December 2010 Moms

remembering events

Aiden now seems to remember all sorts of things.  It's crazy these huge leaps they make!  I am sure he remembered them before, but now he verbalizes them. 

DH seems to think it's weird though because he does seem to be repetitive about them.  For example, when we told Aiden that he did a good job with something, he started talking about helping DH with something like a week ago.  He will say "yeah I did good job help daddy with door!"  And he's said it several times since this incident.

I think it's just him verbalizing what he remembers and is clearly proud of this event, or it was memorable to him or whatever, but DH seems to think it's strange that he keeps talking about things like this. 

Anyone else's toddler do this?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: remembering events

• Actually, I just noticed Alexander getting a lot better at this. Or maybe you're right, he can just verbalize it more.

We always ask him at dinner what he did that day.  Usually he just says a bunch of things and sometimes hits on things that are right (for instance, he ALWAYS says he saw Nana and Papa, even if it didn't happen that day).  But then over the weekend we went to a nature center, and in the car we told him we were going to a "Science Center."  So he said, "Oh the racecar. And the kids. And the gray sun. And Curious George."  We realized he was talking about Liberty Science Center, which we went to over 4 months ago! He hasn't really talked about it since, but he obviously remembered a lot of the stuff that we saw!

I don't think it's that weird! To him, since it was memorable, it probably happened just "yesterday" in his mind. My friend's daughter, who just turned 4, still refers to anything that happened in the past as "yesterday" all the time!

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Yes, Aiden too seems to remember things just like that!  We went to his friends house the other day, and we haven't been there for several weeks.  He started talking on the way there about the train set he had, and he wanted to play with it again.

I think DH just thinks it's weird that he keeps repeating about helping him over and over and over again whenever we mention that he did a good job.  Since I'm home with Aiden now during the day, I don't see him saying it that often.  Maybe once a day, but DH thinks it happens a lot where he constantly talks about helping with the door.

I guess I think it's a neat thing that he is remembering all this stuff now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DD remembers all sorts of stuff and tell us. It is crazy. She tells us about it to over and over. Sometimes we have not mentioned something for days and she will bring it back up. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Griff has been remembering and recalling things for a few months now.  Hes repetitive about it and I don't think its weird at all.

Griff will remember small things too like who bought what.  He'll randomly mention that "grandpa bought slide" or "mama buy tshirt" when I put a shirt on him that I really did buy.  A few days ago I cut his hair and told him Bishop was next (he really wasn't but I as just making convo with him).  The next day I asked him if he liked his haircut and he said "yup.  Bishop next."  Its really neat.  I wonder if our LOs will have their first real memory now too.  Like, I think my first memory wasn't until I was 4ish but I guess we'll see. 

• DS brings the hairs up on my neck when he hears any sort of truck. He'll yell, "Fire truck!" and then go on to talk about the fire truck at his school and the trees were on fire. (When the wildfire came near his school/our home and we were evacuated. The fire was across the street from his daycare, and there were fire trucks in the parking lot helping to keep the fire away.)
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Evans like this too. He brings up things that he liked most more often. Maybe he's just really proud of helping out daddy!
  • I don't see why it'd be viewed as strange. DS does it all the time. They're learning associations.

• lrn327lrn327 member
    Not strange at all.  C chatters non-stop, everything in the past happened "yesterday" too, and his memory is air-tight.  The boy remembers everything and talks about it all constantly!  ;-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD remembers everything and eventually tells everything that has happened.  DH and I work all weekend, so over the week DD tattles on everything that grandma and grandpa let her do... like when my mom said she should pee in the grass and not in her swimming pool (that helps PTing mom) or how FIL did wheelies with her in the shopping cart at the grocery.
    image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • lrn327lrn327 member

imageEVM1216:
    DD remembers everything and eventually tells everything that has happened.  DH and I work all weekend, so over the week DD tattles on everything that grandma and grandpa let her do... like when my mom said she should pee in the grass and not in her swimming pool (that helps PTing mom) or how FIL did wheelies with her in the shopping cart at the grocery.

LOL!  Glad to see you btw!  How are you guys doing?  Have things become any easier?  Hoping so and hugs. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"