February 2013 Moms

exercise routine

I am getting ready to go back to work in a few weeks and trying to figure out when I will fit in exercising without mommy guilt. Crazy I know, but I feel guilty ab delaying picking them up from daycare to go to the gym. This summer I have been walking while DS plays anddd naps, I use the monitor to ck on her.
My question is when are you fitting it in? I am not a morning person but I am thinking of trying to do it before work toget it out of the way. With crib transitioning still a terror, I don't know how well that will work. Got to work on this belly jelly!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: exercise routine

• I don't even try to juggle full time work and an infant. That just sounds like hell. I start up once my life is somewhat back to normal. Having said that, if your daycare is somewhat close to your house you could go for a run to pick up LO with your stroller and then walk home, since they are too young to run with.

With DD1 I would run when DH got home and could watch her. We also would do bath time and then put her in the stroller for a family run. I am not a morning exerciser, it makes me feel awful for the rest of the day
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • Its miserable juggling both but my dd wakes up to eat at 5 and goes back to sleep so I get up at 5 and run or workout and then get ready for work and get dd ready for school. Its working so far
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• I'm of no help because I don't even work full time and I can't stand leaving him to go work out. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I do workout DVDs when DD is asleep. We also do a ton of walking. I'm doing a crunch and squat challenge too. I work FT, so I have to do the DVDs when she's out for the night. I'm doing 30 day shred so its only 20 minutes but it's hard. You really get a good workout.

DH and I have also talked about setting up a running routine where we switch off every night.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Its miserable juggling both but my dd wakes up to eat at 5 and goes back to sleep so I get up at 5 and run or workout and then get ready for work and get dd ready for school. Its working so far
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• I have started the ab and squat challenge. Maybe the 30 day shred willwork bc it is short . Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I work out on my lunch break. I figure I would be away from DD during that time anyway. This way I'm not losing any time with her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm on summer vacation right now so it's not hard to fit in a workout yet. Right now, I get up, feed DD and hand her off to DH and get my workout in before he goes to work. Although I do count cleaning while babywearing as working out because I have to squat to pick things up and load the dishwasher. When school starts up again, I'm not sure what I'll do. I might just walk after school with DD or get up about 4:15 to fit in a run before I have to go to work. I see that lasting maybe a month if I'm lucky. :-) I really do have to bust my butt this summer to see if I can fit into some of my work pants. I do not want to buy a new wardrobe. 
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker