Working Moms

? about mirena

I have had difficulty with a lot of hormonal BC options but my OB didn't think paragard was a good idea because I have really heavy periods too. She thinks Mirena will be fine for me, however I am nervous because I have had trouble with depression on BC before and it is a possible side effect of Mirena. Has anyone had this side effect with Mirena before? Or have you had it with the pill and then been successful with Mirena?
imageimage
My Loves ~Owen (4/25/13) and Maddy (3/30/11)~

Re: ? about mirena

• Hi, I just wanted to say good luck. I've had trouble with depression on BC too; with Alesse and NuvaRing and it was awful. I hope you find something that works for you!

image  image
    June '14 Siggy Challenge: Cute Baby Animals.
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image  image

• I've been on HBC for 12 years more or less, 3 different types of combo pills, the mini pill, depo, and now mirena. I've had some history with depression and side effects on HBC. The mini-pill was probably the worst for me (long uncontrollable crying jags for the first 3 months until I got used to them). Depo wasn't too bad, but wasn't fun. I've been on Mirena since 8 weeks PP (LO is now 14 months, so that makes about a year on Mirena). I haven't noticed any depression except a spell about 2 months ago when I started weaning LO. Otherwise, I've liked Mirena, very light periods, still able to lose weight (I gained a bunch on Depo), and no other side effects I've noticed.