Baby Showers

baby girl baby shower

Anyone have some cute ideas or pics of an adorable girl baby shower. I want this to be special for the baby but also the mommy to be. :)
Colty Bug's Mommy

Re: baby girl baby shower

• What does the mom-to-be like? Unless you're having the shower after the baby arrives (i.e., a "meet the baby" type party), then the mother-to-be is the focus of the shower, and it might be nice to consider her tastes and preferences when planning the event.
    Lilypie - (BKXw)

• The mommy to be does not speak English very well. So it's hard to really know what she likes so it's more of a surprise shower if that makes sense. Plus baby gets gifts and stuff so I consider it's a celebration for mommy and baby. So any suggestions???cute gift ideas? decorations?
    Colty Bug's Mommy
  • I don't know if this will help, but she is also very new to the family too!!!! Thanks so much.

Colty Bug's Mommy
  • You might try looking around Pintrest to see if anything jumps out at you. You haven't given us much to go on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Faith 21:
    The mommy to be does not speak English very well. So it's hard to really know what she likes so it's more of a surprise shower if that makes sense. Plus baby gets gifts and stuff so I consider it's a celebration for mommy and baby. So any suggestions???cute gift ideas? decorations?

So you don't communicate well with her because of a language barrier? Why are you throwing her a shower?  

imageimage
    imageimageimage
    AngelSmitty: This reminds me of something my college Human Sexuality professor used to say in class.  "Sex is between the legs.  Gender is between the ears."
  • She is my brother's wife?!?  I would get my brother to ask her but he does not know certain words in Spanish and it can be very hard. plus like I said it's a surprise All I want is ideas of cute themes with ideas. Nothing else. 
    Colty Bug's Mommy
  • Can you find out what the nursery theme or colors are? That could give you ideas. Does she have a registry? It would also give you clues about her taste.

Generic themes could be "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" or "Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice." Pinterest would also come in handy.

It sounds like you're getting angry at PPs for being confused about your situation, though it's hard to read tone of voice in print. Your OP was a bit cryptic, but it makes more sense with your second post. Try not to get too upset with people asking clarifying questions. :]
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I recently threw a pat the bunny themed shower for a friend. Look it up on pintrest. Soooooo cute.

I also love Peter rabbit showers but that's not really girly.

Things I've seen:
    Ladybugs
    Owls
    Dr Seuss
    Crabs
    Ducks
    Love the sugar and spice idea pp had!
    Good night moon
    How about a play off the guess how much I love you book?

Keep googling. Have fun planning!
  • How is she decorating the nursery?  That's where I get my shower inspiration from.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love the idea about the owls and ladybugs too cute. I'll check it out on pintrest. thanks for some of these ideas. Ill have to see what my brother says about their theme. They are really laid back people and just go with the flow. Kind of hard though when you want to know things to give the mommy a shower she will love and think is perfect for her baby girl. :)
    Colty Bug's Mommy
  • image Faith 21:
    She is my brother's wife?!?  I would get my brother to ask her but he does not know certain words in Spanish and it can be very hard. plus like I said it's a surprise All I want is ideas of cute themes with ideas. Nothing else. 

Your brother is married to someone he can't easily communicate with?   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • I would definitely make sure it's not going to offend her to have a shower before baby is born. In some Spanish speaking cultures it's a big taboo.

Ask your brother if he can ask someone in her family.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Thank you!!! I will def. do that. :)
    Colty Bug's Mommy
  • I would just do a generic baby girl shower... Pink and purple, rattles and booties, bottles and diapers etc for the theme. Little finger sandwiches and punch and cake. I'm sure she will like it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards