August 2011 Moms

Umbrella Strollers

Do you have one you love? Hate? We'll be traveling with DS by plane at the end of the month and I would like one for the airport. TIA!!!
    Super Luke 8/12/11     Baby Girl EDD 10/16/14

Re: Umbrella Strollers

• Are you looking for one longer term than just the upcoming trip?

If not, can you just borrow one from a friend regardless of its condition or gender specificity?  

Can you tell I'm a cheap @$$?

;)  We had been gifted a Maclaren umbrella stroller.  It seemed really, really nice before we returned it.  

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We'll probably use it for shorter trips ie the mall or grocery store and not just for traveling. I did think about borrowing one, but we have an amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket anyway. 

I have a jogging stroller that we use for around town/longer trips and a Graco that we practically never use anymore.

So basically something small, light weight and easy to travel with. 

• I love our Chicco Liteway. No complaints at all.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• We have a First Years Jet umbrella stroller. It was $40 and it works great. Have had it for over a year now.
  • We have a Maclaren and love it. It's an awesome stroller period. Great for traveling, too. We just took ours to London and Ireland and it was great. 
    E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14
  • I totally hate my 17 WalMart cheapo. The wheels constantly get stuck. It doesn't turn well, and I HATE it, so doesDD. She hates that the umbrella does nothing to keep the sun out of her face. We use the jogger almost always now.

image photo wereallmad_zps579d81c0.jpg
      Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
  • image EmSue412:
    I love our Chicco Liteway. No complaints at all.

Ditto.  Love it!  It reclines fully, is light-weight and so easy to carry!  I've traveled many times with it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Seventeen dollar, sorry mobile bumping!

image photo wereallmad_zps579d81c0.jpg
      Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
  • image LalaMama81:
    We have a Maclaren and love it. It's an awesome stroller period. Great for traveling, too. We just took ours to London and Ireland and it was great. 

We've taken our Maclaren all over as well! It's been to the Caribbean twice, Cape Cod, New Jersey, and Colorado. We've also had it since L was a newborn and it's still in good condition. Both boys are comfy in it.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image MrsSkull1107:
    We have a First Years Jet umbrella stroller. It was 40 and it works great. Have had it for over a year now.

I wish I could go back in time and skip the city mini and just get this one. My friend has it and its so small and convenient.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• image Rachey1082:

image LalaMama81:
    We have a Maclaren and love it. It's an awesome stroller period. Great for traveling, too. We just took ours to London and Ireland and it was great. 

We've taken our Maclaren all over as well! It's been to the Caribbean twice, Cape Cod, New Jersey, and Colorado. We've also had it since L was a newborn and it's still in good condition. Both boys are comfy in it.  

Yep, ours is from DD1 so it's almost 5 years old and mint condition aside from some dirt. It's also been to France, California, Florida, Jersey Shore...It needs it's own passport! 

E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14
  • I have the cheap-o one from BRU - it's what we use in the airport because it's already beat up and the baggage handlers can't do anything else to it. If you're ONLY going to use it at the airport, it's great.

• We have a Britax Blink I really like.  It's easy to fold and unfold, you can adjust the incline with the kid strapped in.  It has a decent storage basket underneath and a good sized sun shade.  And it came with a travel bag included. I think it was about $80 if I remember right?  It handles nicely.  We used it at the mall yesterday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks everyone! We went with the First Years Jet and had a gift card that covered the whole thing. Yay!