March 2014 Moms

What's that smell?

Over July 4th my nose really became sensitive. An open bag of cheese puffs smelled like vomit to me and on our way home from the beach DH rolled down the windows which smelled like band aids to me. Anyone else with a crazy sense of smell?

Re: What's that smell?

• With my first, my sense of smell was intense after week 6. It went back to normal by second trimester, so hope yours does too.

It's starting to kick in, and I'm really dreading riding the subways to work come Monday, the smells in the summer in NYC are already bad on the subway as is.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Me!  The produce aisle at the grocery store smells like rotting fruit to me, and while I was up at the cabin, my SIL's dog was especially rank (to the point where I couldn't be around her without covering my nose).

BFP#1 6/27/13  EDD 3/5/14  MC 7/16/13
    BFP#2 11/25/13  EDD 8/4/14

It's a BOY!

Baby Blog

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm right there with ya
  • Even though I had given her a bath just a few days ago, my pit bull mix smelled so bad to me it turned my stomach. This is bad as she likes to sleep in the bed, haha. Even DH smelled bad to me last night, like cardboard. It will really be bad when I go back to work because inevitably there will be at least one smelly kid in each class.
  • My dog smells! DH says he doesn't but my super nose can smell it and its making me full fledge nauseous! Poor dog. 
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • During my last pregnancy my dh went to a friend's house and had a beer. A few hours later he came home and kissed me. I immediately pulled away disgusted by the smell. I told him he reeked of beer. He said, "you are just like a dog." He meant to say I had the nose of a bloodhound but I didn't let him live it down for awhile.

image image

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image marisha1021:
    With my first, my sense of smell was intense after week 6. It went back to normal by second trimester, so hope yours does too. It's starting to kick in, and I'm really dreading riding the subways to work come Monday, the smells in the summer in NYC are already bad on the subway as is.

All of this. I work in DC and ride the metro...its awful.  Last time I was pregnant the smell of the trash in the city was so horrible. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • OMG Yes!!! My DD's cheerios smell like puke to me (she eats them every morning and the milk is fresh, so they actually are fine), and DH smelled like BO last night and I limited the cuddling before bed (he hadn't been really working or anything, so I know it was all me.) I felt bad, but I was miserable!

Sep14 February Siggy Challenge: Favorite Romantic Movie - A Knight's Tale

Happily welcomed healthy baby girl December 2011.

Excited to welcome a new addition September 2014!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards