September 2013 Moms

Taking care of hair....down there...

This may seem like a completely inappropriate and weird question, but it's been on my mind the last few months. The further along pregnancy I get the harder it gets to keep things well landscaped down there. How is everyone else keeping things in check and what is your plan for the hair down there for delivery? 

Re: Taking care of hair....down there...

• Getting what I can by feel and calling it good!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yeah, that just isn't happening is how I'm dealing with it....

I did a good trim a while back while I could see, but now I have given up.  

My Food Blog - Dinner Delish
    TTC since Oct '09
    Missed miscarriage 3/24/10 @ 16 wks, Partial Molar Pregnancy
    Began our IF journey in May '11
    Asherman's Diagnosis (cervical & uterine scarring) - Surgery 8/17/11
    IUIs #1-#5 & 1 canceled IUI, IVF #1, 2 FETs - all BFN
    IVF# 2 December '12, BFP 1/13! EDD 9/21 
    Complete Previa and Short Cervix. C-section scheduled for 9/3
    Delivered 8/5 @ 33 weeks, 4lbs, 6oz. 
    4-week NICU stay, home 9/3
  • Still managing mostly by feel, but I used a hand mirror at the end with DS and probably will need to again here soon.

Not sure what you mean about during delivery.

imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • I shave by feel:) DH said he will help me shave when I need to, but so far I have been doing ok...It helps that I can't see anything:)

Closer to delivery I might wax it in an arrow shape  and add some vajazzling so LO knows where to come out, and she feels specialStick out tongue

• You don't have to do anything with the "hair down there" for delivery. You could deliver with a full bush if you wanted to and the staff doesn't care. They have seen it all. 

If you can't reach your vag to trim then you either do it by feel alone or with a mirror or you get a wax.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I've given up. I'm letting it grow out 70's style. My doctor will need a machete and a flashlight for delivery. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Just going by feel for the rest of the time, but it's maybe been every couple weeks since I am scared of slicing and dicing. I thought about using a mirror or something for delivery so my stuff doesn't look like a jungle.

• image Surfergirl013:

Closer to delivery I might wax it in an arrow shape  and add some vajazzling so LO knows where to come out, and she feels specialStick out tongue 

Klassy!

I might have to steal that idea. Perhaps with some purple glitter to really bling things up a bit ;) 

• image Shanmarie1083:
    image Surfergirl013:

Klassy!

I might have to steal that idea. Perhaps with some purple glitter to really bling things up a bit ;) 

ooohhh!!! I like the added glitter idea!!!Big Smile

• Well I was thinking about getting a wax right before my due date so I don't overwhelm my doc, but I don't know if that is normal. I see all of these birthing videos and all of the women are very well manicured (or very bare)! What is normal?!!!
  • I am sad to say that I have given up. I just don't care anymore.
  • I've been leaving it since I got pregnant, I was due to start electrolysis the week after I got my BFP, and they said it was safe, but I chickened out, so now I am leaving it until the pp bleeding has stopped, then I am def starting the electrolysis, I can't wait Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 had severe Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 had severe Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. Antibody Sensitisation Information 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I do it by feel on occasion.  I thought I did a great job last time then DH pointed out all the areas I missed.  I'm not planning to do anything special before delivery and I don't think there is a "normal", more just personal preference.  
    image imageimage

On our way to 2u2
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image alemke09:
    Well I was thinking about getting a wax right before my due date so I don't overwhelm my doc, but I don't know if that is normal. I see all of these birthing videos and all of the women are very well manicured (or very bare)! What is normal?!!!

Do whatever you want to do with your own vag! I'm sorry but I don't study other women's vaginas enough to know what's normal and what's not. No one here can tell you how to groom yourself. Wax if you want to or go full bush if you want to, trust me the doctors won't care either way. I have heard that waxing can be more painful during pregnancy due the added blood flow, but pain is subjective so it may be NBD to you.  

• I was going in blind and praying for the best with the razor but I may have to recruit DH to help out. I dont know, I feel cleaner when there is little to no hair there.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I have an electric bikini trimmer.  It does not shave it bare, but it keeps it short and neat.  It has a safety guard so I cannot cut myself, since I cannot see down there anymore.
  • tinab3tinab3
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 5 Love Its
    I started waxing last month due to not being able to do as good of a job with the razor. I'm due to go back this Friday.
  • image Aknight1986:
    I've given up. I'm letting it grow out 70's style. My doctor will need a machete and a flashlight for delivery.nbsp;

Haha! This is so me!!!!
  • I use an electric trimmer and a hand mirror. I was complaining to my hubby that it is getting hard to do. He said he would help if I needed it.
  • myglowmyglow
    100 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Regular razor for bikini area by feel, electric razor and a mirror on the side of the tub to keep the rest trimmed.
  • Splurge on waxing!!!  I feel so much better. :)
  • Husband is gone so I figure, meh, I'm not trying to impress anyone! That said, I just found out my MIL has booked us both appointments to get sugared on my birthday this week. It's sure to be... interesting.

• I've gotten what I can. I tried using a mirror to help but I think it made it worse lol.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm going in for a wax shortly before delivery but only because I'd prefer to not deal with a sweaty itchy Sasquatch after delivery.
  • It's all about the Brazilian wax.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I waxed at the beginning of my pregnancy, but as I've gotten further along my skin has not been reacting well to it, lots of red bumps for several days afterward. Last week I finally swallowed my pride before a pool party and had my husband trim it with his electric shaver. We both laughed so hard, it was probably just as unsafe as me trying to do it blind :D
    BabyName Ticker
  • I'm blind as a bat without my glasses and I'm not one of those people that wears glasses in the shower. I have always shaved by feel and will continue. DH offered to help if I get to the point where I can't reach.
  • Those of you who have a bikini trimmer, what brand and where did you get it? I'd really like one so I don't look so bushy when I deliver because I haven't done anything down there in a while...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • image Mama3+1:
    I'm going in for a wax shortly before delivery but only because I'd prefer to not deal with a sweaty itchy Sasquatch after delivery.

this made me laugh so hard i just about pee my pants!!

since it started getting difficult a while back i just get DF to nair me every few weeks. I do intend of getting a wax 2 weeks before my due date due to same reasons quoted! 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I've been getting Brazilians for over 5 years now. Thankfully I haven't noticed any increase in pain while pregnant.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards