February 2013 Moms

starting solids in 1955

my granny told me yesterday that, when she started my father on solid foods, she did so by dipping a chicken bone in mashed potatoes and letting him suck on it during dinner.  Hilarious.
Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
Jack 04/29/10 dairy peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism
Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
Lilypie - (cF7R) Lilypie - (Phka)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

Re: starting solids in 1955

• Hahahaha! I have the funniest image of a baby gnawing on a bone with mashed potatoes spewing out of his cheeks! :P

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Oh my goodness that is awesome!
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • That is awesome lol. Resourceful, though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's actually not too different from BLW! I bet he was much younger though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My mom told me today that she was told to start me on solids at 6 weeks. 

6 WEEKS!  

Feb 2013 September Sig Challenge- Favorite Moive: 
    Hot Fuzz
  • As long as that comment wasn't followed up by, "So you really should have already started him on solids, why are you waiting, no wonder he's not STTN, he's starving," then that's an awesome story :-)

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Not for nothing (and not trying to start a debate, just an observation), but I don't know a single one of my parents family or friends of that generation that claims to have a food allergy....  It just seems it wasn't as prevalent when this was the way it was done. 

I may be a big ol B sometimes… but...
  • image kelly321:
    As long as that comment wasn't followed up by, "So you really should have already started him on solids, why are you waiting, no wonder he's not STTN, he's starving," then that's an awesome story :-)

Exactly!  LOL.  She asked if I had started solids with Rhys yet and I said, "No, WHO recommends waiting at least 6 months, so we'll wait a while yet."  Her response was, "That's good.  Don't do what we did in my day." 

Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (cF7R) Lilypie - (Phka)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• JRomeHJRomeH
    Tenth Anniversary 250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its
    Sounds about right, lol! Oh, how times have changed!

Surprise!  BFP 12/1/13...EDD 7/29/14
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    M/C 6/17/07
    M/C 10/31/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards