June 2013 Moms

How long in NB clothes?

For those of you with LOs in NB clothes, how long do you expect them to fit? BTDT moms, when did baby outgrow NB size?

My LO is 3 weeks old, still fits her NB clothes fine.

~*DD June 18th, 2012*~

Re: How long in NB clothes?

• My LO only wore NB for a week and a half. He could never wear NB diapers though. He blew those out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS was 6ish weeks and I expect the same for Nemo. She doesn't have much though, especially now that she can only wear a onesie and a dress on top to hide the Pavlivk harness. 

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• My little one fit nicely at the end of two weeks but put on some chunk the last 5 days or si. Now both boys can still fit NB but its a struggle and easier to do 0 to3 which is still big but not drowning them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LO is 2 weeks 3 days and we have moved to 03. he can fit into NB still but they are getting rather snug!
  • DS was 8lbs 6oz when he was born and wore NB for about 2 weeks. He's 3 weeks now and wears 3 month clothes although he can still fit in his NB sleepers. He was 9lbs 6oz at 2 weeks 2 days

Nov. 5th, 2009~Kailua Beach, HI
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Started TTC Nov. 2011
    1st clomid cycle 50mg June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle 100mg Aug. 2012 ovulated August 15th BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle 100mg Sept. 2012 ovulated Sept 17th :: BFP Sept 30th EDD June 13th 2013=fantastic pregnancy! Wyatt James born 6/15/13 8lbs 6oz 21in BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14
    My Ovulation Chart

• DD was born at 6lb 15oz and came home at 6lb 6oz, she gained a pound in her first week at home but she's still fitting into NB diapers and clothes very well at 2w 3d. I'm guessing we only have another 1-2 weeks if she keeps eating as much as she has been!
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye born on 6/21/2013 at 40w6d 6lbs 15oz 19in
  • LO is 6w and just hit 8 pounds. Newborn clothing fits good still. Moving to size 1 pampers this week.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jennOKjennOK
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Third Anniversary
    My LO started out in premie clothes. He has moved into NB, but they are still big on him. I'm sure he'll be in them for several more weeks. He started out at 4 lbs. 14 oz. though, so he has a lot of catching up to do.
  • My LO fit into NB clothes for the first month.  I celebrated his 1 month milestone by putting all the NB clothes away and breaking out the cute 0-3 month onsies :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS conceived after 14 months with atypical PCOS.
  • DS was 8lbs 5oz at birth and lasted in NB for about 3wks.

He is now in 0 to 3 size.

Big Sister ~ Little Brother

• None of my kids made it past 2 weeks before they outgrew them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lilly was 6lbs 10oz at birth. At almost 3 weeks old she is at 6lbs 12oz and most newborn clothes are big on her. I bet she'll be in them for a while.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilly Alice
  • LiLi23LiLi23
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    With DD I think I had her in them for just under a month. She was 6 lbs 11 oz at birth. DS is currently only wearing a couple sleepers and rompers in nb and they're getting to be too short for him. He was 7 lbs 15 oz at birth. He's 11 days old today.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• E fit into NB sizes until six weeks. Although I wish I had tried some of the 3 month stuff earlier because depending on the brand some of it is closer to NB size.

imageimageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Wish82Wish82
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary

LO is 3w 3d and just started fitting into some smaller 0-3 month stuff. He has a particular brand of sleepers (Babies R Us) that he's outgrown lengthwise. 

It will be a while for sone of his other clothes, though.  

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • DD is two weeks old today and still fits in some NB clothes I'm guessing she'll be out of them all in te next few days. Alex was 8lbs 15oz and 21.25 inches at birth - above the 90th percentile I'm impressed we made it this long!  
  • About 4-4.5 weeks, I made the switch to 0-3 month clothes. I feel like it happened over night. One day she was in a NB onesie and the next day I decided those were too small and put her in a 3 month and haven't looked back. Her arms and upper body still would fit in NB sleepers, but her legs and feet are too long for them. 

image image
  • My lo is 2 weeks 2 days and still fits in NB she is about 7lbs right now she is fitting in newborn diapers as well but only pampers...she blows out huggies. 

• plus1plus1
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    DS is 5 weeks old and he still fits in his NB clothes. He was 6 lbs 3 oz when born is now up to 8 lbs. They're starting to get tight though so I expect him to move up a size soon.

• My daughter was 9 lbs 10 oz at birth and wore newborn diapers and clothes for about the first 2 weeks.

• C was 6lb 4oz when we left the hospital and now at 6 weeks she is 10 lbs and we just moved to size 1 diapers and 0-3 clothes 
    Charlotte Elise
      5/27/2013

• We are at seven weeks and still in NB. I think C is just about done with NB, but D will be in them for a while. D will out grow length before he out grows NB due to weight.
    ~TTC since July 2010~
    CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
    HSG-Clear 
    SA:Low Morph 
    IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
    IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
    IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
    Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
    1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
    C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage
  • AchaeAchae
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    Mine will be four weeks soon and still doesn't fit a lot of newborn size. Gerber works the best right now bcz they run so small!
  • Ella was 7lbs at birth and at 4w4d she is 9lbs6oz. NB onesies still fit comfortably, but NB sleepers have gotten too short. She also wears cloth diapers which make clothes fit a little snugger. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We only use newborn clothes in the hospital. DS1 was 9 lbs 2 oz and DS2 was 8 lbs 2 oz. once we get home and switch to cloth diapers, the butt area in newborn clothes gets too tight.

If I remember right, I think DS1 wore 0 to 3 month clothes until 7 or 8 weeks.
  • Chloe was 9lbs at birth and wore NB for maybe a week and some things didn't fit at all. But Harper was 8 lbs and she is still in them at 11 days old. She is long and not really on the chunkier side yet!
  • My LO was 6lbs 4 oz when we left the hospital and is about 7.5 lbs now at 3 weeks old, and she is still fitting NB clothes. Shouldn't be too much longer before we make the switch

Anniversary

• DS2 is 3.5 weeks, growing out of NB stuff now, depending on the brand.
    *Bumping since 2007*
    had to change my sn :) TTC # 1 since Jan 06
    Miracle Baby #1 - March 2012
    Miracle Baby #2 - June 2013
  • Lo was 9.5lbs when he was born and wore NB clothes for about a week and we went thru one box of NB diapers just because they were open but he blew out of those pretty quick!

• My LO was 9lb12oz and she wore newborn for about 3 weeks but some of her onesies never fit. 

FWIW, I think she carries most of her weight in her cheeks :-P 

Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers