Stay at Home Moms

I can't be the only one that.....

I can't be the only one that opens up the shower curtain to check for monsters/ghosts/pervs before sitting down and using the bathroom.

It drives DH nuts when the shower curtain is left open constantly but I've watched too many scary movies to take that chance.

Share some weird/interesting/non negotiables about yourself. Start it with....I can't be the only one that.....

GO!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I can't be the only one that.....

• I don't do that, but I do look in the backseat when I get in the car every time. I also have to sleep with the bathroom and closet doors shut and the lights on inside of both if DH is out of town. If he's there, the lights can be off.
  • I can't be the only one that... can't have the light left on behind a closed door (like the closet/bathroom connected to our room) at night.  It freaks me out to see the light around the edges of the door for some reason.  I don't like the doors to closets left open at night either with their big gaping black holes in the dark room.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I say "bread and butter" anytime I'm walking with DH or the kids and we have to split to walk around something (like a light pole or a pillar or whatever). When I was a kid, someone told me if you didn't do that you would someday lose the person you were walking with forever, and to this day I still do it, even though I know it's dumb.
  • imageMermaids&Magic:

I do not walk up stairs at night. I run from the invisible monsters chasing me. 

I can't walk outside in the dark by myself. I run from my car to the door or the opposite way. LOL Or I have to be talking on the phone.

I live in the safest 'hood ever. 

• I can't be the only one that gets the willies when someone starts cracking their knuckles. Aagh!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I just leave the shower curtains open, unless we have company coming over. I always look at other people's houses. Also always check the backseat. If I'm in the car, the doors are locked. I double check them at stoplights.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • I cant be the only one that turns on the light in the bathroom and inspects the floor and walls for spiders before walking in. We had some monster ones when we first moved into our house- one even jumped at me when I opened the garage door once. Completely terrified. 
  • I can't be the only one who sleeps with a night light on and won't let my arms or legs dangle over the edge of the bed lest the monsters under the bed grab me!

Also, ditto on the closet and bathroom doors closed.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have to have ALL of the blinds closed as soon as it gets dark out. No gaps.

I also have to have the closet doors closed to sleep.

All of the doors to the house have to be locked, and double checked, and my "booby traps" must be in place. My booby traps are: A set of decorative jingly bells on the door to the basement (you can't come up from the basement with out making it jingle. Impossible.) And setting the additional lock on our walk through gate (another thing you can't undo with out making noise). Then our door is left open so the dogs can hear. I'm a little paranoid in that regard.

• imageShoecrazysarah:
    I can't be the only one who sleeps with a night light on and won't let my arms or legs dangle over the edge of the bed lest the monsters under the bed grab me! Also, ditto on the closet and bathroom doors closed.

Same. No dangling off the bed. My toes must always be covered (by my blanket, if i wear socks to bed I feel like I can't breathe).

I can't be the only one that jumps out of their skin when DD comes into our room in the middle of the night. She walks in all creepy like and just stands there..... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepitterpatter129:

I can't be the only one that... can't have the light left on behind a closed door (like the closet/bathroom connected to our room) at night.  It freaks me out to see the light around the edges of the door for some reason.  I don't like the doors to closets left open at night either with their big gaping black holes in the dark room.

This one for me.

I can't be the only one who gets creeped out if the blinds were left open and it's dark out. I always imagine I'm going to see a face peeking in.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"