February 2013 Moms

I've gotta say

I don't feel like my family is complete. I really want one more LO in 3 or 4 years.

At age 36 though, I'm thinking about how nice it would be to be past the infant stage. To start taking cool family trips that my kids are old enough to truly enjoy and remember. To move on to the next phase of parenting.

DH may just be able to twist my arm and get me to agree to two and through.
View Full Size Image
Lilypie - (kxiS)
Lilypie - (BG2d)

Re: I've gotta say

• I totally understand. Before and right after DS was born I thought I could easily  be one and done (especially following a very difficult natural not-by-choice birth) but now I just don't think our family is done. I don't know what I'll do if I feel that way after the second one (if we are lucky enough to have another one) because I'm just not sure we can handle three. Pregnancy kicked my mentally, and I'm not sure I could do that two more times. Good luck making the decision. Would you consider TTC in less than 3-4 years to be done with pregnancy/infant years before 40 or are you not worried about age? 
    BFP#1: 12.27.11, EDD 9.6.12, M/C 1/6/12 at 5w
    BFP#2: 5.26.12, EDD 2.7.13, DS Born 2.1.13
  • I swore I'd only have one more last time - I ended up with twins lmfao 

Got my Essure put in last month and I am done done done. 

image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• I keep waiting to feel "done" but I just don't.  I really, really don't.  I may have to just suck it up and deal, though, bc I think DH might be done.
    Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy, egg, peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (q2ek) Lilypie - (nqAF)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• I know I'm not done because this is only my first. But I was thinking since I want them about two years apart we need to start TTC next summer which is an overwhelming thought. I'm not sure if I'll feel done after that one or not.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image DC2London:
    I keep waiting to feel "done" but I just don't. nbsp;I really, really don't. nbsp;I may have to just suck it up and deal, though, bc I think DH might be done.

This is me and DH, but I am so very tired and feeling strapped down.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • image Rynleigh:
    I swore I'd only have one more last time I ended up with twins lmfaonbsp;Got my Essure put in last month and I am done done done.nbsp;

Whoops, lol!

I've always said I wanted 2 girls and then twin boys, you never know what could happen. Although I think 3 girls would be great too. A colleague of mine had 2 boys and then twin girls. When they found out it was twins they prayed hard for girls.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • I definitely don't feel like our family is complete and luckily I know DH doesn't either. DD is our first and really I am ready to already start trying again...I'm just ready to have more LO's around!!
    We are waiting till September to start TTC. It took only 2 months to get pregnant with DD, but I am a little nervous that it could take us much longer this next time.
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

BabyFetus Ticker

Married to DH 10.29.11
    DD born 1.26.13
    LO #2 due 6.19.14

• image Sterling13:
    I totally understand. Before and right after DS was born I thought I could easilynbsp; be one and done especially following a very difficult natural notbychoice birth but now I just don't think our family is done. I don't know what I'll do if I feel that way after the second one if we are lucky enough to have another one because I'm just not sure we can handle three. Pregnancy kicked my mentally, and I'm not sure I could do that two more times. Good luck making the decision. Would you consider TTC in less than 34 years to be done with pregnancy/infant years before 40 or are you not worried about age?nbsp;

I like the 3 to 4 year age gap. I also take off about 6 months with each. It would be hard on my school for me to be out that long so close together.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • image mattanda2011:
    I definitely don't feel like our family is complete and luckily I know DH doesn't either. DD is our first and really I am ready to already start trying again...I'm just ready to have more LO's around!!
    We are waiting till September to start TTC. It took only 2 months to get pregnant with DD, but I am a little nervous that it could take us much longer this next time.

Now that is just crazy talk to me.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • image Teacher Clark:
    image mattanda2011:
    I definitely don't feel like our family is complete and luckily I know DH doesn't either. DD is our first and really I am ready to already start trying again...I'm just ready to have more LO's around!!

Being pregnant again anytime before he's 1 is downright terrifying to me.
  • image Teacher Clark:
    image Sterling13:
    I totally understand. Before and right after DS was born I thought I could easilynbsp; be one and done especially following a very difficult natural notbychoice birth but now I just don't think our family is done. I don't know what I'll do if I feel that way after the second one if we are lucky enough to have another one because I'm just not sure we can handle three. Pregnancy kicked my mentally, and I'm not sure I could do that two more times. Good luck making the decision. Would you consider TTC in less than 34 years to be done with pregnancy/infant years before 40 or are you not worried about age?nbsp;

I like the 3 to 4 year age gap. I also take off about 6 months with each. It would be hard on my school for me to be out that long so close together.

That makes a lot of sense. At least you have time to think about it. It's not like a final decision has to be made today. And maybe once the kids are a little older you'll feel differently.
  • SagenSagen
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper

I think 4 is a good fit for our family. Also it scares me to get pregnant again. I think if we had an oops baby that would be fun (like in a year or so), but I can't bring myself to TTC again. I have never had a loss, or had a hard time getting pregnant. I have had people close to me with many problems, and relatives and good friends who have had full term babies born still. I sort of don't want to role the dice again, I am afraid I have been far too lucky having 4 healthy awesome babies so easily.

My family feels complete, but I will forever be baby hungry, I just love the baby stage so much!

Mom to 4 cute kids! 9 yo girl 7 yo boy 5 yo boy and new baby boy!
  • I know we're not done, since this is only our first. We always said we wanted at least 3, maybe 4 kids. At this point I'm thinking 3 would be our max. If our next LO is a boy, we might even be done at 2 depending on our financial situation and whether or not we feel our family is complete.

Sometimes I'm anxious to start TTC again very soon, because of the difficulty we had getting pregnant. Most of the time I can't imagine being pregnant again anytime within the next 6 months to a year.

PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 :)
    BFP #2 on 1/3/14, EDD 9/13/14

• image Sagen:
    nbsp;I think 4 is a good fit for our family. Also it scares me to get pregnant again. I think if we had an oops baby that would be fun like in a year or so, but I can't bring myself to TTC again. I have never had a loss, or had a hard time getting pregnant. I have had people close to me with many problems, and relatives and good friends who have had full term babies born still. I sort of don't want to role the dice again, I am afraid I have been far too lucky having 4 healthy awesome babies so easily.My family feels complete, but I will forever be baby hungry, I just love the baby stage so much!

Okay, so your super skinny, married to a doctor, have 4 perfect kids....you've gotta have some skeletons in your closet, right?!

I'm not trying to be snarky, seriously, it just seems that you won the lottery on life.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • SagenSagen
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper

image Teacher Clark:
    image Sagen:
    nbsp;I think 4 is a good fit for our family. Also it scares me to get pregnant again. I think if we had an oops baby that would be fun like in a year or so, but I can't bring myself to TTC again. I have never had a loss, or had a hard time getting pregnant. I have had people close to me with many problems, and relatives and good friends who have had full term babies born still. I sort of don't want to role the dice again, I am afraid I have been far too lucky having 4 healthy awesome babies so easily.My family feels complete, but I will forever be baby hungry, I just love the baby stage so much!
    Okay, so your super skinny, married to a doctor, have 4 perfect kids....you've gotta have some skeletons in your closet, right?! I'm not trying to be snarky, seriously, it just seems that you won the lottery on life.

That is sweet! I am pretty lucky :) I feel inadequate in many, many ways, so I must just hide that in all of my post. Also I have had my share of crappy things, not on the scale of losing a child, but things I wouldn't want to go through again for sure!

Mom to 4 cute kids! 9 yo girl 7 yo boy 5 yo boy and new baby boy!
  • My husband says he's one and done. Most of the time I'm trying to convince him that we should have one more but sometimes I secretly feel like I could be one and done too. 

Although, now that you guys mention it, I don't really feel like our family is complete. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image Teacher Clark:
    image mattanda2011:

Well the really crazy part is that if it was just up to DH I would already be pregnant! He was hoping for twins from the get go!
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

BabyFetus Ticker

Married to DH 10.29.11
    DD born 1.26.13
    LO #2 due 6.19.14

• Even though I am a FTM I definitely want 1 more. I am 36 so I plan on trying again next fall. I grew with my sister and just me so 2 is good BUT if I were a stay at home mom I think....no, I know I would do 3, But sadly I am not so 2 it will probably be.
    photo 974be4a7-562b-438b-968f-2b2b4a7ac553.jpg
  • I want at least one more, but not for a a couple years.. DH is still feeling things out with the first, but I'll think he'll come around. The baby and I are both sick right now, and neither one of us is sleeping well and he keeps drawing attention to that and going.. "AND YOU STILL WANT ANOTHER?!?!" to which I can honestly reply.. YEP!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't mind ttc right now, but dh is against it.  

He initially was done right after DS. Then he was saying a third in 5 years.  Now he is leaning towards having a third sooner.  I figure I will go on bcp for 6 months, then reevaluate the situation.   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks
  • image Karla CS:
    I want at least one more, but not for a a couple years.. DH is still feeling things out with the first, but I'll think he'll come around. The baby and I are both sick right now, and neither one of us is sleeping well and he keeps drawing attention to that and going.. "AND YOU STILL WANT ANOTHER?!?!" to which I can honestly reply.. YEP!

I remember when DD1 was this age, DH and I said it must get easier because people have more then 1. It does get easier BTW
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • image Sagen:

I think 4 is a good fit for our family. Also it scares me to get pregnant again. I think if we had an oops baby that would be fun (like in a year or so), but I can't bring myself to TTC again. I have never had a loss, or had a hard time getting pregnant. I have had people close to me with many problems, and relatives and good friends who have had full term babies born still. I sort of don't want to role the dice again, I am afraid I have been far too lucky having 4 healthy awesome babies so easily.

My family feels complete, but I will forever be baby hungry, I just love the baby stage so much!

I'm kind of the complete opposite. Don't get me wrong, my life is very good, but I have had a mixed bag with the pregnancy thing. We had originally wanted 3-4, now I'm saying 3 and that's it. I doubt the doctors will want me to have another one anyway, but thankfully gave me the ok for our 3rd. Odds of getting HELLP? Approximately 1 in 200. Check. Odds of getting HELLP early enough to have to deliver a preemie? Not sure, but obviously higher than 1 in 200. Check. Odds of having a uterine rupture? Approximately 1 in 200. Check. Odds of having a miscarriage? Approximately one in five. Check.

It could be much worse, I know, since both of my girls are only alive because my problems were caught in time and they were delivered asap via c/s. I feel like it's tempting fate to try to get a 3rd healthy baby, too, and I also worry that this time around whatever I end up with might not be caught soon enough and I could end up dying, leaving my two girls without a mom. 

Ok, I'm stopping the depressing train of thought. Short story - we're going to try for a 3rd, but I totally agree that if DH insisted on being done, I could find the silver lining of never having to do the newborn thing again. As cute as they are, I hate sleep deprivation with a passion.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence