December 2012 Moms

Judging a child by their name

http://www.collegehumor.com/embed/6901139/terrible-woman-judges-kids-by-their-names

I find this ridiculous, and to be honestly quite offensive and sweepingly discriminatory on a child, just because of a name. 

Let me hear your opinion! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image  image

Re: Judging a child by their name

• What the! I can't believe a woman would do that! That is just ridiculous and horrible.
  • image snoopycac:
    What the! I can't believe a woman would do that! That is just ridiculous and horrible.

I know, it's crazy someone actually thinks like that. Sorry I wasn't sophisticated enough to name my children Maximillion, Poppy and India. Ha.

image  image
  • I judge parents who name their kids stupid names. It's not the kids' fault the parents are weird.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersPitaPata Dog tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • All I can think about is North West.

image  image
  • image Nana_Osaki06:
    I judge parents who name their kids stupid names. It's not the kids' fault the parents are weird.

And you. You are hilarious. I was lurking on 1st tri, because I'm cool like that, and I literally woke my child I laughed so hard at some of the things you said to the weed smoker.

Day=made ***skips off***

image  image
  • Yes, North West. Poor kid! This woman is wacko and her kid might have a wonderful upper class name but I bet they turn out to be totally wacko bc their mom is so judgmental! 

Aug '14 Siggy Challenge

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size ImageView Full Size Image

• I liked how she said she didn't like names named after places and her kid's name is India. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Why is she picking on Tylers? I had several Tylers in my classes and they were always good kids. Now Evans and Justins on the other hand.....j/k ;) This woman is a piece of work!
  • jac409jac409
    Ancient Membership 250 Answers 500 Comments 100 Love Its

image Nana_Osaki06:
    I judge parents who name their kids stupid names. It's not the kids' fault the parents are weird.

Definitely! 

• image Nana_Osaki06:

Word. I feel as though it's our responsibility to name our children non-ridiculous names. Blu? Jet? Apple? North? Yeah. Ridiculousness. 

I can sort of see where this woman is coming from. Yes, she takes it to a mega extreme that isn't fair to the poor kids, but I mean, if you are a parent calling out to your child named LaFawnduh, you can sort of guess what kind of rearing the child has had and how they're going to behave. I do not advocate limiting your child's friends based on their assumed social status and assumed behavior though. You have to go on actual experience. I think this biitch be cray cray.  

EDD 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • j3nnybj3nnyb
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary
    I loved the part when she gets called an insufferable snob.  I don't understand how a person can be so narrow-minded and judgmental.  She's stupid to say that she hates geographical names and named her daughter India.  What a damn idiot.  I got halfway through the video and had to stop watching. 
    DH: 33, Me: 33, PCOS, Benign thyroid nodules
    BFP #1: Surprise! 4/4/12, EDD: 12/16/12, DD born on 12/16/12! 
    BFP #2: 3/10/14, EDD: 11/20/14
     Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    imageimageimageBabyFetus Ticker
    Nov '14 Moms April Siggy Challenge: Baby Animals
  • image rjeller32:

image Nana_Osaki06:

And you. You are hilarious. I was lurking on 1st tri, because I'm cool like that, and I literally woke my child I laughed so hard at some of the things you said to the weed smoker.

Day=made ***skips off***

Off to visit 1st tri...

DS has a girl in his class named Just.ys. I tried not to judge, but when I met the mom, I knew I was right. She was wearing leopard print leggings, an off the shoulder purple and black shirt, and a Victoria's Secret bra. She was also about 5ft3in and a size 16. I'm a size 16 and would never ever ever. DS says the little girl is nice, but he doesn't play with her.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • I could see certain situations where it could be much harder for someone with a less traditional name.  Take for example, someone was on trial for a crime and was hiring a defense attorney.  Would you prefer to have Michael Smith representing you or North/Apple/Just.ys/Keke/etc. Smith? 

Honestly, I feel bad for the kids that are given unusual names, and just hope that they have a middle name that they could use if they choose and uber conservative/professional career, and wanted to.

image image

• CellisCellis
    250 Answers Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments Combo Breaker

image Nana_Osaki06:

Same 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • image Nana_Osaki06:

Agree. I ran into a couple just this past weekend who named their children some interesting names and I just shook my head.  

Ivy: July 10  |  Stella: Dec 12

• image minervacullen:
    image rjeller32:

image Nana_Osaki06:

Day=made ***skips off***

Off to visit 1st tri... DS has a girl in his class named Just.ys. I tried not to judge, but when I met the mom, I knew I was right. She was wearing leopard print leggings, an off the shoulder purple and black shirt, and a Victoria's Secret bra. She was also about 5ft3in and a size 16. I'm a size 16 and would never ever ever. DS says the little girl is nice, but he doesn't play with her.

Do I judge kids with goofy names? No. Do I judge their parents for naming them so? Yes. I had a kid in my program whose name was Sir Tyler...not just Tyler...Sir Tyler. We couldn't even shorten it either! Mom always called him Sir Tyler. Give your kid a chance! 

My goofy little love. I love you Alexandra Marie.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker