August 2012 Moms

UO

Just because there's a Bumpocalypse going on doesn't mean we checked our opinions at the door. Get going!
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: UO

• I don't like when people put mothballs in their gardens to scare rabbits and squirrels away. They smell so bad and why would anyone want their flowers to smell like their grandma's attic?

• I hate thunderstorms.

• The only Wes Anderson movie I like is The Fantastic Mr. fox.

Speaking of the name Wes, here's an FFTC: I almost slept with my Philosophy professor [named Wes] my freshman year. He had me meet him at a coffee shop to "discuss Descartes" but he really wanted to discuss his bedroom. This other girl in my class DID sleep with him after I turned him down. I still regret it.

• Fantastic Mr fox is genius. I don't know his other movies.

I can't think of a uo right now. Sorry bb.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh here's one. I think whole milk, real butter, full fat heavy whipping cream and half and half and the like are GOOD for you. They are real food the way food was meant to be.

Skim milk is barfy. Fake butter is a crime. :]

• image KLilley:
    Oh here's one. I think whole milk, real butter, full fat heavy whipping cream and half and half and the like are GOOD for you. They are real food the way food was meant to be. Skim milk is barfy. Fake butter is a crime. :]

Do the crime do the time. :) 

• I like being up early, I feel like I get more done in the morning so I can have a more restful afternoon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • image Baker_Bride:
    I don't like when people put mothballs in their gardens to scare rabbits and squirrels away. They smell so bad and why would anyone want their flowers to smell like their grandma's attic?
    That must be why my dog has mothball breath sometimes, from other peoples gardens, gross!
  • image KLilley:
    Oh here's one. I think whole milk, real butter, full fat heavy whipping cream and half and half and the like are GOOD for you. They are real food the way food was meant to be. Skim milk is barfy. Fake butter is a crime. :]
    So true, better to trust a cow over a chemist to make food. Although I grew up on skim so it is what I am use to, I am now drinking 1% if I am not going through a not tolerating milk phase (strange how that happens several times a year). I have had raw milk before when I was little because of a cousin with a dairy farm but that was a rare treat.
  • image SpruceGrouse:
    I like being up early, I feel like I get more done in the morning so I can have a more restful afternoon.
    I completely agree. I've been up since 5 and the kids are all still asleep are just past 7. The mornings I sleep in suck. If I have to change a diaper before I've had my coffee I am despairing of life lol.

• I turn 30 later this month and that doesn't bother me at all.

• image KLilley:
    Oh here's one. I think whole milk, real butter, full fat heavy whipping cream and half and half and the like are GOOD for you. They are real food the way food was meant to be.

Agreed. Although milk in general grosses me out aside from using it in tea or cooking. You'd have to pay me good money to drink a glass of it. Blech.

• image Baker_Bride:
    I don't like when people put mothballs in their gardens to scare rabbits and squirrels away. They smell so bad and why would anyone want their flowers to smell like their grandma's attic?

People really do this???  Eww.

imageimage

• I like taking my drivers license photo.

• image KLilley:
    I like taking my drivers license photo.

Ooooh, good one!

• image KLilley:
    I turn 30 later this month and that doesn't bother me at all.

Good! It shouldn't :) 

WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • "Sexy" versions of things that are already costumes are silly. Hermione is a witch, you don't have to dress as "sexy Hermione". Same with superheroes, animals, and jobs with uniforms. I get that people want to look hot, but those costumes just make me laugh. "Sexy police officer" is just such a weird idea to me. I dressed up as pregly Britney Spears in college and had my boyfriend dress as K Fed. It was hilarious. I like funny or crazy detailed costumes way better.

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Baker_Bride:
    I hate thunderstorms.

Me too! It only really started after that tree fell on our house but ever since I just see the dark clouds forming and I want to crawl into a cave and pretend the outside world doesn't exist.

• image AggieDaner:
    "Sexy" versions of things that are already costumes are silly. Hermione is a witch, you don't have to dress as "sexy Hermione". Same with superheroes, animals, and jobs with uniforms. I get that people want to look hot, but those costumes just make me laugh. "Sexy police officer" is just such a weird idea to me. I dressed up as pregly Britney Spears in college and had my boyfriend dress as K Fed. It was hilarious. I like funny or crazy detailed costumes way better.

I don't like how they're double the price as a regular costume with half the material.

• image Saltylove:
    image KLilley:
    Agreed. Although milk in general grosses me out aside from using it in tea or cooking. You'd have to pay me good money to drink a glass of it. Blech.
    milk grosses me a bit too but I am too addicted, I love the stuff, it is the reason I couldn't be vegan for very long. It is what fattened me up most during pregnancy.
  • image BPaws:
    image SpruceGrouse:
    I like being up early, I feel like I get more done in the morning so I can have a more restful afternoon.
    Me too! 430 is my new favourite time to get up! I love that I can get a good run in, do laundry, dishes and vacuum before 800!
    4:30 is perfect if I am going hunting, I want to get to my spot before light but for a regular day I think that would do me in.
  • image AggieDaner:
    "Sexy" versions of things that are already costumes are silly. Hermione is a witch, you don't have to dress as "sexy Hermione". Same with superheroes, animals, and jobs with uniforms. I get that people want to look hot, but those costumes just make me laugh. "Sexy police officer" is just such a weird idea to me. I dressed up as pregly Britney Spears in college and had my boyfriend dress as K Fed. It was hilarious. I like funny or crazy detailed costumes way better.

Yes Yes Yes Yes

I like dressing up as a pun or something too, like taping a bunch of smarties to your pants.

• The smell of milk makes me gag.

I was sick of eating out/fast food, so this week I started cooking at home. I had forgotten that the reason I started eating out more often was because I actually got to eat my own food. If I eat in the car A can't try and take my food or pitch a fit if I don't offer to him.

I am actually ready for my baby's first birthday. It will be a bit bittersweet, but I love everything that he keeps learning and am excited to see what is next. 

imageimage
  • image KLilley:
    I like taking my drivers license photo.

I kind of like it too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image SpruceGrouse:

me too.  I feel like it is stolen time, and I am so much more productive in the morning.  If I sleep in past 7 I actually feel a little off all day.  5:30 is ideal.

image image
  • image KLilley:

i have only used real, full fat food since I got pregnant and guess what?  I haven't gained an ounce.  ( well, obviously I gained during pregnancy, but it's gone)

so all those years of eating nasty fat free dairy and fake butter was for naught.    Real food all the way! 

image image
  • image Baker_Bride:
    The only Wes Anderson movie I like is The Fantastic Mr. fox.

I agree for the most part. I watched Moonrise Kingdom a few weeks ago and actually enjoyed it.

Rushmore is the worst. I never understood the appreciation for that movie.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image KLilley:
    Oh here's one. I think whole milk, real butter, full fat heavy whipping cream and half and half and the like are GOOD for you. They are real food the way food was meant to be.

Amen, klil! Amen!
  • I finally have one!!!!!

I hate lawn games.  I hate them all.  Bags/cornhole, ladder ball, Kan Jam, washers, Kuub, anything with a Frisbee, you name it, I refuse to play it.  I just hate them.

• Becc77Becc77
    500 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper

image Baker_Bride:
    The only Wes Anderson movie I like is The Fantastic Mr. fox. Speaking of the name Wes, here's an FFTC: I almost slept with my Philosophy professor [named Wes] my freshman year. He had me meet him at a coffee shop to "discuss Descartes" but he really wanted to discuss his bedroom. This other girl in my class DID sleep with him after I turned him down. I still regret it.

How can you not love Bottle Rocket? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards