March 2014 Moms

So ridiculously hot! My vent...

I need to vent. I work in an open concept lab, and it just happens that our part is warmer than the lab next door. So they want the temperature set at 23 Celcius (73 F), which is warmer than ambient temperature. Meanwhile, I am DYING when it's set at 23. With a lab coat on and gloves, I sweat, and I am in carpris and a t-shirt. It's so much easier to make yourself warm (sweater, long pants) then to cool off (unless I work naked). I wish I could just say I am pregnant and then maybe she would back off. She even suggested I move my desk and lab bench, when we have a full lab already, and I have all my stuff here, and maybe she wants to move it for me? Apparently, I am a *** today - I feel irrationally angry. Thank you hormones!
Me: 31, DH: 31
Met in 1998. Started dating 25/9/2002. Married 25/9/2010
Started TTC 05/2013. BFP #1: 22/6/2013, MMC found 23/8/2013, D&C 26/8/2013
19/9/2013: retained tissue, passed naturally. Current status: on BCP
 TTA ending soon! Stay Tuned :)
29/11/14: We are adopting our furry friend Higgins!
Everyone always welcome
TTCAL December Siggy Challenge
imageimageimage

Re: So ridiculously hot! My vent...

• iEricaiErica
    250 Answers 500 Comments Combo Breaker
    Ugh that doesn't sound very pleasant, I'm sorry!

• I feel your pain.  Our corporate recently decided to change the thermostat to a wifi one that they can control it!  They set it at 75 in the summer!!  By some miracle, today it's 72 but normally it's at least 76 in the morning and miserable!  I don't tolerate heat at all--I'm a baby, I'll admit it.  Can you buy a fan for your desk?  We've been using a fan.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• image KariB509:
    I feel your pain.  Our corporate recently decided to change the thermostat to a wifi one that they can control it!  They set it at 75 in the summer!!  By some miracle, today it's 72 but normally it's at least 76 in the morning and miserable!  I don't tolerate heat at all--I'm a baby, I'll admit it.  Can you buy a fan for your desk?  We've been using a fan.

A fan would be awesome. I am going to see what I can do.  It just makes me mad, because it's supposed to be 30C/86F today.   

Me: 31, DH: 31
    Met in 1998. Started dating 25/9/2002. Married 25/9/2010
    Started TTC 05/2013. BFP #1: 22/6/2013, MMC found 23/8/2013, D&C 26/8/2013
    19/9/2013: retained tissue, passed naturally. Current status: on BCP
     TTA ending soon! Stay Tuned :)
    29/11/14: We are adopting our furry friend Higgins!
    Everyone always welcome
    TTCAL December Siggy Challenge
    imageimageimage
  • image ktlovess:

image KariB509:
    I feel your pain.  Our corporate recently decided to change the thermostat to a wifi one that they can control it!  They set it at 75 in the summer!!  By some miracle, today it's 72 but normally it's at least 76 in the morning and miserable!  I don't tolerate heat at all--I'm a baby, I'll admit it.  Can you buy a fan for your desk?  We've been using a fan.

A fan would be awesome. I am going to see what I can do.  It just makes me mad, because it's supposed to be 30C/86F today.   

86F sounds like a dream.. it's going to be a heat index of 105F today in KC.  

• image dmweeks10:
    image ktlovess:

image KariB509:

86F sounds like a dream.. it's going to be a heat index of 105F today in KC.  

I'm with dmweeks... 86F sounds like the perfect day to me!  OP, you'd hate my house then, 72F is about the coolest we'll ever keep it... and it's usually warmer.

imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards