Parenting

UOs Anyone? (Edited for dumb typo)

13»

Re: UOs Anyone? (Edited for dumb typo)

• imageoverture:
    UO: see new siggy

Exactly.  Except for me it's:

• imageshanado:
    UO: my almost 2 year old still uses a paci at all times and I don't think it's a big deal right now.

Mine too. Although she is over 2. However, we just implemented paci lives in crib (and the car) mostly because we were down to one or two and I refused to buy more, but I didn't want to deal with no paci at all.

Yesterday she was a beast with out it--today she was much better about it.

However, I did realize that she squirreled them all over the house because, she kept on finding them and popping them back into her mouth :) 

My daughter is my hero.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHilarityEnsued:

imageLittleFish1:
    A kids museum charges 11 bucks per person starting at 6 months. Same cost for kids as well as adults. Sorry, but my LO does not do enough for me to pay 11 bucks for each of us, especially since I am not about to let her belly crawl all around and teeth on stuff that had been in some unknown number of other kids mouths! That means it would be 22 bucks for us, and she is only minimally over their arbitrary age target.

Oh, but if they didnt charge for me, then I would be ok with paying for her entry.

Can you do an annual membership?  Our Children's Museum is similar so we just got the annual membership and I intend to get my money's worth.  Also, that way, I don't feel guilty about the fact that we last about an hour in those types of places.

We got an annual membership to the aquarium here.  The aquarium is incredible.  Each adult ticket is $35.  The annual membership is $65 (each).  I think kids are free until they are 3.  We have gone to the aquarium easily 25 times since we got the membership.  DS lasts about an hour before sh!t starts hitting the fan.  I don't feel bad about leaving because it's not like I just dropped $35 for that single visit.

They do, but is thw equivalent of 3 visits. This museum is about 65 or 70 miles from my house, would probably take about 1.5 to 2 hours to get there depending on traffic (there are places a lot closer) so it would probably be a once, maybe twice a year at most that we would visit.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageRunaway22:

I think some of the classic children's books are a little bit creepy. Like The Runaway Bunny. "If you become a sail boat, I will become the wind and blow you where I want you to go." WTF? And why is this little bunny trying so desperately to get away from the momma bunny?

I'm probably reading too much into it, but it still rubs me the wrong way.

I realize I showed up like pages late to the party, but ITA. That mother bunny is a stalker. And I'm 12 so I laugh a little inside every time I read the line you quoted.

Apparently this is my mom's favorite kid's book. She was so excited to buy it for DS and I rained all over her parade. He loves it, though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"