February 2013 Moms

Sometimes they just need mama

MIL and FIL watch my kids for about 5 hours while I'm at work on Mondays. I pick the kids up around 8:30. I got there tonight and DD was wailing. MIL said she had just been fed at about 8, then they tried rocking, taking her for a walk in the stroller, swinging on the porch swing, and nothing was working. MIL hands her to me and she IMMEDIATELY stopped. I had to run out to my car to grab something so I handed her back to MIL and she started crying right away. I came back and took her again and she stopped. My MIL just laughed and said "That stinker! Guess she knew what she wanted..."

Just goes to show you, sometimes babies just need their mamas! 

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'"
~Mary Anne Radmacher

image image
Eleanor Faye- 24 January 2013
Nathan Malcolm- 07 April 2011

Re: Sometimes they just need mama

• It always makes me feel good if DD is crying with someone and she immediately stops with me! ;)

• image Teacher Clark:
    Awe, I bet that makes you feel good! It's great Until they get older and tell you they want to live at grandma and grandpa's because they're SO MUCH FUN. Even Gma has explained that they wouldn't be having fun like that all the time if she lived there, but my 4YO has selective hearing on that one.

My 2YO already feels this way about gma and gpa's house. He cries every time we have to leave... And of course I'm always the bad guy if I say no, he cannot have a 3rd helping of ice cream.  

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'"
    ~Mary Anne Radmacher

image image
    Eleanor Faye- 24 January 2013
    Nathan Malcolm- 07 April 2011

• I sing in the choir at my church, and since my husband works during the time that Mass is, I take the baby by myself. I usually just give him to this one older couple that loves to hold him during Mass, and he's great. 

Well, last week, he wanted no one but mama! I ended up holding him the whole time I sang! It was pretty cute actually. No one minded (another reason I love my church). This week, I'm bringing the ergo and I'll just keep him in that while I sing!