Nurseries and Baby Gear

Jeep carrier

So I got a jeep carrier and see that it is considered a "crotch dangler". Any thoughts on converting it so it has wide base support? Maybe just wrapping baby so his/her legs are supported better? Thoughts?  
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Jeep carrier

• Can you return it and get a better carrier like an Ergo or Beco?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • DItto PP, return it if you can.  Otherwise, I don't know that there's a way to really convert it.  The issue is that not only is it a "crotch dangler" but there's also going to be support issues for you.  The shoulder, back, and hip support on cheaper carriers is just not as good as with the Ergo, Beco, or Action Baby carriers.  Your baby is going to get heavy and uncomfortable for you quick in that thing.
    Married 8/9/08
    Miss Audrey Anne born 5/14/11
    Little Sister Sadie Bernadette born 6/17/14

BFP 3/17/13 *** MMC 5/10/13
  • Today is the last day to get Ergo carriers on Zulily for ~$70 if you want an Ergo that's a good deal. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

10500307_704519529613729_3315541686531378540_n
  • I can't return it, because I got it out of town from once upon a child. I have a moby that I will be using so its not that big of a deal, but I'm sure DH is going to want a carrier. I'll have to search for an ergo, just can't afford it right now. Thanks ladies!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have the Jeep carrier and use it almost daily for the past seven months. I've never had any issues with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards