Breastfeeding

hygeia enjoye?

Hi, I am trying to decide between the hygeia enjoye and the medela advanced personal double breast pump which are covered by my insurance. I am wondering if anyone has used the hygeia enjoye? This is a newer brand out on the market and I can't many reviews but it is "hospital grade." Any info will be great!

TIA 

Re: hygeia enjoye?

• I asked my LC and she recommends the Medela over the Hygeia, but she says she also likes the Hygeia if that is the only one you can get.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • My Hygeia enjoye was awesome for about a month. I liked it better than the PISA because you can adjust the speed and suction separately.  Then it died. (It had been brand new).  FOUR months after returning it to the company for service, they are supposedly shipping me a new one (it was supposed to be here yesterday). They don't respond to emails at all, and if you call them, you have to leave messages and be by a phone waiting for the return call.

Medela has better (ie some) customer service.  But honestly, I didn't like the PISA as much. However, aside from needing a new power adaptor (which customer service helped me with), it has held up well for me.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ♥ BFP #3 2/7/14 Celsete Mae born 10/2/14 at 37w2d ♥
    ♥ BFP #2 9/18/11 Nicole Evelyn born 5/17/12 at 38w3d ♥

♥ BFP #1 11/20/10 hb 12/14/10 natural m/c 12/25/10 at 8w3d ♥
     • Fateful appt. 2/11: Saline sono - polyp; thyroid nodule...it's cancer •  Hysteroscopy to remove polyp 3/17/11 •
    Total thyroidectomy (papillary carcinoma) 4/4/11
    RAI 5/9/11• Laparoscopic fibroid removal 11/2012
    ♦ Cancer free since May 2011 ♦

• Good to know! Thanks for the info!
  • I have the hygeia as an extra pump to keep at work and the medela freestyle at home. i like the hygeia just fine but i dont like that all the pump parts do not come apart and feel like its harder to clean than a medela pump.

i also worry about the customer service issue because i've seen a LOT of bad reviews about it. medela has terrific customer service.

so while i like the hygeia, if it's going to be your only pump, i would not risk bad customer service, because if anything does happen, you will need a new pump overnighted to you and i highly doubt hygeia will do that based on their customer service reviews. you will completely tank your supply without a pump and having to use a manual does not work for longer than a day max.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh - one other thing. I hated the hygeia pump parts, but I just used my Medela parts with it. The tubing fits :-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ♥ BFP #3 2/7/14 Celsete Mae born 10/2/14 at 37w2d ♥
    ♥ BFP #2 9/18/11 Nicole Evelyn born 5/17/12 at 38w3d ♥

♥ BFP #1 11/20/10 hb 12/14/10 natural m/c 12/25/10 at 8w3d ♥
     • Fateful appt. 2/11: Saline sono - polyp; thyroid nodule...it's cancer •  Hysteroscopy to remove polyp 3/17/11 •
    Total thyroidectomy (papillary carcinoma) 4/4/11
    RAI 5/9/11• Laparoscopic fibroid removal 11/2012
    ♦ Cancer free since May 2011 ♦

• image theresat858:
    Oh - one other thing. I hated the hygeia pump parts, but I just used my Medela parts with it. The tubing fits :-)
    from which medela? i dont think they fit with the freestyle parts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards