Parenting

UOs Anyone? (Edited for dumb typo)

I'll start.

If I have to pay you $400/hr to settle my mom's estate, and you keep me waiting 30 minutes while you kibbitz on the phone, you owe me $200.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UOs Anyone? (Edited for dumb typo)

• Barring an emergency, that's ridiculous that they did that to you.

I'm not sure if I can come up with a UO today. 

O&D October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Halloween Candy

2 Bostons, 1 Preemie, & 65 Roses

• image morgann2010:
    I think it should be acceptable to take all your half eaten bags of potato chips to a bbq and call it potato chip medley.  They're just going stale at my house anyway.

I am so going to try this the next time I got to my brother's!! I'll tell him I saw it on Pinterest.

You know, for street cred.

• image morgann2010:
    I think it should be acceptable to take all your half eaten bags of potato chips to a bbq and call it potato chip medley.  They're just going stale at my house anyway.

I love this. Where's that GD love button?! 

Louis Tomlinson Smiley
    Bonus Mom to the Bean: June '06
  • image Onederful Mother:

image morgann2010:

This is funny, and I support it. 

Yes I agree!

• Speaking of half eaten bags, I just found a half eaten bag of mini kit kats in my desk drawer.

SCORE!

• image Mom2Oli:

oh it's an UO thread, I totally thought it was an OU thread like somebody owes me something ... not enough coffee.

I got nothing yet.

Oh wait, I see no problem with bribing my kid to behave. Different things work at different times, bribes, threats, ignore, distraction, they are all a-ok in my book.

I just rename bribery "incentive" the pay-off is "reward".  This is totally what child psychologists do.  It's completely legit  Not only is it okay, it's stellar parenting the experts teach :) 

• image MollusksWrangler:
    My OU, I really enjoy going to the movies alone.

I do too. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• FTWRFTWR
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    image morgann2010:
    image acaudill75:

image morgann2010:

I am so going to try this the next time I got to my brother's!! I'll tell him I saw it on Pinterest.

You know, for street cred.

Just put it in a fancy shmancy bowl. I told my mom I was doing it last Sunday, but I ended up making key lime pie instead. I mean, 3 flavors of potato chips are better than one anyway, right?

It's like your own personalized party mix. It's completely legit. 

applause
  • I think some of the classic children's books are a little bit creepy. Like The Runaway Bunny. "If you become a sail boat, I will become the wind and blow you where I want you to go." WTF? And why is this little bunny trying so desperately to get away from the momma bunny?

I'm probably reading too much into it, but it still rubs me the wrong way.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image KJmashup:

image MollusksWrangler:

I do too. 

At this point, I enjoy doing anything alone. I would be happy with the bathroom.

• image MollusksWrangler:
    image Mom2Oli:

image MollusksWrangler:

I do too when my husband worked retail and no kid was in the picture, I used to go to chick flicks alone all the time.

Plus no sharing of popcorn!

I've never been a huge fan of popcorn.  I'll eat it at the theater if DH or SD has it, but I'd rather just eat an entire bag of candy.  

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• image Runaway22:

I think some of the classic children's books are a little bit creepy. Like The Runaway Bunny. "If you become a sail boat, I will become the wind and blow you where I want you to go." WTF? And why is this little bunny trying so desperately to get away from the momma bunny?

Never read the book, but maybe it is touching upon the baby bunny's need to grow into the big bunny its becoming, and the mama bunny saying no matter what you become, I will support you and help you get where you need to go.

Or maybe she fed up with his running away and saying I will buy your dumbass a ticket and lets be done with it.

• image acaudill75:
    image KJmashup:

image MollusksWrangler:

I do too. 

At this point, I enjoy doing anything alone. I would be happy with the bathroom.

Yes, excellent point. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• There should be a separate time slot at the local swimming pool - for men with hairy backs. Indifferent

• image acaudill75:
    image Runaway22:

I think some of the classic children's books are a little bit creepy. Like The Runaway Bunny. "If you become a sail boat, I will become the wind and blow you where I want you to go." WTF? And why is this little bunny trying so desperately to get away from the momma bunny?

Never read the book, but maybe it is touching upon the baby bunny's need to grow into the big bunny its becoming, and the mama bunny saying no matter what you become, I will support you and help you get where you need to go.

Or maybe she fed up with his running away and saying I will buy your dumbass a ticket and lets be done with it.

LOL

I definitely got more of a "You will never escape me" vibe. I found it creepy. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image acaudill75:
    image KJmashup:

image MollusksWrangler:

I do too. 

Sometimes I will tell DH I have to go to the bathroom (even though I don't) just to have a few moments to myself.

ETA: I usually do this when DD is getting whiny.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image Runaway22:
    I think some of the classic children's books are a little bit creepy. Like The Runaway Bunny. "If you become a sail boat, I will become the wind and blow you where I want you to go." WTF? And why is this little bunny trying so desperately to get away from the momma bunny?I'm probably reading too much into it, but it still rubs me the wrong way.

Or Good Dog Carl where the mom leaves her dog in charge of the baby and he proceeds to throw her down the laundry chute, let her swim in a fish tank, and blow dry her after a bath. Good parenting, lady!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • image Little Jerry:
    image Runaway22:
    I think some of the classic children's books are a little bit creepy. Like The Runaway Bunny. "If you become a sail boat, I will become the wind and blow you where I want you to go." WTF? And why is this little bunny trying so desperately to get away from the momma bunny?I'm probably reading too much into it, but it still rubs me the wrong way.
    Or Good Dog Carl where the mom leaves her dog in charge of the baby and he proceeds to throw her down the laundry chute, let her swim in a fish tank, and blow dry her after a bath. Good parenting, lady!

I forget what it's called, but there's also the one where the little girl doesn't take care of herself or her house and it rises up in mutiny against her. WHY DOES SHE LIVE ALONE?! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Mom2Oli:
    image Manneek1977:

There should be a separate time slot at the local swimming pool - for men with hairy backs. Indifferent

and women with jiggly thighs.

Confused 

I wouldn't say I was glad but kind of secretly relieved that DD doesn't love the pool so we are going to wait to go back until she is a bit older. I felt very self conscious about my post-pregnancy body at our local pool. There are a lot of hot babes that live here and I am definitely not one of them. So if there was a time for just women with jiggly thighs (and some jiggly other parts) to go to the pool I would be happy with that.

• SpookoSpooko
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    image Manneek1977:

There should be a separate time slot at the local swimming pool - for men with hairy backs. Indifferent

What are you going to do when everyone's finally on to you? You're like the boy who cried wolf of UOs. How will we know when to believe you?! lol 

• UO: my almost 2 year old still uses a paci at all times and I don't think it's a big deal right now.
  • Mint and chocolate do not go together. Not at all. You are wasting good mint and good chocolate by putting them together.

• image Manneek1977:
    Mint and chocolate do not go together. Not at all. You are wasting good mint and good chocolate by putting them together.

You are categorically wrong on this.

• image Manneek1977:
    Mint and chocolate do not go together. Not at all. You are wasting good mint and good chocolate by putting them together.

OK, this is the most ridiculous UO you've ever come up with.  And that's saying a lot.

• SpookoSpooko

Along the lines of the OP:

It's ridiculous to say that I need to bring DD into the doctor for something that A) The bump was able to tell me and that B) Could have been said over the phone. When the doctor doesn't even touch my DD when I get there, I shouldn't have to pay $100something and waste 2 hours of my day. Especially when that advice hasn't even benefited me yet. 

• image Spooko:

It's ridiculous to say that I need to bring DD into the doctor for something that A) The bump was able to tell me and that B) Could have been said over the phone. When the doctor doesn't even touch my DD when I get there, I shouldn't have to pay $100something and waste 2 hours of my day. Especially when that advice hasn't even benefited me yet. 

Or when they hand you off to the nurse practitioner, or something. They are still billing you, or your insurance, doctor rates. I didn't see a doctor, don't bill me like I did.

• SpookoSpooko
    image acaudill75:
    image Spooko:

Or when they hand you off to the nurse practitioner, or something. They are still billing you, or your insurance, doctor rates. I didn't see a doctor, don't bill me like I did.

I wouldn't even care if they did SOMETHING. But to tell me to have DD take miralax (which hasn't even helped, btw) and then send me on the way is ridiculous. Especially when I specifically asked the nurse if there was anything I could try to give her before coming in and she was just weighed last month, so they were close enough for dosing info to tell me: just about a half-cap. I didn't need a scrip and the doctor literally didn't touch her.  

• image acaudill75:
    image Spooko:

The nurse practitioner is just as qualified. We prefer her over DD's pedi.
  • image morgann2010:
    I think it should be acceptable to take all your half eaten bags of potato chips to a bbq and call it potato chip medley. nbsp;They're just going stale at my house anyway.

I always wished I could do this too.
  • image acaudill75:

image Manneek1977:

You are categorically wrong on this.

Its like eating chocolate after brushing your teeth. EWW! Now I can tolorate the mint ice cream. But that is it.... You can not convince me otherwise.... nope not going to happen.... Ick!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards