Health & Exercise

Favorite pg workout attire?

Where do you buy your maternity fitness gear? I have stuff that still fits me, but I don't want to wreck my Ellie or Lululemon gear with my expanding gut.

Re: Favorite pg workout attire?

• I found nice ones at Old Navy. I knew I was OAD so I didn't want to spend a lot on maternity clothes.
    www.bubbakins.blogspot.com
  • I'm due in less than 2 weeks and I'm still wearing my lulu lemon tops. I have the ones that are supposed to be loose in the midsection but of course they are tight now. For pants I got a cheap pair of yoga style pants from motherhood.
  • I just bought larger-sized workout gear. I got some size XL shorts from Under Armour (which I still wear because of the drawstring, elastic waist, and because I like them better than my pre-pregnancy workout shorts!) Most of my tops were size XL sleeveless workout tops from Gap Body. The straps were too long on a few, so I had to sew them shorter, but otherwise they worked. I ended up working out until the night before LO was born, and they fit until the end. The tops are much too big to be comfortable any longer, so I am glad I didn't spend much on those, although I did wear them when I first started working out at 5wks PP.

What I would recommend spending more money for is good workout bras, both during and after pregnancy. I needed a more structured, supportive workout bra during pregnancy and now PP, I'm loving the Moving Comfort brand. It took a couple tries to get the proper size and style, but they do free returns, so in the future, I plan to just order a variety and send back what doesn't work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• In my first tri, I bought a couple regular tops (non-maternity) from Old Navy in a size larger than I would usually buy. They were the type with a sort of baby doll top with a loose midsection. I've been wearing them with room to grow and I'm coming up on 32 weeks here. I also bought two tanks from "For Two" fitness because I do fun road races and I thought they were adorable. Those were my only maternity workout splurges! :)
  • image LiveNLove44:
    In my first tri, I bought a couple regular tops (non-maternity) from Old Navy in a size larger than I would usually buy. They were the type with a sort of baby doll top with a loose midsection. I've been wearing them with room to grow and I'm coming up on 32 weeks here. I also bought two tanks from "For Two" fitness because I do fun road races and I thought they were adorable. Those were my only maternity workout splurges! :)

I just bought this top from ON and I'm going to buy a few more in different colors.  They are AWESOME!!  I typically have to wear 2 sports bras because of my chest size, but with the built in shelf bra plus my regular sports bra I have PLENTY of support.

I really do like them, plus the material in the midsection is a little meshy they breathe really well.  

My neighbor has the "For Two" stuff.  She's a crazy fitness buff.  She wore them and STILL wears them even though her daughter turns one next month. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image CK2MD:

I just bought larger-sized workout gear. I got some size XL shorts from Under Armour (which I still wear because of the drawstring, elastic waist, and because I like them better than my pre-pregnancy workout shorts!) Most of my tops were size XL sleeveless workout tops from Gap Body. The straps were too long on a few, so I had to sew them shorter, but otherwise they worked. I ended up working out until the night before LO was born, and they fit until the end. The tops are much too big to be comfortable any longer, so I am glad I didn't spend much on those, although I did wear them when I first started working out at 5wks PP.

What I would recommend spending more money for is good workout bras, both during and after pregnancy. I needed a more structured, supportive workout bra during pregnancy and now PP, I'm loving the Moving Comfort brand. It took a couple tries to get the proper size and style, but they do free returns, so in the future, I plan to just order a variety and send back what doesn't work.

This.  My water broke at the gym so I worked out until the last minute.  I'm a Nike girl so I wore all my pre pregnancy clothes.  The last month I had to buy a few M size tops b/c some of the shirts were too short or compression tops.   

I'm not into Lululemon (I only own a few pieces) but a lot of my friends love it.  They wore all of their pre pregnancy stuff throughout their pregnancy and said they had no problems with stretching (everything returned back to normal after the pregnancy).  FWIW...I lost all of my pregnancy weight plus some and I'm wearing all of my workout gear that I wore throughout my pregnancy.  No stretching with my Nike gear. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I got some great tanks at Old Navy for cheap-just got a larger size.  I'm still wearing my same shorts, I just roll the waist band under the bump. Target has some good stuff for reasonable prices-not maternity but stretchy stuff, yoga pants, etc.  I highly highly recommend compression socks if you don't already wear them if you are walking, running, etc.-definitely have become a must for me!!
  • Target has some adorable tops right now that have plenty of space for a growing belly but fit well around the top half of your torso. They're like a sports bra with a second layered tank over the top. I just bought one and I know I'll wear it as my belly is shrinking PP, too!