Baby Names
Options

Forrest

Thoughts on this boy name?
I love that its unique and to me says "retro, old fashion" but when I asked my friend about it she said she thought it was a new wave, hippie name.
image imageimage

Re: Forrest

• Options
    Gump is what comes to my mind
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBootsyLou:

Bwahaha I didn't even make that connection!
    Would children of this generation even know what that movie is?
    image imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I really, really like it-- despite the fact that I am sure it will make people think of Forrest Gump.

I do get a slight hippie vibe, but I often admire hippie names.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    M0ONM0ON member

imageiLoveblueberries:
    imageBootsyLou:
    Bwahaha I didn't even make that connection! Would children of this generation even know what that movie is?

Seems very unlikely at this point.

I think it's a beautiful name.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like it but it's not my favorite nature-y name.
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Options

I like it a lot.

It'd be on my list, but our last name is somewhat on the nature-y side, so it sounds like someplace the Forest Ranger would live instead of a name.

• Options
    I really like this name and I think old school not hippie. If you spelled it Forest, then I'd get more of a hippie vibe.
    What nickname do you think people will use?
  • Options
    imagejanelleashu:
    I really like this name and I think old school not hippie. If you spelled it Forest, then I'd get more of a hippie vibe.
    What nickname do you think people will use?

Hopefully no nickname but I'm sure someone would come up with something! Maybe "For" or "Rest"?
    image imageimage
  • Options
    swgdvmswgdvm member
    Every name has an association and forrest gump isnt really a big deal in my opinion.
    I like it! I think its more preppy than hippie.
  • Options
    I just haven't got on board with this name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm crushing on this name as a mn option. It was DH's suggestion and it took me a while to warm up to it, but I like it. I agree, it is hard to get past the Forrest Gump association.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I really like it. My maiden name rhymes with Gump so my family is always urging us to name one of our babies Forrest since my mom couldn't use it.
  • Options
    Will definitely be using it for a MN option if we have another boy. But I don't get the crunchy vibe unless it is paired with another hippie-esque name (Willow, Mesa, Canyon, River, etc).

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    RemmieRis said:

I think of "run Forrest, run!"

But I know a Forrest, and as I kid I didn't know the connection. I don't think many kids would. It's a nice name.

I heard a father once yell this to his son on the soccer field, and it took all my might to stop myself from bursting out laughing. The kids won't know it, but the parents will. I think this name may need to wait a generation before its used if you don't want to risk that kind of reaction
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"