December 2013 Moms

EDD and actual birthdates

Hello! I'm new here and pregnant with our first kid! My EDD is 12/31/13, and my DH and I are hoping baby comes before 2014, but with that due date, who knows! (To be completely honest, we could use the tax credit). Current moms: were you early, on time, or late with your first baby? Just curious...thanks!

Re: EDD and actual birthdates

• So late. I was induced at 41w1d. I didn't have even one real contraction until then. I guess he was comfortable. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have the same EDD! Yay NYE. At first I wanted a December baby for no good reason, I just prefer December over January. But friends brought up a really good point. If your child is born dec then it will be the youngest in the class, born in January the oldest. Being the youngest can put the child behind and be hard on them. So that made me change my mind.

I don't think there's any predictability to it though! Some people are early with their first, late with their second or vice versa!
  • I am so curious about this too! I am soooo hoping he comes on his due date...a week before my husband is gone and a week after is Christmas. Hope our babies are super punctual! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image sarah0632:
    I have the same EDD! Yay NYE. At first I wanted a December baby for no good reason, I just prefer December over January. But friends brought up a really good point. If your child is born dec then it will be the youngest in the class, born in January the oldest. Being the youngest can put the child behind and be hard on them. So that made me change my mind. I don't think there's any predictability to it though! Some people are early with their first, late with their second or vice versa!

Never thought of that! My DH and I are both mid-Dec babies and we were both some of the oldest in our class. Cut off dates must have changed since the 80s!

• Really hoping our little one comes before 12/31 as well...I want a full glass of champagne! I think your best bet might be asking your mother...was she early/late etc.
  • image sarah0632:
    If your child is born dec then it will be the youngest in the class, born in January the oldest.

Where we live the cutoff is September so summer babys are either oldest or youngest depending on when their parents chose to send them to school.
  • image CDalloway:
    Really hoping our little one comes before 12/31 as well...I want a full glass of champagne! I think your best bet might be asking your mother...was she early/late etc.

I'm the eldest in my family and I was born on my due date. I'm sure that's why I hate being late to anything.

• EDD with DS was April 29, I was induced on may 2, had him on the third
  • Welcome! To answer your question, my DD was born at 41w1d. So pretty late. But a couple of my SILs had their first babies around 37 weeks. So you never know what might happen! Baby will come when he/she is good and ready. :)
    imageimage

• DS came 3.5 weeks early.  Babies have their own schedules for when they want to arrive.  I am wondering if this LO will follow big brother's example or will cook a little longer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image sarah0632:
    I have the same EDD! Yay NYE. At first I wanted a December baby for no good reason, I just prefer December over January. But friends brought up a really good point. If your child is born dec then it will be the youngest in the class, born in January the oldest. Being the youngest can put the child behind and be hard on them. So that made me change my mind. I don't think there's any predictability to it though! Some people are early with their first, late with their second or vice versa!

School systems have all different cutoff dates: Sept 1st, Dec 1st and Dec 31st are the most common I've seen. Regardless we will be holding ours back so he will be one of the oldest and not the youngest. Even if he is ready academically he may not be there physically or emotionally so we are pretty set with our decision so far unless something crazy happens. 

Our rainbow has arrived!

Baby Boy ColeRose born 12.6.13 

*Everyone Always Welcome*

• Agree...it depends on the cut off date in the district. Usually a child born in December or January is towards the older end of the class. (At least that's what I've seen in my 5 years of teaching.)
  • In our school system you have to be 5 before the first day of school [aug 26]... I'm not too worried about my child being the youngest or oldest... I'll cross that bridge when it comes!
  • Where I went to school you had to be 5 before dec 31. One of my friends was born dec 31 and they almost didn't let him come into my grade.

I don't know about my current area.

This is in Canada just for reference

• I believe the average gestation for a first time mom who is not induced is 41 weeks 1 day. That being said I had my first at 38 weeks and my second at 39 weeks, so it just depends. Having a baby before 38 weeks puts the baby at risk for many health problems, so I would be more concerned about carrying your baby to full term then hoping it comes early for a tax credit. A healthy baby born on January 1st is better than having a premature baby in the NICU born too early. Sorry to be harsh.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• image thetheisens:
    I believe the average gestation for a first time mom who is not induced is 41 weeks 1 day. That being said I had my first at 38 weeks and my second at 39 weeks, so it just depends. Having a baby before 38 weeks puts the baby at risk for many health problems, so I would be more concerned about carrying your baby to full term then hoping it comes early for a tax credit. A healthy baby born on January 1st is better than having a premature baby in the NICU born too early. Sorry to be harsh.

::thumbs up:: 

Our rainbow has arrived!

Baby Boy ColeRose born 12.6.13 

*Everyone Always Welcome*

• image thetheisens:
    I believe the average gestation for a first time mom who is not induced is 41 weeks 1 day. That being said I had my first at 38 weeks and my second at 39 weeks, so it just depends. Having a baby before 38 weeks puts the baby at risk for many health problems, so I would be more concerned about carrying your baby to full term then hoping it comes early for a tax credit. A healthy baby born on January 1st is better than having a premature baby in the NICU born too early. Sorry to be harsh.

Of course I prefer a healthy baby no matter when s/he is born, I was just curious to see when other moms had their first babies. My husband's family all seem to have theirs a week late, so I was wondering if that's typical for everyone, or just a coincidence in his family. And yes, the tax money would be a nice bonus, but not my first priority by any means. Sorry for the confusion!

• I went into labor naturally and had my son 8 days before my due date.

ETA: I was also born 8 days early.
    Little one is here.
  • My son was due on May 29 and he was born on May 17.  That being said, the babes come when they are ready. Many first time moms go late. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My midwife said 87 percent, ftm go over their edd.
    I was gutted, I had to be enduced 2 weeks later.

But you could be in the other 13 percent
    You'll have to wait and see I guess xx
  • DD1 was 10 days late
    DD2 was born on her due date

Every baby is different and they will come when they are ready. Sorry, there is no way to know when your go into labor.
  • Our first was due on January 10. My water broke on Jan 7 and she was born on Jan 8.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My EDD with DS was November 10th and I had him on November 12th. My EDD this time is December 31st.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

•  Late with both,and I am prepared to go late again.

DS was due 3/13. We induced 3/16 and he was born that day.

DD was due 3/14. She came on her own 3/20. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MEP923MEP923
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    My EDD with my son was Sept 21 but he came Sept 23. They were going to induce me that day because he was showing 9 lbs 4 ounces on the U/S but he winded up coming on his own that day.

imageimage

• I was 10 days early with my first.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • due March 12th induced on the 15th had her on the 16th. I was induced so soon due to lower fluid levels
  • lijahlijah
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Love Its 100 Comments Combo Breaker
    My first came on due date and the second came 3 days late.
  • DS was due on June 2nd and I went into labor 8 days before.  I had him the following day so he was exactly one week early.   

• DS was due Dec 16 and came Dec 18.
    This baby is due Dec 18 and in hoping he or she is punctual because it seems like more fun to actually share a bday than be a couple days apart. Also DS was 9lbs 9oz and I wouldn't mind if this one was a bit smaller. :D
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers