April 2013 Moms

Full Formula Feed babies.......

Just wondering how many times a day your baby poo's......the consistency and colour too please Smile

also how much does your LO drink each day?

Im concerned about my LO who is 11 weeks old tomorrow and the amount and colour of his poo. Im not sure if i need to change formulas, we have had other issues too.

TIA!

Re: Full Formula Feed babies.......

• Regarding color, my doc said that as long as it is earth toned, she isn't concerned (ie, yellow, green, brown), and the only thing that really concerns her is red.

Regarding frequency -- it depends.  Yesterday he stooled 3 times, today just once.  My doc also said that it is normal for them to go a few days without stooling sometimes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My DD typically goes once every morning, rarely twice. It's always yellowish in colour, and soft.

I don't really keep track of the exact amount she eats in a day, but I would guess it's around 25-30 ounces every 24 hours. She weighs almost 11 lbs.

• Loading the player...
  • Well we use karo syrup for constipation so her poo is dark. she only poos like 3-4 times a week.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ktr722ktr722 member
    LO poops maybe once a day and its usually a greenish color. It has been thicker lately. Then there are days when she doesn't go at all. I have her on Similac advance. 3 to 4 oz every 3 to 4 hours. Her last bottle is around 10 and then she gets up around 6.
  • Normally just her overnight/am diaper is poo. Sometimes she'll have another, but usually just that one. She gets 4ish oz every 3ish hours but with STTN and "skipping" those feeds she usually ends up between 24 and 28 ounces per day.

ETA now that I am EFF, it is more green than yellow and not as runny.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO's poop is usually some shade of light brown and usually very soft/not formed at all. He goes once a day in the morning, rarely twice unless the first was little. On an average day, he will eat about 30 oz give or take.

We started with regular similac but have been on sensitive since about 6 weeks old for gas and reflux. he's on zantac now and that's made a world of difference!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • My dd eats about 26 to 30 oz per day. Poo is about once or twice a day and brown to yellow and either very thin or like pb consistency. Color is not a concern at all. If its hard then you have an issue. We had to switch formulas for constipation.
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • My chubber is 11 weeks tomorrow and was 14 lbs at her 2 month appt. She started EFF at 5 weeks. She typically poops once per day, the consistency of sticky oatmeal, and it is typically dark Forrest green, sometimes with yellow mixed in. She eats anywhere between 24 and 32 oz/ day.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"