Stay at Home Moms

Bored? Anyone want to throw their name choices out to be judged?

Got to have some rules, here.

- If you want your child's name judged, you can't get mad when people judge it.

- If you are judging an existing child's name, you can be honest, but please be mindful of peoples' feelings. "I find it old-fashioned" is always nicer than "It sounds like an old lady."

- Same holds true for potential children, but not quite as much. 

- You should probably only participate if you actually don't give a flying fark what people think of your kids' names, but are only mildly curious about it given the previous post.

Sound good? I'll kick it off. 

Two boys. Finn Theodore and Clayton Lee. Judge my naming skills!

Re: Bored? Anyone want to throw their name choices out to be judged?

• Finn Theodore sounds very civil war era to me...if that makes any sense lol and not that that's a bad thing.

Leilani Carolina and Jayden Alexander

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image team_kirsten:
    Finn Theodore sounds very civil war era to me...if that makes any sense lol and not that that's a bad thing. Leilani Carolina and Jayden Alexander

Leilani Carolina - Hawaiian-Southern fusion. Like them both. 

Jayden Alexander - Jayden always makes me think of Will Smith's son. 

• image team_kirsten:
    Finn Theodore sounds very civil war era to me...if that makes any sense lol and not that that's a bad thing. Leilani Carolina and Jayden Alexander

~I agree that Finn and Clayton sound very southern but I like them (I'm from the south

~I like Leilani a lot.

Matthew Lee and Leah Carolyn 

• image LoriLee14:

image team_kirsten:

~I agree that Finn and Clayton sound very southern but I like them (I'm from the south

~I like Leilani a lot.

Matthew Lee and Leah Carolyn 

I would assume from those that you are very traditional. 

• Hizzo- love both the names. 

Kirsten- You are new, I pass. Smile 

DD is Lillie Kate, named after the same person I got my first name from. We were named after my great grandmother. It was a double name to begin with, but only a handful of people call her that. She goes by Lillie or Lil.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    There is another kid, she's 10... 
  • I know my current kid's name is awesome, but here are potential future names we're tossing around.

Ramona Mae

Cordelia Jane

Wilhelmina  Aria

Warren Ferris

Liam Ferris

Parker Warren

Ella the Mermaid 06/13/12 * Wesley the Pirate 09/08/14

• I like Matthew and Leah or is her name pronounced Lee like his middle name?
  • Aw, I love the name Finn! No real feelings, positive or negative, toward Clayton.

Mine are Lydia Nelle Marie, Anna Sophia Rose and Fiona Elizabeth Kaye. A bit of a mouthful for each, huh?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Finn and Clayton sound very southern and gentlemen like.

DD is Ava Michelle and DS will be Blake Thomas

• image Mrs.Hizzo:

Two boys. Finn Theodore and Clayton Lee. Judge my naming skills! 

I'm not a fan of Finn, but it's not horrific. I love Theodore. Clayton reminds me of Tarzan, but I like how Clayton Lee sounds. 

• Have an Eleanor Mae & a Violet Frances. 

Potential names girl: Caroline, Elizabeth or Cecelia, boy: Holden William

Love Lillie and Finn. Clayton is NMS but perfectly fine. I'm partial to Leah b/c it's my name, :). Matthew is a total classic. I can't do Jayden - too trendy w/ the Y for me.  

imageimage
    E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14
  • CnAmomCnAmom
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    Hizzo- I like both of those!

DS1 is Conner Joseph (I got the name, H got the spelling). DS2 is Andrew James. I think this is the first time I shared both of their names on here.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers, Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • image KateMW:

Hizzo- love both the names. 

DD is Lillie Kate, named after the same person I got my first name from. We were named after my great grandmother. It was a double name to begin with, but only a handful of people call her that. She goes by Lillie or Lil.  

New to posting, yes. I've been a lurker for a little over 3 years.  :)

• image MermaidsMagic:
    I know my current kid's name is awesome, but here are potential future names we're tossing around.Ramona MaeCordelia JaneWilhelmina nbsp;AriaWarren FerrisLiam FerrisParker Warrennbsp;

I like warren and Liam. Parker is unisex to me. Not a good thing or bad thing just a thing. The rest are old fashion.

• image KateMW:

I dearly love Lily (that's just the way I would spell it.) It was at the top of my "when I have a daughter" list when I was single. I thought I would use the name Elizabeth and nick-name Lily. I also love Kate, but dislike Katie and Catherine. Actually, Catherine is fine, but I don't like it well enough to give it to a child. 

At any rate, thumbs up on those. 

• image KateMW:
    I like Matthew and Leah or is her name pronounced Lee like his middle name?

Le-ah

And it would be right on about being traditional. Lee and Carolyn are both family names.

• image CnAmom:
    Hizzo I like both of those! DS1 is Conner Joseph I got the name, H got the spelling. DS2 is Andrew James. I think this is the first time I shared both of their names on here.

Very classic names. I would assume you're traditional.

DS is Tucker David.

I'm not that traditional but the MN is my dad's name, and DH and I couldn't agree on anything else. :]

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • image CnAmom:

DS1 is Conner Joseph (I got the name, H got the spelling). DS2 is Andrew James. I think this is the first time I shared both of their names on here.

Andrew is one of my favorite boys names. Do you use a nickname? I love Andy, but alas, my new BIL is Andrew/Andy. So it's a no-go.  

imageimage
    E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14
  • image Mrs.Greg:
    Mine are Lydia Nelle Marie, Anna Sophia Rose and Fiona Elizabeth Kaye. A bit of a mouthful for each, huh?

I like the twins names better, but I do like Lydia. They are mouthfuls though! Smile

• image Mermaids&Magic:

I know my current kid's name is awesome, but here are potential future names we're tossing around.

Ramona Mae Makes me think of Beverly Cleary.

Cordelia Jane Makes me think of Anne of Green Gables.

Wilhelmina  Aria Very old fashioned, but cute.

Warren Ferris I think of a banker.

• image CnAmom:

I prefer Connor, but that's just a spelling thing. I like both names. I love the nick name AJ, you don't call him that do you? 

• image LalaMama81:
    Have an Eleanor Mae amp; a Violet Frances.nbsp;Potential names girl: Caroline, Elizabeth or Cecelia, boy: Holden WilliamLove Lillie and Finn. Clayton is NMS but perfectly fine. I'm partial to Leah b/c it's my name, :. Matthew is a total classic. I can't do Jayden too trendy w/ the Y for me. nbsp;

All solid names but Holden seems to lend itself to a lot of jokes.

I love lily Kate. As someone with a challenging name I try to keep the spellings simple.

• SpookoSpooko
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    I'll throw out the misses for DD. Geoffrey Eric if she was a boy and Graciella Josephine was my runner up for her.

• image Mermaids&Magic:

I know my current kid's name is awesome, but here are potential future names we're tossing around.

Ramona Mae

Cordelia Jane

Wilhelmina  Aria

Warren Ferris

Liam Ferris

Parker Warren

They're all too trendy for me and they don't really flow together. They're not bad names really, but they don't seem like names you have any sort of personal connection too. Are any of them family names? 

• image Mermaids&Magic:

Ramona Mae

Cordelia Jane

Wilhelmina  Aria

Warren Ferris

Liam Ferris

Parker Warren

I like Parker the best out of all those names

• image Diapers&Wipes:
    image LalaMama81:
    Have an Eleanor Mae amp; a Violet Frances.nbsp;Potential names girl: Caroline, Elizabeth or Cecelia, boy: Holden WilliamLove Lillie and Finn. Clayton is NMS but perfectly fine. I'm partial to Leah b/c it's my name, :. Matthew is a total classic. I can't do Jayden too trendy w/ the Y for me. nbsp;
    All solid names but Holden seems to lend itself to a lot of jokes. I love lily Kate. As someone with a challenging name I try to keep the spellings simple.

Like what? Hold on?  

imageimage
    E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14
  • image MermaidsMagic:
    I know my current kid's name is awesome, but here are potential future names we're tossing around.Ramona MaeCordelia JaneWilhelmina nbsp;AriaWarren FerrisLiam FerrisParker Warrennbsp;

Ramona would always make me think of Judy Blume, and Wilhemina would always make me think of Ugly Betty. Kinda like Cordelia. Boys names are meh for me. But I love Ella. :]

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • image Diapers&Wipes:
    Finn and Clayton sound very southern and gentlemen like. DD is Ava Michelle and DS will be Blake Thomas

I like Ava, not a big Michelle person. Like Blake Thomas, though I might flip it to flow better. I am a big flow person. 

• image Mrs.Greg:
    Aw, I love the name Finn! No real feelings, positive or negative, toward Clayton. Mine are Lydia Nelle Marie, Anna Sophia Rose and Fiona Elizabeth Kaye. A bit of a mouthful for each, huh?

Lydia was on our girl's list, I think it's very classy. I don't have any real opinion about Anna, and I think Fiona is pretty but sounds very Irish. Not in a bad way, just Irish. 

• image KateMW:

I like it when names mean something more than you just found them out of a book. I like that it is something that she will share with you and with your family and great grandmother. And I like Philip even though you didn't share it here