August 2013 Moms

UO

Ill get it started this morning from mobile.

Im sick of all the baby name posts. There is a board for that. Flame away now.

Re: UO

• I get annoyed when I hear people talk in definites about having children:

Examples: 

"I would never give my baby formula." 

"I would never let my kid cry it out." 

"I would never get an epidural."

"I would never let me kid act like that in a store."

etc. 

I just want to scream at them - You have no idea what will or won't work for you or your kid yet - even if you are a BTDT mommy - every birth and every baby is different. You have no idea if something is or is not going to go your way with breastfeeding, labor, colic, anything. I think speak in definites rather than "I plan to..." or "I hope to..." are poops.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Aug13 June Siggy Challenge - Walt and Hal

• I like tapioca pudding. I like rice pudding. And I like them both with raisins.

Apparently, I am 80 years old.

• image BellaOso:
    I get annoyed when I hear people talk in definites about having children: Examples:nbsp;"I would never give my baby formula."nbsp;"I would never let my kid cry it out."nbsp;"I would never get an epidural." "I would never let me kid act like that in a store." etc.nbsp;I just want to scream at them You have no idea what will or won't work for you or your kid yet even if you are a BTDT mommy every birth and every baby is different. You have no idea if something is or is not going to go your way with breastfeeding, labor, colic, anything. I think speak in definites rather than "I plan to..." or "I hope to..." are poops.

Agreed.
  • image CosmicLove:
    I like tapioca pudding. I like rice pudding. And I like them both with raisins.Apparently, I am 80 years old.

Mmmmmmmmmm yummy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker .facebook_-966822808 IMG00064-20101108-0836 20120901_120106 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate mobile bumping... But its the only enteranment I have at the moment. That's all I can think of right now. It's way too early for me to be up.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I know this probably isn't really a UO but I'm getting sick I the cervix/dilation posts. We are all at the point that this could/should be happening. It doesn't mean your baby's going to fall out or come imminently, it just means your body is getting ready. I'm also not looking forward to all the 'fun' mucus plug posts.
    **Go Go Gadget Dad**
    June Siggy Challenge

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't like kids or babies... I don't know what to do with them.  I know I'll love mine but I'm not interested in oohing and ahhing at your baby or entertaining your child.
  • I hate mosquitoes. Hate hate hate HATE mosquitoes.

I also hate it when I'm about to pull into a parking spot and someone comes and steals it by pulling through from the other side, almost hitting me, and then gives ME the dirty look! Uh, what you just did was technically illegal, GTFO!

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hate bumping from the west coast. Except Tuesday and Thursday mornings when I work at 5 a.m. I feel like i Can actually be apart of things. The rest of the time I'm struggling to contribute within a reasonable time to when a thread is posted. Basically I always feel late to the party, boo time difference! But I still contribute even if it is the last one on a thread. 
  • image JBear02:

I hate mosquitoes. Hate hate hate HATE mosquitoes.

I also hate it when I'm about to pull into a parking spot and someone comes and steals it by pulling through from the other side, almost hitting me, and then gives ME the dirty look! Uh, what you just did was technically illegal, GTFO!

pretty sure that's not a UO... who actually likes mosquitos? lol

they haven't been too bad here this year though (now I'm going to get attacked next time I go outside for sure) 

• image manditxg:
    I don't like kids or babies... I don't know what to do with them.  I know I'll love mine but I'm not interested in oohing and ahhing at your baby or entertaining your child.

My PT job is as a server. They tell us to engage the children at the table, including the babies. I absolutely hate it. Like you, I don't like other people's kids or babies. I love my own, but I have no interest in looking at other people's kids.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• image lkobriant:
    I know this probably isn't really a UO but I'm getting sick I the cervix/dilation posts. We are all at the point that this could/should be happening. It doesn't mean your baby's going to fall out or come imminently, it just means your body is getting ready. I'm also not looking forward to all the 'fun' mucus plug posts.

But... But... I'm half a cm dilated.  Doesn't that mean my baby is going to pop out sometime this week?!?!

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• image Cosmic+Love:

I like tapioca pudding. I like rice pudding. And I like them both with raisins.

Let me help you get your dentures m'dear Wink

My baby is ONE!!

• I hate when posts/texts contain the word "Gah!"...wtf is gah?!?!?!

image image image 

• My UO: I absolutely hated the bump changes yesterday. I spent about an hour completely confused and frustrated. It was way too hard to navigate between boards. I definitely prefer this format.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• image V&G101808:
    image Cosmic+Love:

photo: I hate you.

;)

• I'm probably only going to read like 5 of the birth stories that come up on here. Sorry, but it just isn't that interesting to me. And I'll probably share that my baby was born, how, and how big he is... but you're not going to get a 3 paragraph essay from me on the experience unless there was some kind of freak experience. I just don't think that's interesting or fun. And really, no one cares. 
    Married James 7/7/12
    then came Joel Henry 9/3/13
  • image amandarins:
    I hate when posts/texts contain the word "Gah!"...wtf is gah?!?!?!

A sound of frustration Big Smile  Similar to "Urgh". 

You never liked the way I said it
    If you don't get it, then forget it
    So I don't have to fucking explain it

• image Cosmic+Love:
    image V&G101808:
    image Cosmic+Love:

photo: I hate you.

;)

My baby is ONE!!

• I really liked the new bump and want it back asap!
    the usual mischief

• image Theusualmischief:
    I really liked the new bump and want it back asap!

I like most of it.  Like the threads would jump to the first new post.  Mine doesn't do that now. 

You never liked the way I said it
    If you don't get it, then forget it
    So I don't have to fucking explain it

• image manditxg:
    I don't like kids or babies... I don't know what to do with them. nbsp;I know I'll love mine but I'm not interested in oohing and ahhing at your baby or entertaining your child.

This is me too!
  • image V&G101808:
    image Cosmic+Love:
    image V&G101808:
    image Cosmic+Love:

;)

• I hate seeing baby wearing posts. But I feel like I have to reply!!
  • image mommabmb:
    I'm probably only going to read like 5 of the birth stories that come up on here. Sorry, but it just isn't that interesting to me. And I'll probably share that my baby was born, how, and how big he is... but you're not going to get a 3 paragraph essay from me on the experience unless there was some kind of freak experience. I just don't think that's interesting or fun. And really, no one cares. 

I haven't read any of them yet because I haven't recognized the names and if I don't recognize the names then there is a good chance you probably didn't contribute.  

imageimageimageimage

• image Sanguar:

image amandarins:
    I hate when posts/texts contain the word "Gah!"...wtf is gah?!?!?!

A sound of frustration Big Smile  Similar to "Urgh". 

lol, yea I assumed such but have never actually heard someone say that IRL. It's like a made up written only word that actually reads like the noise an annoying bird makes.  

image image image 

• I know that there is a problem with obesity in the world, but why is it necessary to have a "girls plus" section and "boys husky" section?? Why can't there just be a girls/boys? Do we really need to be labeling our kids at a young age, hurting their self image? Let them be kids, help them be healthy and get healthy but don't label them. To me, all that does is affect them negatively the rest of their lives and make them obsess over their size.

Eta: I know those sections aren't in every store.
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • I hate the Jeep service center near us and the idiots who work there and don't communicate with each other or take good notes when appointments are made! 
  • image mommabmb:
    I'm probably only going to read like 5 of the birth stories that come up on here. Sorry, but it just isn't that interesting to me. And I'll probably share that my baby was born, how, and how big he is... but you're not going to get a 3 paragraph essay from me on the experience unless there was some kind of freak experience. I just don't think that's interesting or fun. And really, no one cares. 

I think I must be a creeper, because I really enjoy reading most birth stories. That said, I promise not to post one on here. Maybe just some AW pics of the little one. :)

• I have two for today:

1. I really REALLY dislike the newborn phase.

2. I do not find Channing Tatum attractive and his movie Magic Mike creeped me out so much I had to turn it off. 

June Siggy Challenge - TV Dads SOA

Dominic 3/1/11   

Bree 1/31/12   

Mila 8/7/13

View Full Size Imagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif