Parenting after a Loss

Attachment to toy/blanket

Is 16 weeks too soon for LO to become attached to an object, in this case a blanket?  I have no idea if this is a coincidence or not.  DD has been fussing off and on all day and I went through the list of issues (hungry, wet, sleepy, temperature, etc.)  and everything is okay but still the crying.  So I went downstairs into our office and put her in her RNP so I could look something up on the computer.  I gave her a little blanket that she likes to chew on and snuggle with a immediately she stopped crying.  Not only that, but she started babbling with a huge smile on her face.  Seriously?  Isn't it too early for her to get attached to something like that?

***PAL April Siggy Challenge - Words to live by***

BFP #1 2/1/12, mmc 3/1/12 @ 8 weeks, D&C 3/2/12 
LAP/Hysteroscopy 4/26/12 removed uterine septum and stage 1 endo BFP #2 7/23/12, induced at 37w1d for IUGR on 3/17/13, St. Patrick's Day!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

"A bore is someone who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company" - Oscar Wilde 

Re: Attachment to toy/blanket

• I don't think it is too early for them to have a favorite item that makes them happy. Is it maybe the RNP?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image luvmyducks:
    I don't think it is too early for them to have a favorite item that makes them happy. Is it maybe the RNP?

Ditto this.  

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Do you think she could have been bored? I remember DD going through a phase where she wanted/demanded new things to play with and a change of scenery would grab her attention and make her happy. 

Im not sure if that's too early, every kid is different. DD didn't pick her lovey until much, much later, like closer to a year though. 

BFP CP 1/12/11 DD born 10/16/11
  • image martinimomma:

image luvmyducks:
    I don't think it is too early for them to have a favorite item that makes them happy. Is it maybe the RNP?

Ditto this.  

She cried in the RNP until I handed her the blanket a few minutes later.  Still wondering if it's a coincidence.  I'll have to test it the next couple days. 

***PAL April Siggy Challenge - Words to live by***

BFP #1 2/1/12, mmc 3/1/12 @ 8 weeks, D&C 3/2/12 
    LAP/Hysteroscopy 4/26/12 removed uterine septum and stage 1 endo BFP #2 7/23/12, induced at 37w1d for IUGR on 3/17/13, St. Patrick's Day!

"A bore is someone who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company" - Oscar Wilde 

• Around that age my LO needed her wub a nub monkey pacifier...she didn't even use it as a pacifier months. But around 6mo she lost interest. 

I kind of wish she had a lovey now, but nope.

imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    ♥ BFP #3 2/7/14 - My BFP chart - EDD 10/20/14♥
    ♥ BFP #2 9/18/11 Nicole Evelyn born 5/17/12 at 38w3d ♥

♥ BFP #1 11/20/10 hb 12/14/10 natural m/c 12/25/10 at 8w3d ♥
     • Fateful appt. 2/11: Saline sono - polyp; thyroid nodule...it's cancer •  Hysteroscopy to remove polyp 3/17/11 •
    Total thyroidectomy (papillary carcinoma) 4/4/11
    RAI 5/9/11• Laparoscopic fibroid removal 11/2012
    ♦ Cancer free since May 2011 ♦

• My DD loves to put things in her mouth - blankets, burp cloths, bibs....it does not seem to matter which. She is just happier holding something. Try giving her different cloth items to see if it is a particular blankie or just that she wants to hold something.
    April PAL Siggy Challenge - Words to Live By
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome!