were looking great! 

image image
    D: Born 7.14.11
    Baby #2: BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    O: Born 3.2.14 (med-free!)
  • Hi All! 

This is my first post on The Bump! I just got a BFP last night. This was my 2nd cycle since stopping the pill so I was shocked when I saw the positive result! I am excited & anxious at the same time. As you all will probably learn with future posts, I get awful anxiety with doctors. I have a great recommendation for an OB so now I'm trying to relax about everything :) 

Congrats to everyone & I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!  

Eibhlin1
  • iEricaiErica
    250 Answers 500 Comments Combo Breaker
    image SmittyPants:
    image iErica:

Love to read, swear, cook (I suck at baking, though) and wash trashy reality shows :) 

... I hate when I'm quoted and read back on what I write, and see typing errors. 

Do you like to swear WHILE watching trashy reality TV? <~ this is me.  

• Hi all!  I live in Texas, will be 31 this year, just celebrated our six year anniversary, have two precious little girls, 4 and 2.  We are due march 7th with number 3, our final.  We were team green with our girls but I'm letting husband decide this time what we do.  He would like a boy so we will see what he decides to do at 20 weeks.

i was a social worker in my former life, now a SAHM and help with bookkeeping aspect of our farm!  Love the outdoors and the sunshine.  Downton Abbey, Big Bang Theory and a good book!  Probably won't be on here daily but am looking forward to getting to know everyone. 

• image iErica:
    image SmittyPants:
    image iErica:

... I hate when I'm quoted and read back on what I write, and see typing errors. 

Do you like to swear WHILE watching trashy reality TV? <~ this is me.  

Is there any other way to watch?!