Food Allergy

Need a formula w/o coconut oil

My almost exclusively breast fed DS has a nut sensitivity.  It took a really long time to figure out because he also reacts when I eat or drink anything that has coconutin it.  Occasionally we supplement with formula and I'm going back to work in about a month.  It's going to be hard to pump enough while working so we need to find a formula that doesn't have coconut oil in it.  Allimentum doesn't have it, but he wont eat it.  He used to when he was starving but lately he refuses it.  I don't blame him either... it smells terrible.  

Does anyone know of another formula that doesn't have coconut oil?   

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Need a formula w/o coconut oil

• Have you tried the Alimentum ready to feed? I've heard it doesn't taste or smell AS bad. My sisters baby prefers it over the powder. Just a thought that could be worth trying. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD doesn't have a coconut allergy, but she has milk, soy and tree nut allergies.  I wasn't producing enough breastmilk, so the allergist recommended a prescription formula to supplement with (Nutramigen, not sure if it has coconut in it).  It's disgusting, and my daughter wouldn't drink it.

So what we do is give her a 6 oz bottle - 4oz breast milk and 2 oz formula.  She drinks it just fine.

Also, I had to take a business trip and my freezer stash ran out.  With the blessing of our nutritionist and pediatrician, my husband added some chocolate syrup to a bottle of straight formula, and she drank most of it (it was the dairy free, soy free kind you find at Whole Foods). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"