December 2011 Moms

T&Ps Please - Update

So yesterday I talked to my mom and she seemed a little confused and was slurring her words. Later that night I spoke with my sister and she asked me about my conversation with my mom. She said that my mom was really confused, arguing with my aunt telling her my birthday is next week when its really in December. She was also calling items by completely wrong names. So my sister took her to the doctor today and they said it was probably dehydration given my mom's history. She has a bunch of medical issues. They gave her blood thinners just in case and then sent her for a brain scan to be sure it wasn't anything more serious. Well I guess the scan showed that she had a small stroke and the sent her to the ER. So now I sit here waiting for news. I don't know much about what they do for strokes but I am trying to stay away from Dr. Google because I am sure it will tell me something scary. Anyway, if you ladies could send some T&Ps my moms way I'd appreciate it.

Update - I want to start by saying thank you for all the T&Ps!  I took today off and am spending it up at the hospital. I was here early enough to talk to the doctor. Apparently they are not 100% sure it was a stroke. But the MRI was abnormal. The radiologist needs to review the scan to determine the problem. She is doing better today. Her speech isn't slurred, but some things she still can't remember and she is having trouble finding the words for certain items. She is on a liquid diet because she's having trouble swallowing. Hopefully once they figure out what is going on they can actually start some sort of treatment. 

OAD August Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV show no longer on the air: Friends Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
image image

Re: T&Ps Please - Update

• Thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way.  I hope it was very, very minor.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh no, I am sorry. That sounds really scary. Sending you tons of good thoughts! Please update when you can. ((hugs))
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• mtb21mtb21
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    image katykatykaty:
    Thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way. nbsp;I hope it was very, very minor. nbsp;

This! Hope you get good news soon.

Mom to two December boys, 2011 & 2013
  • Oh how scary.  T & P to your mom and your family!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Love bug and Daddy time

• Very scary. Praying for your mom and for your family. My grandfather had a stroke a couple years ago, very scary.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• -T--T-
    250 Answers 500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Love Its
    Thinking of you and sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way.
  • Thinking of you and your family!

• So sorry that you are going through this. My boss actually had a stroke last year and he has no lingering symptoms. I will say a prayer that things go as well for your mom. Lots of tp coming your way.

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

image image

• ccip82ccip82
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    I'm so very sorry! Sending your mom and you lots of prayers. I hope you get more answers soon. Hugs!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

imageimageimage

Emma                        Max      Iain 

• I'm thinking of you and sending you good thoughts and prayers. At least she is in the right place getting care.

\image  image

• -T--T-
    250 Answers 500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Love Its
    I'm so glad you got to spend time with your mom. I continue to think of you and your family!
  • T&P!!!  Hopefully they can figure everything out and get her on the mend quickly! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How is your mum feeling today? Did she show some improvement? Did they find out more details about what caused this? Hugs to you, this is a scary time for you, I'm sure. 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• She's doing better each day.  I spent the day at the hospital again. They did end up confirming that she had a stroke. although they don't know what caused it. The damage was to the language center of the brain. So she's still having trouble with getting out the words for certain things. But the speech therapist is hopeful that she'll be able to re-learn some of the things. And they have to work on her swallowing as well. She only can have liquids. That being said they are discharging her tomorrow with scripts for OT, PT & speech therapy. And she has to go back in 2 weeks for a follow up MRI just to be safe. It has certainly been scary. I hope that we are on the uphill swing now and she doesn't have any setbacks. Thanks again for all the thoughts & prayers!
    OAD August Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV show no longer on the air: Friends Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image image