September 2013 Moms

Whomp. "Elevated" levels.

So I had my first GD test back on June 28th. It has been like a week and a half and I heard nothing...so I assumed no news was good news. Right? Well my doctor called today to not say I failed, but to say I had "elevated" levels and so she wants me to do the 3 hour. Whomp. What a freakin bummer since I went a week and a half thinking I was fine. So now I have to call and schedule my 3 hour tomorrow, yay for more frikin needles! Wahhh! Mobile crying face. I don't know how badly I failed or if I was just border line, guess the next test will for sure tell.
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Whomp. "Elevated" levels.

• Oh, that sucks! I'm sorry! :-( It makes me wonder if that could happen to me because they do the no news is good news. I have wondered what if they forgot to call and I'm think I passed. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagestaceymack:
    Oh, that sucks! I'm sorry! : It makes me wonder if that could happen to me because they do the no news is good news. I have wondered what if they forgot to call and I'm think I passed.nbsp;

I actually debated calling last week because I had that same fear! Lol. But I went on the fact that the front desk lady said they would call if I failed. Well would've been nice and less nerve racking if they called in a more timely manner. Lol. Good luck to you!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am sorry to hear it took so long for them to get back to you! That is super frustrating! I had something similar happen, but with Labcorp (the lab I use) once they send the results to the Dr. you can view them online. 

I was able to see that I failed my 1-hour, so I just went ahead and scheduled my 3 hour before the Dr.'s office even told me I failed.

Good luck with your 3-hour! It is not that bad, just make sure you bring a good book or Ipad or something! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Guess its time to find a good book to bring!
  • I was borderline, even with fasting, and I'm surprised my midwife did not want me to do the 3 hr anyway, just to be sure.  The cut off is 129 and I was 125.  And this baby is huge - 95th percentile.  I looked up my results online through LabCorp so I was prepared to ask my midwife at the next visit.  I even offered to maintain a food diary and check my blood glucose several times a day for a week to show her.  She had no interest.  She just recommended I focus more on fruits / veggies (which I already do) and avoid white, processed flour and sugars (which I already do). Hopefully the first test was a fluke and you'll pass the 3 hour with flying colors.
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • Don't jinx yourself!! Lol at least you have another chance at passing, I didn't even get the chance to do the 3 hour, straight to the diabetes clinic I go.. Lol could be worst but I hope you pass the 3 hour good luck !!
  • Do you know what your level was? I literally JUST got mine back online and the range was 70140 and I was 151. Freaking out now! I hope I get to take the 3 hour...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"