Stay at Home Moms

Traits you hope your kids will not inherit from you?

I think there are a lot of traits that we hope we pass on to our kids. But are there any traits that you'll be very pleased if they don't inherit from you? 

Forever blessed through adoption! 7-17-11

Re: Traits you hope your kids will not inherit from you?

• Hadley's bio parents are both tall and trim and I'm SO thankful because my entire family struggles with weight.

I have no assss. I used to weigh 300 pounds and I still didn't have one... flat like I am leaned up against the wall... so does my mom & my late grandma. I'm very thankful she won't get that from us. 

Forever blessed through adoption! 7-17-11
  • KateMWKateMW
    25000 Comments 250 Answers Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    My inability to try new things for fear I will fail at it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • SpookoSpooko
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    image Hav=Fath:

Hadley's bio parents are both tall and trim and I'm SO thankful because my entire family struggles with weight.

I have no assss. I used to weigh 300 pounds and I still didn't have one... flat like I am leaned up against the wall... so does my mom & my late grandma. I'm very thankful she won't get that from us. 

Aw, another sporter of the "extended back syndrome". I totally understand. 

• I am very shy and have had trouble with general and social anxiety and depression. Hopefully he won't have to deal with those things. But I figure at least I know the signs and what to do. I think a lot of parents go into denial when these issues crop up and delay needed treatment.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• SpookoSpooko
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Combo Breaker

image KateMW:

This, along with a crippling intensity/perfectionism.

My picky eating habits.

My homesickness.

• I hope my kids will like to be neat and organized, but cause I need professionals to help me with that. I am a minimalist because " stuff" scares me.
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • I used to be extremely whiny as a child/teenager [... and young adult...] Not like complaining but I talked with a whiny voice. I cringe now thinking about it. I had the same boyfriend from 17 to 23 and once I entered the dating scene, I quit whining. I knew it wasn't attractive but I always thought I couldn't help it. Turns out I could. Go figure.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image KateMW:

You? Afraid?? I don't believe it. You seem fearless. I'm not being sarcastic either.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Physically, if I have a girl someday, my entire body shape. Flat chest, flat butt, round gut. Ugh. I'm sure DS will be built like his dad. Tall and broad.

Emotionally: my control freak tendencies. I get it from my mom.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • image Spooko:

image KateMW:

This, along with a crippling intensity/perfectionism.

This. When I do things it has to be a certain way, if DH does it and it isn't the way I do it/like it I re-do it. Drives him crazy. I feel bad for him sometimes, but then I remember he's driven me pretty crazy the past 8 years and get over it pretty quickly. I really hope the kids don't end up like me though.
  • I was such a follower in high school...we were all pretty snooty. There are a few friends I should have told off. Hopefully my girls are leaders.
    Mom to Big Sister (2008) , and boy/girl twins (2010) Life is busy!
  • gwapesgwapes
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary
    I hope he doesn't get my temper... or my lack of patience (I hope him being early isn't any indicator of that)

image image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My bad relationship with food. I'm trying to fix it

My fear of trying something by myself.
  • Hopefully she has enough sense in her head to not date the type of guys I dated.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• My inability to keep our house organized.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm really hoping DS is not super reactionary like I am. I have worked hard to control my emotions but it is still a daily struggle for me and those that have to deal with me. 

Married My Love 8/09, Blessed with Captain Adorable 3/12
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

• Sometimes I have a hard time standing up for myself. I'm a passive person and get my feelings hurt easily. I've gotten better with this as an adult but as a child I think I was overly sensitive and more of a follower.

I hope DS is more assertive, in a good way, and can stand up for himself.

ETA I'm also a perfectionist. Not something I hope I pass along.
  • CnAmomCnAmom
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    I am really anal about planning and organizing and I have lists all over the place. I want my kids to be organized but I hope they aren't as obsessive about it as I am.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers, Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • OCD tendancies, insulin issues, depression, and allergies.

We hope that he doesn't get my DHs reading/writing issues

• I hope she doesn't get my anxiety and OCD like tendency to be very clean/organized
  • kmc217kmc217
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    OCD/control freak tendencies, inability to "go with the flow" and my horrific sweet tooth

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

• Social awkwardness. I'm not a people person at all, and it gives me anxiety to even say one word to people I don't know. This always held me back at work, big time.

I hope he takes after H, and excels at talking. Lol.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hope my kids are more money savvy at a young age than DH and I were. We've shaped up now, but I wish I didn't have to get in debt to learn a lesson.
    Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks
  • My entire extended family has really bad bunions.  I'm glad I don't and I hope my kiddos never do.
  • Being overly sensitive and stress eating!
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • I hope DS doesn't get my level or stubbornness. I'm definitely a cut off my nose to spite my face type of person and I hate it. It means I have a hard time asking for helping, accepting help, letting go when it's just time to let go, etc.

I also hope he's a bit more emotional than I am. I am very good at identifying my emotions, and getting over them quickly. I can detach easily. It serves me very well professionaly [crisis work], but personally I often wonder if people find me cold. DH will sometimes say I could use a drop of sensitivity with him.

I also hope DS doesn't get DH's intense selfish streak that pops up from time to time.
  • My extreme shyness.  I also have some social anxiety as well.  Unfortunately, I think DD did inherit my shyness.  She is almost exactly like I was at her age.  It took her almost the entire school year before she really talked much at school.  DS seems to be much more outgoing. 

I also hope they don't inherit my dental problems.  I take such good care of my teeth and still have all sorts of tooth issues.  DH has never had a cavity, so lets hope they get his teeth. 

Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Physically, my eye problems. I've already had a corneal transplant in one eye and may need the other done down the road.

Emotionally, my anxiety.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• M0ONM0ON
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Name Dropper
    I'm lazy. Not physically, like I love to be active outdoors, but more like lazy when it came to school, work, etc... just a total underachiever. I would feel so terrible if that rubbed off on my kid(s).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hope he's not short and fat like me.  And I hope he doesn't have my anxiety and depression issues.

I was hoping he'd skip my temper but that ship appears to have already sailed....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers