September 2013 Moms

Shower ? what do I do?

My shower is on Saturday and invitations went out around June 22. The RSVP date was June 6. Tonight I found out that for some reason none of my husband's family got their invites. I got one, and so did my mom and grandma, but there are about 20 people on the list who I am not sure about. I asked the hostess if she could send me a list of who had RSVP'd either way, but she works nights as a nurse so she may not answer me for a few days. Is there anything I can do or say? Should I start contacting everyone that was invited to make sure they know about it? I don't want it to seem like I am inviting them to my own shower. Should I let the hostess know so she can contact them? I don't want to make her feel bad about the invites getting lost or whatever might have happened.

And just to clarify, I am upset and worried about this because I don't want feelings hurt and I was looking forward to seeing people, not for the gifts.
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Shower ? what do I do?

• Did your friend say she was inviting them? If she had said so, I would ask her. Don't call anyone until you clarify with her. If she is the host, she is responsible for contacting guests and following up with missing RSVPs. You really should not be calling anyone to invite them.
  • jnetxjnetx
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary
    They were on the guest list that I gave her when she asked for one.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • At this late stage, I would ask your mother-in-law or another family member on his side to start spreading the word and apologizing that there was a mix-up with the invites and making sure each family member who was supposed to get an invite at least gets a personal phone call.  I'm sure if the 20 people on your hubby's side were split up between your mother-in-law and maybe a sister-in-law, they'd get through the list easily in no time.
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • image smilormarie:
    At this late stage, I would ask your motherinlaw or another family member on his side to start spreading the word and apologizing that there was a mixup with the invites and making sure each family member who was supposed to get an invite at least gets a personal phone call.nbsp; I'm sure if the 20 people on your hubby's side were split up between your motherinlaw and maybe a sisterinlaw, they'd get through the list easily in no time.

This exactly. It shouldn't be you, but a family member on that side doing it is te perfect solution!!
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • image jnetx:
    They were on the guest list that I gave her when she asked for one.

Perhaps she didn't have the budget or space for everyone so she cut the list down a bit? I'd wait to talk to her before you call guests. If she is busy with work and you have the time, I don't see a problem with you calling his family, explaining the mess up and apologizing for the late notice.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Quite a few of my shower invites disappeared in the mail. I would have someone call around and spread the word.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards