Stay at Home Moms

New board layout

The new board changes are happening soon, right? I hate changes so I dread them... but from what I hear it's a pretty smooth change. I do have to say that I don't like the idea of being able to PM groups at a time without having to call them out, I just know I'm going to miss out on drama that way!! I'm too nosey and I know this.

Forever blessed through adoption! 7-17-11

Re: New board layout

• I would love to hear The Bump's reasoning for group PMs outside of "streamline ability to talk smack and create drama".
    Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • KateMWKateMW
    25000 Comments 250 Answers Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its

image amy052006:
    I would love to hear The Bump's reasoning for group PMs outside of "streamline ability to talk smack and create drama".
    Do they really need more than that? Honestly, I'm kind of excited about that one, since sometimes a number of people want to know something at once.

BTW, I'm oddly excited you are also about to be platinum as well. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • CnAmomCnAmom
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    I honestly think that some people on TB get off on having thuper thecret PMs with a select group of people because they need to feel special. I also think that enough of those people exist that they got enough requests to make it happen.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers, Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • KateMWKateMW
    25000 Comments 250 Answers Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its

image CnAmom:
    I honestly think that some people on TB get off on having thuper thecret PMs with a select group of people because they need to feel special. I also think that enough of those people exist that they got enough requests to make it happen.

I always need to feel special I guess.

I just thought I was lazy. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • CnAmomCnAmom
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    image KateMW:

image CnAmom:

I always need to feel special I guess.

I just thought I was lazy. 

Hey, I said some people and I didn't name any names.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers, Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I pm people all the time- but it's generally not to talk thuper thecrets. Sometimes I just want to touch base on stuff that might be personal with a poster I've gotten to know. Some people aren't down with FB friending, so ya know. It happens this way.

And sometimes I like to talk shitt about people.

You know. Whatevs.  

two kids
    they rule.
  • Wednesday should be the day.  If people are going to create drama, they are going to create it whether they have help or not.  I'm excited for most of the changes.
    Preemie Resources: http://preemiemomblog.blogspot.com/

DD1: BFP July 2010...HG in first tri, MC delivered vaginally at 18 weeks October 2010

DS: BFP December 2011...SCH at 5 weeks, SBR at 7 weeks, Placental Abruption at 13 weeks, Hospitalized at 25 weeks, pPROM at 28 weeks, PTL via CS at 31 weeks 

DD2: BFP January 2013...P17 shots, delivered via VBAC at 39 weeks
  • image amy052006:
    I would love to hear The Bump's reasoning for group PMs outside of "streamline ability to talk smack and create drama".
    My first thought was that it would be easier for planning GTGs on local boards.
  • image auroraloo:
    image amy052006:

Eh, my local nest board never, ever had an issue planning GTGs, just using the regular board. Then once people met, they became FB friends or whatever.

I think it's fine but let's not kid ourselves. It will be a great way for people who are supposedly "so not about drama" to talk about things behind people's back and not just woman up an own it. Like any other secret or side board.

At least before you would have to alert people to their PMs, so it was somewhat more obvious.
    Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • I don't really have an opinion on it, but I felt like this site needed some changes.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• image amy052006:
    image auroraloo:
    image amy052006:
    Eh, my local nest board never, ever had an issue planning GTGs, just using the regular board. Then once people met, they became FB friends or whatever. I think it's fine but let's not kid ourselves. It will be a great way for people who are supposedly "so not about drama" to talk about things behind people's back and not just woman up an own it. Like any other secret or side board. At least before you would have to alert people to their PMs, so it was somewhat more obvious.
    Mine never did either. But most other boards I've been a part of let people PM more than one person at once and they notified you of new ones, so the drama aspect never occurred to me.

I kind of want to PM you now, just 'cause. 

• July 10th is the day. Wednesday.

Unless it gets pushed back!