January 2013 Moms

Fifth Leap?

Anyone going through/went through the fifth leap? I feel like this one is way more intense. DD is so clingy...literally clinging to my shirt, arms, etc an refuses to be out down. She cries most of the day. She refuses to nap but then sleeps forever when she goes down finally. It's been super exhausting. I feel like its the leap because her behavior is no pun intended by the book. It's hard to tell though with teething going on as well.

No real point, just wondering how other mamas are doing with this one.

Julia Rose--the chosen one?

Re: Fifth Leap?

• Oh my gosh I just signed on here to see if anyone else thought they had this going on and here you were!!! My DD was awesome last week and Sunday it was like she hit a wall! Super clingy, making this whiny Mmmmm noise all day long and she just had a total meltdown at Naptime. She are less the last two days too. Just crazy!!!!! I thought partly teeth and then googled the wonder weeks to see when the next one was and what do you know!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DD has been cranky off and on for like a week. Today is a day she will not let me put her down, she's whining constantly or screaming, only napping on me and last night she would not sleep. She was up every couple hours, which is not normal for her. I don't know what's going on, I looked up the wonder weeks and she's not in one ugh
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • Yes...he's is miserable at home. Super clingy and whines all. the. time.  

Funny enough...he is a delight outside the house.  He had the nurse at the pediatric cardiologist completely in love with him by smiling, laughing and chatting with her.  Then we took him home and he cried so hard waiting for his evening bottle that I thought he was going to throw up.  It was 3 minutes he had to wait  It's like living with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.   But I am really hoping he comes out of this sitting and rolling in both directions like so many babies I have read about after the fifth leap! He is so close right now that it would be totally worth it!

BabyFruit Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• It's been hit or miss around here. My DD is 23 weeks and according to the "wonder weeks chart" the time between 22.5 to 26.5 can be a "fussy period" (seriously, if you google that chart and look at the images it's kind of depressing to see the gray shading of how long it lasts!). I see more and more development in her however, so I'm thinking that it's just one of those as they learn new things they become a little overwhelmed kind of thing. Hopefully she'll be back to her self soon...hang in there mama!

My Baby Blog:I carry your heart
  • I posted about this this weekend because I had not seen anyone else posting about their fussy babies like we saw with the fourth leap/sleep regression.  DS is also textbook this week and I am counting down the _gulp_ weeks we have until the end of this.  He is up every 3 hours at night, won't nap during the day (which really isn't new) and is suuuuper fussy.  At the same time, he is learning so much and had his first giggle-fest, so PP who mentioned Jekyll and Hyde, I so understand that!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image MichieU79:
    Yes...he's is miserable at home. Super clingy and whines all. the. time. nbsp;Funny enough...he is a delight outside the house. nbsp;He had the nurse at the pediatric cardiologist completely in love with him by smiling, laughing and chatting with her. nbsp;Then we took him home and he cried so hard waiting for his evening bottle that I thought he was going to throw up. nbsp;It was 3 minutes he had to wait nbsp;It's like living with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. nbsp; But I am really hoping he comes out of this sitting and rolling in both directions like so many babies I have read about after the fifth leap! He is so close right now that it would be totally worth it!

Ah! Same here! She was delightful all weekend for company and her nanny today but when it's just me and DH she's a hot mess! WTF?!

Julia Rose--the chosen one?

• This started pn Sunday for us. She is super clingy and fussy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker