October 2013 Moms

STMs plus... Age gaps?

Hey mamas, just wondering what the age gaps between your kids are? If you already have more than one, what gap do you think has been the best for for you?

Thanks ahead of time ladies!
imageimage

Re: STMs plus... Age gaps?

• DD1 will be about 3.5 years old when DD2 gets here. Everyone keeps telling me that it's a great age gap so we'll see.

imageLilypie - (jv05)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • My daughter is going to turn 12 a month after this baby boy is born.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • DD1 and DD 2 are 2 years, 2 months apart. This time, DD2 and DS will be 3 years 2 months apart (DD1 will be 5 years, 4 months older then him). I am really thinking this will be an easier transition as my older two are so close and are both so independent. 
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS will be about 25 1/2 months when this baby comes.
  • My daughter is 8 yrs old.
  • The DDs will be 3 years apart exactly. Well, maybe give or take a few days. DD1 was born Oct 27 and DD2 is due Oct 29. We sort of suck at planning. 
    image image Quartermisses  

• My girls are 12, 10, and 3 and then we will have this little guy. We thought we were done after our second DD but changed our minds. We are definitely done after this one.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• DD1 will be 2 years and 2 months old when DD2 arrives. We shall see. I am sure the teenage years will be fun, but I am hoping they will grow up to be very close.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers

• My girls are going to be about 21 months apart. This is actually the same gap between me and my younger sister. It was so nice to have someone close in age when we were growing up. I'm hoping this age gap is a good one!

bfp: 09.22.10 m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d

Chemical Pregnancy - April 2011

bfp: 10.02.12 m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD will be 18.5 months old when DS is born.  (Is it wrong that I secretly want to go 2 weeks overdue with DS, so that DD will be 19 months old by the time he is born?  19 months just seems so much older than 18 months!!)
  • RedZeeRedZee
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its Name Dropper

DD1 will be 2 years and 9 months when DD2 is born. I do worry about how they will get along since I think sisters that are within 3 years of each other don't usually get along very well.

Sooner, when you are a week overdue and have an 18 month old I will ask you if you want to stay pregnant for one more week. ;)

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • image RedZee:

Sooner, when you are a week overdue and have an 18 month old I will ask you if you want to stay pregnant for one more week. ;)

Ha!  I know, I know.  Just wondering how it will all be possible...but it is going to be great (right? I hope...)

• My first will be 6 and my second will be 3 when this baby is born, so 3 years give or take a few months between babies. I think it's a decent gap, they both started school when baby was around a year old, so once I got them sent off I got pretty much the whole week with just one child bonding time. Plus I like having them potty trained before bringing in more diapers. For me I wanted them close together because I had the first young and wanted to get my baby years done and over with so I could start working towards my own stuff once they were all off to school and still get to be with them while they're little. Sometimes I think it's tough though because my brother and I were 6 years apart, so my mom had one to a more independent stage before having to deal with another instead of having 2 or 3 kids that need a lot of your time all at once. 
    Mommy to 2 handsome boys, expecting a princess!
  • MrsWPTMrsWPT
    100 Comments 25 Love Its First Anniversary
    Almost exactly two years: My DD turns 2 on October 15, and DS is due on October 24.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD1 will be exactly 2 and a half when DD2 is born. I really like this age gap. But then again, DD2 isn't here yet. But DD1 is at a great age, becoming more independent by the day, and really understand the idea of a baby joining our family.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - (g6UI)
    imageimageimage
  • Just over 4 years. 4 years ago I would have said that's too much but I am actually really happy it worked out that way. I think about 3 to 4 years is perfect, for us anyway. I don't know how moms with 2u2 do it.
    DD ~ 8/30/09 DS ~ 10/13/13
  • My boys will be almost 3 years apart. I've heard great and terrible things about the gap. I think it really depends on your older child's personality and abilities at the beginning.
  • DS will be 3.5 when baby gets here. I think it will be a perfect age gap. He's independent enough to do some things on his own....but they will still be close enough to be friends.
    Due October 29
  • DS and DD#1 are 21 months apart. I LOVE this age gap. DS was a big help when she was born and they are best buds :) 

DD#1 and DD#2 are 15 months apart. DD#1 is a really easy going and mellow kid and always has been so the transtition wasn't too hard and I love having my girls so close in age. 

DS and DD#2 are just over 3 years apart and they play together but I'm happy to have the kiddo in between.

DD#2 and this baby will be between 19 and 20 months apart. We were aiming for closer to 21 months again. 

DD#1 and this baby will be just under 3 years apart, probably right around 35 months.

DS and this baby will be 4 years and 8 months apart. I grew up with a 4 year age gap between my older brother and I and it took a while for us to get along but I don't know if that had so much to do with age as how my parents treated us. DS is super excited to finally be getting a brother so I'm hoping they will be good friends even with almost 5 years between them. 

imageimage

• image JenMatt2010:
    DS will be about 25 1/2 months when this baby comes.

Come on now.. 25 months.. Can't yousay just over 2??

My babes will be 11 months apart give or take a week
  • I love all the different age gaps, I'm an only child but I grew up with my cousin and we are 2 and a half years apart, which is actually a great gap for us. It's silly to be planning when we'd like to have our next baby while I'm still pregnant with number one, but I wanted to see what other gaps were out there.
    imageimage

• image megframe16:
    image JenMatt2010:
    Come on now.. 25 months.. Can't yousay just over 2?? My babes will be 11 months apart give or take a week

haha! I was thinking the same thing. Its a pet peeve of mine when people go by months over 18 months. 

Due October 29
  • 4Reels4Reels
    10 Comments 5 Love Its
    DD will be about 26 months old when DS will be born!
  • image Pickle123:

image megframe16:
    image JenMatt2010:

Come on now.. 25 months.. Can't yousay just over 2??

My babes will be 11 months apart give or take a week

haha! I was thinking the same thing. Its a pet peeve of mine when people go by months over 18 months. 

This is my UO this week.. Thank you for providing an example.
    imageimage

• DS will be 16 months (oooh I made the cut off!!) when LO arrives
  • image Pickle123:

image megframe16:
    image JenMatt2010:
    Come on now.. 25 months.. Can't yousay just over 2?? My babes will be 11 months apart give or take a week

But if your cut off is 18 months, for a 19 month old, do you just say they are 1?  I feel like there is still such a wild swing in development/expectations between a 12 month old and a 23 month old.  I am fine with using months until 23.  Then, they are 2.

• There was 20 months between my first two and now this baby will be almost exactly 7 years younger than her sister. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • These two will be 3.5 years apart. 
    September Siggy Challenge- SNL 

Angel babies: 4/2001, 9/2008, 10/2012

pregnancy calendar
  • DD1 and DD2 are 19 months apart.  DD2 and DD3 will be 27 months apart.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • DS1 would have just turned 2 when 2 gets here. I'm hoping he is young enough so we don't have much issues with jealous! Relly nervous about him feeling neglected!!! :