Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Swing to crib?

Okay my LO is 3 1/2 months old. We have a great night time schedule he goes down around 8pm and wakes between 67 am. He is usually up for 1.5 hours and goes back down for a nap. I've been trying to get him on a schedule so I am not out running errands or make plans to leave around his naps. This brings me to the biggest issue, he wants to be moving for naps. At night he goes down in his crib no problem. During the day he uses the swing or falls asleep in the car. I have 2 questions...
1. Do you have any suggestions for getting him to sleep in his crib as opposed to the swing for naps?

2. How old was your baby when you had an established nap schedule?

Thanks!!

Re: Swing to crib?

• Options

I've been reading through all the posts on troublesometots.com  so try there--she is pro swing napping (but obviously they have to transition at one point).

One thing I saw is to reduce the speed every few days until they can nap in the swing with no swinging...then worry about crib.

Our little princess (said tongue-in-cheek because she is turning out to be quite particular) is RnP at night and naps in swings.  She is pretty big for 3.5m so we are way overdue to make the switch as well!! Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for the input.  He goes to sleep at night in his crib without a problem it's just during the day and he also is big for his age and I'm worried he won't fit in the swing for much longer.  I will check out that other site.

Thanks

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Shel79Shel79 member
    imagePeachi831:
    Okay my LO is 3 1/2 months old. We have a great night time schedule he goes down around 8pm and wakes between 67 am. He is usually up for 1.5 hours and goes back down for a nap. I've been trying to get him on a schedule so I am not out running errands or make plans to leave around his naps. This brings me to the biggest issue, he wants to be moving for naps. At night he goes down in his crib no problem. During the day he uses the swing or falls asleep in the car. I have 2 questions...
    1. Do you have any suggestions for getting him to sleep in his crib as opposed to the swing for naps?

2. How old was your baby when you had an established nap schedule?

Thanks!!

No wisdom, but thanks for asking the questions. My twins are exactly the same crib at night and swings during the day, and also 3.5 months old. They definitely don't sleep through the night like yours does, though! Anyhow, I'll be watching the responses you get here!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I worried a lot about this, but recently my baby has just sort of transitioned on her own. She just decided she likes to sleep in her crib, probably because of the extra space. She is 5 1/2 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"