February 2012 Moms

Kids say the darnest things....

LO is learning new words each day, and it is so fun. But instead of saying kaboom when his towers falls down, he says boomka. It is adorable! What is something cute your LO is saying?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Kids say the darnest things....

• DD really doesn't say much, barely even a word, then a couple of days ago, out comes "Where are you going?", "what are you doing", "what's that?" And "thank you", all in one day! The words are in there, she's just been hoarding them!
  • We call SD "sissy" to Caroline.  She has started saying it too but it almost sounds like "sh!tty".  I try not to laugh because then she says it over and over again but it's so cute.  I tell people she is saying "sissy".
  • He's not really talking yet, but he's really into mimicking actions.

I must spend a lot of time cleaning dog vomit and sippy cup spills off the living room carpet. Cody pulled a paper towel sheet off the counter in the kitchen and took it into the living room, where he preceded to wipe up an invisible spill. Then he brought the paper towel over to me. He looked very proud of himself.

Managing tree nut (me), peanut & egg (DS) allergies.

image image
  • image danac2010:
    We call SD "sissy" to Caroline.  She has started saying it too but it almost sounds like "sh!tty".  I try not to laugh because then she says it over and over again but it's so cute.  I tell people she is saying "sissy".

Wait until your kid starts staying "truck."  I learned the hard way with my DS.  The "tr" sound is hard, and it usually ends up sound like an "f"!  

I clearly remember being in the grocery store with my DS when he was around 18 months and he spotted a truck on the shelf.  At the top of his lungs he started yelling "f@ck!!  f@ck!!"  Everyone was staring, and it was all I could do to yell just as loudly "yes, that's a TRuck!!"