Babies: 9 - 12 Months

how do you know of LO is ok with yogurt?

our ped said when she gets to be 11 months we can try to give her cow's milk. DD is on soy formula right now. the ped said try giving her a little bit of yogurt and see if she takes that ok. i gave her some yogurt and it didn't seem to give her stomach problems at all, but i notice that her poop is always dark whenever she has yogurt. is it because that's just what digested yogurt looks like or is her tummy not taking it as well as i think it is?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: how do you know of LO is ok with yogurt?

• My LO's poop changes color depending on what he eats, so I'd say that's normal.  It would also change depending on what else you feed LO that day. 

If your LO isn't cranky with gas, and doesn't have a rash or swelling (typical allergic reactions), then I'd expect she is fine.

If you have a daily pooper you are a little more easily to determine what foods cause what color. My LO only poops every 3-5 days, but has never had a problem with anything he eats. 

If you're still worried, call your pedi.  

• Is the yogurt flavored? or does it have fruit in it?

If she's not showing any signs of discomfort and there isn't blood in her stool, I wouldn't worry about it.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Loading the player...
  • imageSurpriseAt39:

My LO's poop changes color depending on what he eats, so I'd say that's normal.  It would also change depending on what else you feed LO that day. 

If your LO isn't cranky with gas, and doesn't have a rash or swelling (typical allergic reactions), then I'd expect she is fine.

This. Look for signs that her tummy is not well. Poop color changing is normal as long as she doesn't get diarrhea or anything like that.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards