October 2013 Moms

Absolutely Miserable Today

No matter how early I go to bed, I can't for the life of me stay asleep. And with my husband having to wake up early for work, I feel bad every time I even roll over to change positions because he wakes up. I've been awake since 3:30 AM now. The worst night of sleep yet. And I'm sure it will only get worse from here. I'm just so tired. =( I literally broke down crying after I left the bedroom. Because I know I am going to be grumpy today. No one wants to be around a grumpy pregnant woman...But I have to put on a smile today especially, it's DH's birthday and I'm not about to ruin it even if I feel like a truck hit me and then ran me over twice.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Married since September 12th 2011. DH:26 Me:21 +HPT#1: 09/09/2012 EDD: 05/15/2013 MMC: 10/06/2012
+HPT#2: 01/27/2013 EDD: 10/03/2013 ITS A BOY!!!

Re: Absolutely Miserable Today

• Recently I switched to a different scent for a tart warmer in our bedroom. It is lavendar sage. I'll turn it on before I go to bed, and I am knocked out in like 5 minutes. Have you tried anything like that to help you sleep? Also, are you getting enough exercise during the day? I wear a gowear (think biggest loser) and the days I am not active enough I don't sleep well. I'm like a dog that needs to be worn out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

sweetpotato
  • I think that is where my problem is. I don't think I get enough exercise. I go swimming about twice a week. And that is all I am usually able to manage with my lack of energy. I used to walk a lot. But the motivation for that went out the window somewhere in the beginning of 2nd trimester. And here I am in my third. I can try the scents in the bedroom to see if that helps. 

Pregnancy%20ticker

Married since September 12th 2011. DH:26 Me:21 +HPT#1: 09/09/2012 EDD: 05/15/2013 MMC: 10/06/2012
    +HPT#2: 01/27/2013 EDD: 10/03/2013 ITS A BOY!!!
  • ap2000ap2000
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper

Have you tried sleeping somewhere that you aren't worried about waking DH?

My DH was sick and had a fever about 3 days ago. I slept on the couch, since I didn't want him breathing in my face all night and sharing his germs. Turns out, I've had some of the best sleep in the past month. It might have been a combination of the back on the couch helping me not roll over AND not worrying about waking DH if I was uncomfortable and needed to move around.

I never slept on the couch during my last pregnancy, but I have heard that lots of pregnant women end up feeling more comfortable somewhere other than their beds. Might be worth a try.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker