September 2013 Moms

Sprinkle etiquette

I'm in a stay at home mommies group and they are doing a diaper and wipes sprinkle for me! So thoughtful of them! My question is, what is the sprinkle etiquette? Do you do thank you's? Should I make favors? It's just a small get together, not a big ordeal like a traditional shower is.

Re: Sprinkle etiquette

• I don't know what the technical etiquette is, but I would still do thank you's.  I think any time someone gives a gift, it warrants a thank you note, but maybe that's just the southern girl in me.  :)
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.
  • caovercaover
    100 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper
    Absolutely do thank you cards. 
    4 m/c between 2007-2012 Twin girls born 15 weeks premature on 8.17.10 BFP 1.24.13 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My mommies group is throwing me a sprinkle as well. I definitely plan on sending thank yous. ...other than that, you can offer to help, but will more than likely be turned down...at least I was :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

photo 232323232fp53886_vq6385_58_238_WSNRCG39528264329vq0mrj.jpg photo AlexisNewborn.jpg

• I'm doing presents for my hostesses and will send thank yous to everyone: bbworks is doing their annual sale, so I made gift basket full of goodies and spent 15.00 on everything all together for 3 hostesses! Ahhh they're so CUTE!!!
  • Any time someone gives you a gift or hosts a party, thank you cards are absolutely necessary
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • That's very nice of them! I would definitely do thank yous.
  • Okay I'm glad you all agree about the thank you's! I tend to send them out for like.... everything. I actually was asking in case it would be weird to send them. Now my next problem is deciding what to bring!
  • image revlaurawittman:
    I don't know what the technical etiquette is, but I would still do thank you's. nbsp;I think any time someone gives a gift, it warrants a thank you note, but maybe that's just the southern girl in me. nbsp;:

Agreed. I hate it when people don't send thank you notes for shower gifts. I think it is very rude. If someone took the time to think of you, they should get a thank you note.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • image ravenclaw1:
    Any time someone gives you a gift or hosts a party, thank you cards are absolutely necessary

THIS.

There is never a time where people give you a gift and a thank you note is not in order. 

"She's the tied for the third-funniest person on this board!" -S13 Bumpies

Follow Me on Pinterest